The Official Iron Maiden Thread

Segue Myles

Ok...I am getting confused...how many Official Iron Maiden threads do we need here? LOL!
  • Like 1

Ok...I am getting confused...how many Official Iron Maiden threads do we need here? LOL!

All of them are Official Iron Maiden threads. It can be interesting because we will have three different discussions going in each thread. Kind of reminds me of the Rush section here when this site was booming.

• Like 3

All of them are Official Iron Maiden threads. It can be interesting because we will have three different discussions going in each thread. Kind of reminds me of the Rush section here when this site was booming.

Is Iron Maiden TRF's second favorite band?

• Like 2

I love Maiden more ������

I meant collectively, lol. That doesn't surprise me at all.

To be honest, Iron Maiden, Judas Priest and Rush are about equal to me.

• Like 1

I've been meaning to listen to Senjutsu but got busy this week. I'm kinda a new fan. I saw them in concert twice during Book of Souls tour and after that I was hooked! I had always heard about them in high school and all my friends listened to them, however, when I watched their videos on MTV they kinda scared me. :lol: (Don't ask, i was only 12 or 13 years old!)....Anyway, a friend of mine loves Dance of Death album and he says Senjutsu reminds him of that. I'm working overtime next week and will need something to listen to! :cool:
  • Like 2

Poll-worthy question.
  • Like 4

I've been meaning to listen to Senjutsu but got busy this week. I'm kinda a new fan. I saw them in concert twice during Book of Souls tour and after that I was hooked! I had always heard about them in high school and all my friends listened to them, however, when I watched their videos on MTV they kinda scared me. :lol: (Don't ask, i was only 12 or 13 years old!)....Anyway, a friend of mine loves Dance of Death album and he says Senjutsu reminds him of that. I'm working overtime next week and will need something to listen to! :cool:

:haz: late-adopters rule :haz:
  • Like 2

The more listens I give Senjutsu the more I love it. I can't say that about Book of Souls, even if I still enjoy that one too. It doesn't have something absolutely wild like Empire of the Clouds but it is consistently good from start to finish for me.
  • Like 1

Very interesting video where a guy offers some explanations and rebuttals for a few common criticisms of Senjustsu:

• Like 3

I love BOS. but love Senjutsu more. miles more.

Mick

The full Senjutsu is now on Amazon Prime, so I'll be giving it full attention over the next few days. If it matches or beats Book of Souls I'm in for a treat. Edited by goose

Very interesting video where a guy offers some explanations and rebuttals for a few common criticisms of Senjustsu:

His channel is incredible. And as I was watching another video of his today, I realized he also lives in Toronto. I want to meet him someday.

• Like 1

This is a great video. He does a good job of making criticisms a discussion rather than an argument. They're not dismissed or ruled "invalid", but just offered another perspective on something that's completely subjective at the end of the day.

That said I think his harmonized take on the Hell on Earth melody actually sounded pretty cool and wouldn't have been too noisy.

• Like 1

The Smith and Murray solos in Darkest Hour are sublime. Some of the best they have ever recorded.

Name any other band with two soloists that are both So. f***ing. Good.

Well, currently... Priest. Don't get me wrong I love KK, but as a soloist he was mostly flash and less nuance than Glenn. But with Richie in the band... now that's a great pair.

I was thinking the other day what an Iron Maiden set list would look like if it was made up of songs they never performed live? I think it would be a pretty interesting playlist to make.

I think aside from Alexander the Great, Montsegur and Empire of the Clouds, they played everything I'd like them to play. I love Gangland, Quest for Fire and Sun and Steel, but they would fail miserably in a live setting...now, if you want to make a list of "rarely played songs" from their catalogue, I'd be up for it!!!

I was thinking the other day what an Iron Maiden set list would look like if it was made up of songs they never performed live? I think it would be a pretty interesting playlist to make.

I'm not super familiar with what they have and haven't played live. Do you happen to have a list?

I'm not super familiar with what they have and haven't played live. Do you happen to have a list?

https://www.thathashtagshow.com/2021/04/12/these-are-the-43-songs-that-iron-maiden-has-never-played-live/

I can definitely make something good with those songs. Invaders will be my opening song.

Edited by J2112YYZ
  • Like 1

https://www.thathash...er-played-live/

I can definitely make something good with those songs. Invaders will be my opening song.

Oh dang, songs I would've guessed would be killer live on there too!

There are enough that I don't know on the list for me to probably not be able to construct a full set, but I would love to see these:

Invaders (I've never really understood the dislike for this song, sure there are more than a few superior tracks on NOTB, but NOTB is loaded anyway, plus this one is catchy as heck)

Flash Of The Blade and The Duelists and Back In The Village (these are the MEAT of Powerslave! It's nothing but bookends without these three songs! Goodness, I'm actually shocked they've never done Flash Of The Blade live. That opening riff would ignite any crowd in an instant)

Deja Vu and Alexander The Great (Somewhere In Time is consistent all the way through, I'd take anything from this album live, and I'd enjoy it)

The Prophecy and Only The Good Die Young (just give me the whole of Seventh Son live, I would be so happy)

The Thin Line Between Love And Hate (excellent closer from an excellent record, pretty colorful melody too)

As to how to arrange them, I'm not sure. Invaders into Flash Of The Blade would make a great 1-2 punch though.

• Like 1

https://www.thathash...er-played-live/

Oh dang, songs I would've guessed would be killer live on there too!

There are enough that I don't know on the list for me to probably not be able to construct a full set, but I would love to see these:

Invaders (I've never really understood the dislike for this song, sure there are more than a few superior tracks on NOTB, but NOTB is loaded anyway, plus this one is catchy as heck)

Flash Of The Blade and The Duelists and Back In The Village (these are the MEAT of Powerslave! It's nothing but bookends without these three songs! Goodness, I'm actually shocked they've never done Flash Of The Blade live. That opening riff would ignite any crowd in an instant)

Deja Vu and Alexander The Great (Somewhere In Time is consistent all the way through, I'd take anything from this album live, and I'd enjoy it)

The Prophecy and Only The Good Die Young (just give me the whole of Seventh Son live, I would be so happy)

The Thin Line Between Love And Hate (excellent closer from an excellent record, pretty colorful melody too)

As to how to arrange them, I'm not sure. Invaders into Flash Of The Blade would make a great 1-2 punch though.

Ha! That's exactly what I was thinking for my first two songs.

• Like 1