Cinderella Man vs Lessons

Narps

The underrateds  

54 members have voted

1. 1. So which one

In my opinion two of the most underrated tunes in Rush history. I am gonna take Lessons by the slimmest of margins... :) Edited by Narpsberg
  • Like 3

Two of my favorite songs to blast with the windows down on a beautiful Summah day! Cinderella Man gets the Oscar though; unbeatable guitar solo
  • Like 3

Lessons. It's got a great kickass beat and really fun to play. I really like CM too but it's more of a ballad.
  • Like 2

Lessons. It's got a great kickass beat and really fun to play. I really like CM too but it's more of a ballad.

:cheers: Great assessment from a real player. Appreciate your point of view especially when I agree with it... :LOL: Edited by Narpsberg
  • Like 2

If Family Feud did a round of most underrated Rush songs, these two should certainly be near the top. Neither one is calling out to me now. I'll think about this for a bit :smoke: and then vote.
  • Like 4

If Family Feud did a round of most underrated Rush songs, these two should certainly be near the top. Neither one is calling out to me now. I'll think about this for a bit :smoke: and then vote.

The title track from AFTK would be another strong contender in my view. Great tune. Little love... :) Edited by Narpsberg
  • Like 2

The title track from AFTK would be another strong contender in my view. Great tune. Little love... :)

I agree. As would Something For Nothing, Best I Can, Making Memories and Beneath, Between and Behind.

Edited by EagleMoon
  • Like 3

The title track from AFTK would be another strong contender in my view. Great tune. Little love... :)

Abso-freakin-lutley. AFTK would be an easy choice for me as I love that tune. Easy choice for me over Lessons/CM (which I love as well, but not as much).

• Like 2

I agree. As would Something For Nothing, Best I Can, Making Memories and Beneath, Between and Behind.

Great choices. Completely agree... :cheers:
  • Like 1

Great choices. Completely agree... :cheers:

So much music and no synths. Heaven. :)

• Like 4

Love the talk of these great tunes. Not a huge fan of Best I Can, but the other three are incredible. One of my favorite things about Rush shows is playing songs like these in the parking lot and people might actually recognize them (when would that ever happen again). Unfortunately, most in the lots aren't diehards, and I do get a little discouraged when nobody recognizes Making Memories, etc...

• Like 2

Super-tough one, Narp. Not sure I'm up to the task. Lessons has the added bonus of having rare lyrics from Lifeson. Did Lifeson write any other lyrics in Rush?
  • Like 1

Super-tough one, Narp. Not sure I'm up to the task. Lessons has the added bonus of having rare lyrics from Lifeson. Did Lifeson write any other lyrics in Rush?

I've heard him say he wrote Here Again

Don't know. As someone mentioned previously there is just something about the acoustic intro that just grabs me and won't let go. For the musicians out there does it have something to do with melody as to why the songs grabs me and won't let go?...
  • Like 2

If so then he would be batting 2 for 2... :cheers:
  • Like 5

Agreed.

Sorry I missed out on this discussion today.

• Like 3

Agreed.

Interesting that the poll is 9-9. It seems at least to me that if you love one of these you tend to love both and its tough to choose between the two. As Eagle stated earlier I would throw Something For Nothing in there too all day. Great tunes all of them...
  • Like 4

Agreed.

Interesting that the poll is 9-9. It seems at least to me that if you love one of these you tend to love both and its tough to choose between the two. As Eagle stated earlier I would throw Something For Nothing in there too all day. Great tunes all of them...

Both songs are great little nuggets of vintage Rush music. Lessons would be cool because of the truly "deep cut" nature of it. But I picked Cinderella Man due to the midsection jam and Alex's wailing over the top of it.

Imagine what they could do with that jam if they performed it live in this day and age!

• Like 4

Agreed.

Both songs are great little nuggets of vintage Rush music. Lessons would be cool because of the truly "deep cut" nature of it. But I picked Cinderella Man due to the midsection jam and Alex's wailing over the top of it.

Imagine what they could do with that jam if they performed it live in this day and age!

These are some of the songs they really should consider dragging out of the vault. Ged couldn't even come close to singing Lessons or Something For Nothing but Cinderella Man he might could pull off and the break and potential jamming would be awesome...
  • Like 4

Agreed.

These are some of the songs they really should consider dragging out of the vault. Ged couldn't even come close to singing Lessons or Something For Nothing but Cinderella Man he might could pull off and the break and potential jamming would be awesome...

Testify, my brother! :haz:

I don't like thinking about things that he doesn't have a snowball's chance with singing anymore...but you are correct.

• Like 2