Jump to content


A missed opportunity for Geddy, fashion wise.


  • Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 fraroc

fraroc

    Solar Federalist

  • Members
  • 2469 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Interests:Rock music, roller coasters, aviation, writing novels,

Posted 17 March 2015 - 07:18 PM

I was thinking, Geddy always talks about how much he hated the coonskin hat ponytail he had from Power Windows to Hold Your Fire. After watching A Show Of Hands, I noticed that Ged's hair was more than long enough to do this, have the raccoon hat, but have a bad-ass "warrior braid" going down instead of a regular ponytail. That would look pretty cool.


So what do you think? Would it look cool on him, or would it only work with Khal Drogo from GOT?

Edited by fraroc, 17 March 2015 - 07:19 PM.


Sponsored Post

#2 EagleMoon

EagleMoon

    Beauty and the Bass

  • Members
  • 21806 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Phoenix, Arizona
  • Interests:GUI and graphic design, writing, reading, hiking with my dog and photography.

Posted 17 March 2015 - 07:35 PM

I'd say no, and especially no today. Having his hair back draws more attention to the nose.

#3 jamie

jamie

    The Biggest Thing Since Powdered TOST

  • Members
  • 12259 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Perris,CA
  • Interests:cats, dogs, sleeping, steve harris, bass players with long brown hair

Posted 17 March 2015 - 10:05 PM

:no: :no: :no: :no: :no: that hairstyle was horrible enough as it was!

#4 blueschica

blueschica

    What the Puck?

  • Members
  • 5972 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Central Pa
  • Interests:Camping, gardening, muscle cars, NASCAR, Rush!

Posted 17 March 2015 - 10:28 PM

I think his hair long and loose has always been the best look !  :ebert: :ebert:

#5 x1yyz

x1yyz

    The Shark Whisperer

  • Members
  • 8821 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Oakland, CA
  • Interests:Stuff. And things.

Posted 17 March 2015 - 10:33 PM

No ponytail, no braid.

#6 EagleMoon

EagleMoon

    Beauty and the Bass

  • Members
  • 21806 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Phoenix, Arizona
  • Interests:GUI and graphic design, writing, reading, hiking with my dog and photography.

Posted 17 March 2015 - 11:49 PM

View Postblueschica, on 17 March 2015 - 10:28 PM, said:

I think his hair long and loose has always been the best look !  :ebert: :ebert:

+1

#7 G Lee

G Lee

    The Seeker

  • Members
  • 451 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:United States—Iowa
  • Interests:Social Work, audiophilia, Ged's beautiful everything, and of course Rush.

Posted 21 March 2015 - 10:39 AM

No to the poofy part, yes to the ponytail, braid (I love it when long haired dudes do these), or loose!

#8 G Lee

G Lee

    The Seeker

  • Members
  • 451 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:United States—Iowa
  • Interests:Social Work, audiophilia, Ged's beautiful everything, and of course Rush.

Posted 21 March 2015 - 10:40 AM

View PostEagleMoon, on 17 March 2015 - 07:35 PM, said:

I'd say no, and especially no today. Having his hair back draws more attention to the nose.

Ged has a lovely nose, so yay on attention :coy:

#9 fraroc

fraroc

    Solar Federalist

  • Members
  • 2469 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Interests:Rock music, roller coasters, aviation, writing novels,

Posted 21 March 2015 - 11:39 AM

View Postgeddylennon, on 21 March 2015 - 10:39 AM, said:

No to the poofy part, yes to the ponytail, braid (I love it when long haired dudes do these), or loose!

I actually liked the poofy part :)

#10 EagleMoon

EagleMoon

    Beauty and the Bass

  • Members
  • 21806 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Phoenix, Arizona
  • Interests:GUI and graphic design, writing, reading, hiking with my dog and photography.

Posted 21 March 2015 - 11:46 AM

View Postgeddylennon, on 21 March 2015 - 10:40 AM, said:

View PostEagleMoon, on 17 March 2015 - 07:35 PM, said:

I'd say no, and especially no today. Having his hair back draws more attention to the nose.

Ged has a lovely nose, so yay on attention :coy:

I wouldn't go THAT far. :)

#11 Lorraine

Lorraine

    Dial-Up Diva

  • Members *
  • 42714 posts
  • Gender:Female

Posted 21 March 2015 - 11:53 AM

I loved Geddy's look in the eighties.

#12 Digital Dad

Digital Dad

    The Dad Abides

  • Members
  • 10267 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 22 March 2015 - 01:26 PM

Man bun!!

I rock one.

#13 G Lee

G Lee

    The Seeker

  • Members
  • 451 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:United States—Iowa
  • Interests:Social Work, audiophilia, Ged's beautiful everything, and of course Rush.

Posted 22 March 2015 - 10:48 PM

View PostEagleMoon, on 21 March 2015 - 11:46 AM, said:

View Postgeddylennon, on 21 March 2015 - 10:40 AM, said:

View PostEagleMoon, on 17 March 2015 - 07:35 PM, said:

I'd say no, and especially no today. Having his hair back draws more attention to the nose.

Ged has a lovely nose, so yay on attention :coy:

I wouldn't go THAT far. :)

I would because I have a thing for big man schnozs. Geddy, John Lennon, Robert Carlyle, Adrian Brody, etc.

#14 EagleMoon

EagleMoon

    Beauty and the Bass

  • Members
  • 21806 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Phoenix, Arizona
  • Interests:GUI and graphic design, writing, reading, hiking with my dog and photography.

Posted 23 March 2015 - 03:02 AM

View Postgeddylennon, on 22 March 2015 - 10:48 PM, said:

View PostEagleMoon, on 21 March 2015 - 11:46 AM, said:

View Postgeddylennon, on 21 March 2015 - 10:40 AM, said:

View PostEagleMoon, on 17 March 2015 - 07:35 PM, said:

I'd say no, and especially no today. Having his hair back draws more attention to the nose.

Ged has a lovely nose, so yay on attention :coy:

I wouldn't go THAT far. :)

I would because I have a thing for big man schnozs. Geddy, John Lennon, Robert Carlyle, Adrian Brody, etc.

John Lennon had a big nose? I never noticed. :)




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users