The Official Iron Maiden Thread

Segue Myles

So, was anyone else aware that Nicko is 64 years old?

I knew he was older than everyone else in the band but didn't know he had them all beat by four or five years.

No i wasnt at all, interesting

I knew he was older than everyone else in the band but didn't know he had them all beat by four or five years.

You talking about wanting a second leg of the tour got me wondering how old they all are and if they could be up for doing it.

You talking about wanting a second leg of the tour got me wondering how old they all are and if they could be up for doing it.

Yeah , that could be a huge factor. Maybe some kind of break in between legs could help.

Please let there be another north american leg next year

And a non-festival tour with assigned seats. Cause I'm old!

Lol! I hear ya

Hey, if those old men can do what they do on stage for two hours, you should be able to stand there and watch them for that long.

If Maiden plays an arena, more than likely the floor is general admission. The band prefers it that way.

Hey, if those old men can do what they do on stage for two hours, you should be able to stand there and watch them for that long.

If Maiden plays an arena, more than likely the floor is general admission. The band prefers it that way.

Oh, I'll stand and watch them, preferably up near the stage! But I don't want to spend 90 minutes getting pushed around by a bunch of sweaty kids.

Oh, I'll stand and watch them, preferably up near the stage! But I don't want to spend 90 minutes getting pushed around by a bunch of sweaty kids.

Well, if you don't want to get pushed around by a bunch of sweaty kids, then the front of the stage is not the place for you at a metal show.

Are Maiden fans in the US that crazy though? I can see it in South America and Europe. But here, the crowds are always more reserved and less passionate about who they're seeing.

Well, if you don't want to get pushed around by a bunch of sweaty kids, then the front of the stage is not the place for you at a metal show.

Are Maiden fans in the US that crazy though? I can see it in South America and Europe. But here, the crowds are always more reserved and less passionate about who they're seeing.

But...I want to see them from up close!

The last time I saw Maiden there were assigned seats. I was in the third row, and immediately in front of me was a ten year old girl (with her dad) holding a sign saying that was her third or fourth time seeing the band!

When I saw them last year in Philadelphia we were only a few people off the rail. Everyone was pretty cool until the last five minutes or so and when they started tossing out picks and stuff that was when people started getting a bit crazy and pushing and shoving.

Edited by Laurabw
  • Like 2

Right now, Iron Maiden feel like the greatest band of all time to me. Just love them so much.
  • Like 3

When I saw them last year in Philadelphia we were only a few people off the rail. Everyone was pretty cool until the last five minutes or so and when they started tossing out picks and stuff that was when people started getting a bit crazy and pushing and shoving.

What venue was that, in Philly?

Right now, Iron Maiden feel like the greatest band of all time to me. Just love them so much.

They're the only band for me that challenges Rush for my favorite of all time.

They are certainly my favorite metal band of all time. In all of recorded music that I’ve ever heard, though, I’d have to knock them several spots down. There’s just too much music in this world that indispensable to me.

But that being said, they certainly thrill me in a way that few other bands ever have.

• Like 3

Yes Josh, Philly!

Yes Josh, Philly!

But what venue? ( :unsure: )

I’ve been to the Tower Theater, but I’m pretty sure that it would not have been there...but I just wondered where. The Spectrum? (Is it even called the Spectrum anymore?).

Yes Josh, Philly!

I’ve been to the Tower Theater, but I’m pretty sure that it would not have been there...but I just wondered where. The Spectrum? (Is it even called the Spectrum anymore?).

Oh duh, lol. It was the something or other arena, not Spectrum anymore, I forget the name. But it's in the same location as some stadium whose name I also do not know. lol. Right off the highway.

Yes Josh, Philly!

Oh duh, lol. It was the something or other arena, not Spectrum anymore, I forget the name. But it's in the same location as some stadium whose name I also do not know. lol. Right off the highway.

The stadium is called Lincoln Financial Field now (unless it has changed again, since I was last aware of it)...so anyway, yeah, I know right where you’re talking about. :)

• Like 1

I follow Austin Dickinson on Instagram and I just read his instagram story that said his mom has tragically passed away. :( Edited by Leanne

I follow Austin Dickinson on Instagram and I just read his instagram story that said his mom has tragically passed away. :(

It's so sad.

I hope the family are ok. I'm a big fan of Austin's, I hope he has a wide support network

• Like 1

I follow Austin Dickinson on Instagram and I just read his instagram story that said his mom has tragically passed away. :(

It's so sad.

I hope the family are ok. I'm a big fan of Austin's, I hope he has a wide support network

In the article I read, it describes his mom as the "estranged" wife of Bruce Dickinson and that Bruce now lives with another woman in Paris. So, I guess they're separated and haven't been in contact for a long time. Still very sad.

Edited by J2112YYZ

It's so sad.

In the article I read, it describes his mom as the "estranged" wife of Bruce Dickinson and that Bruce now lives with another woman in Paris. So, I guess they're separated and nobody knew of her whereabouts before she died? Very odd but still very sad.

A few things I'm finding odd but I don't want to run my mouth like a tabloid.

I feel for the kids, I really, truly do