Geddy Lee: Master of Fashion? Or Slave to Vogue?

Geddy's Soul Patch

Geddy Lee: Master of Fashion? Or Slave to Vogue?  

11 members have voted

1. 1. ?

• Master of Fashion
    • Slave to Vogue

Damn, lol. When did gangly white guys with long hair go out of style? For me, they always have and will be the epitome of hotness :P.
  • Like 1

As a straight man, I offer two bits of thought on Geddy.

One, any rationally thinking straight man can acknowledge a handsome man and be comfortable in his own skin. I think Geddy is a handsome man. Not in the traditional sense, mind you (Pierce Brosnan, he ain't), but having met the man in passing once, I can tell you he was very comfortable and confident with who he is... and I know for a fact that women find *that* attractive. So, yes, he is a handsome man.

Two, to each his or her own. To those of you women out there (many on this board) he think Geddy is a hottie, don't let any of the naysayers let you think any differently!

As for Geddy's fashion sense... he has none. And that's okay. He tried... and tried.... and tried.... and tried.... and tried again. And failed.... and failed.... and failed... and failed again. And then he finally gave up and decided to be himself.... which he has really always been all along. The fact the so openly pokes fun at his prior fashion faux pas is only more endearing in my mind.

• Like 3

One, any rationally thinking straight man can acknowledge a handsome man and be comfortable in his own skin. I think Geddy is a handsome man. Not in the traditional sense, mind you (Pierce Brosnan, he ain't), but having met the man in passing once, I can tell you he was very comfortable and confident with who he is... and I know for a fact that women find *that* attractive. So, yes, he is a handsome man.

Yes, this. Once in a while, I'll mention a mutual guy acquaintance is attractive or handsome. If my husband doesn't quite see it, he'll go, "Wait- they know a lot about what they were talking about (confident) or they made you laugh. . " It's true, I think most women find a man who is confident (comfortable with themselves, not a bser) or who can make them laugh very attractive!

And WorkingAllTheTime, you had all the luck to meet Geddy, even in passing :)

Yes, this. Once in a while, I'll mention a mutual guy acquaintance is attractive or handsome. If my husband doesn't quite see it, he'll go, "Wait- they know a lot about what they were talking about (confident) or they made you laugh. . " It's true, I think most women find a man who is confident (comfortable with themselves, not a bser) or who can make them laugh very attractive!

Yes, it really was luck. He was seated at a restaurant. I didn't notice him. But he noticed I was wearing an old school Toronto Blue Jays hat and made a little joke about it. I turned to look and clearly had that "Holy s***, you are Geddy Lee!" face on. He smiled. I composed myself (so as not to make an arse of myself) made some passing comment about the Blue Jays and that I was actually a Cardinal fan and the Blue Jays were my "bizarro" team (a Seinfeld reference- blue versus red, American versus National league, Canada, etc.). We talked baseball for a few moments. I shook his hand and told him I was a fan, would let him enjoy his meal, and would see him the next night (a concert). He said he would look for me. We laughed. I left. That was it.

• Like 5

Yes, it really was luck. He was seated at a restaurant. I didn't notice him. But he noticed I was wearing an old school Toronto Blue Jays hat and made a little joke about it. I turned to look and clearly had that "Holy s***, you are Geddy Lee!" face on. He smiled. I composed myself (so as not to make an arse of myself) made some passing comment about the Blue Jays and that I was actually a Cardinal fan and the Blue Jays were my "bizarro" team (a Seinfeld reference- blue versus red, American versus National league, Canada, etc.). We talked baseball for a few moments. I shook his hand and told him I was a fan, would let him enjoy his meal, and would see him the next night (a concert). He said he would look for me. We laughed. I left. That was it.

I would have frozen like a block of wood, repeating again and again in my mind "OMG, Ged touched me...he touched me... :16ton: "

Good on you for being a pro classy fan and awesome you got to meet him ;).

• Like 2

I would have frozen like a block of wood, repeating again and again in my mind "OMG, Ged touched me...he touched me... :16ton: "

Oh. Don't get me wrong. Once I got to my table, I looked at my friend and said, "Oh my God, that was Geddy F***ing Lee and he liked my hat!"

:facepalm:

• Like 2

Oh. Don't get me wrong. Once I got to my table, I looked at my friend and said, "Oh my God, that was Geddy F***ing Lee and he liked my hat!"

Yeah, but you didn't freak out to his face or puke on his shoes. Again, good job!

• Like 2

That is a cool friggin story.

I think we all have this mental image of what we might do if we were faced with someone we admired. I would hope I wouldn't pass out or throw up or anything obnoxious if I were to happen to meet one of these guys. You did a great job. At least you didn't fall down and start kissing his feet. :LOL:

Two, to each his or her own. To those of you women out there (many on this board) he think Geddy is a hottie, don't let any of the naysayers let you think any differently!

As for Geddy's fashion sense... he has none. And that's okay. He tried... and tried.... and tried.... and tried.... and tried again. And failed.... and failed.... and failed... and failed again. And then he finally gave up and decided to be himself.... which he has really always been all along. The fact the so openly pokes fun at his prior fashion faux pas is only more endearing in my mind.

This was very well said and very true. Geddy is definitely not handsome in the conventional sense, but it is his sense of confidence and sweetness that comes across and is very attractive. Plus he's just a nice guy. All of them are down to earth regular guys, and they have fun senses of humor, which is another thing that makes them so attractive.

That is a wonderful story, and the best way to meet someone. Geddy came up to you--how cool is that?!

Why would any woman on this board be swayed by what anyone else thought about Geddy? :huh:

• Like 1

I shook his hand and told him I was a fan, would let him enjoy his meal, and would see him the next night (a concert). He said he would look for me. We laughed. I left. That was it.

And undoubtedly the next night, Geddy gave himself no rest until he found you in the audience so he could say :hi: , right? :LOL:

• Like 3

Why would any woman on this board be swayed by what anyone else thought about Geddy? :huh:

Geddy and sway in the same sentence? Surely you jest? :D

• Like 1

Mea culpa, Eagle. Must've been a Freudian slip.

Mea culpa, Eagle. Must've been a Freudian slip.

If Geddy swayed, he'd definitely have better fashion sense.

I shook his hand and told him I was a fan, would let him enjoy his meal, and would see him the next night (a concert). He said he would look for me. We laughed. I left. That was it.

And undoubtedly the next night, Geddy gave himself no rest until he found you in the audience so he could say :hi: , right? :LOL:

Well. I *did* make sure to wear the same hat just in case.

• Like 1

That is a wonderful story, and the best way to meet someone. Geddy came up to you--how cool is that?!

Notsomuch came up to me. Rather we were being led to our table and passed by his and he made the comment. We didn't chat too long, but long enough for the hostess to be visibly perturbed that this guy in the hat was wasting her time talking to the eccentric looking guy who she clearly had no idea was famous. But, yeah, pretty cool that he acknowledged me. Then again, I assume that celebrities, being human, aren't entirely void of basic human interaction.

Funny thing, though, is the reason I bothered to compose myself was that, many years ago, I made a complete fool of myself with an athlete who I idolized as a kid. I was quite drunk and out with some friends and noticed this athlete at the booth next to us eating late night pancakes. Being drunken and youthful, I somehow decided it was totally appropriate to hop into the booth across from him and strike up a conversation by saying something like "Dude, what the hell are you doing here?" Fortunately, he had a sense of humor and apparently said something like "Well, what are you doing here?" (I actually don't remember much of it, but my friends have recounted it many times as they never let me live it down). After a few minutes of my telling him how much I loved him and offering to sign his hat after he signed mine (yeah, I apparently did that), he decided it was time to go, but not before looking at my friends and saying "He's not driving, right?", laughing, and leaving. Sure, it's funny, but I am kind of mortified that he might remember that incident because it probably seemed so bizarre. From that point on, I vowed never to get all stupid or weird when I met a celebrity, particularly one I genuinely admired.

• Like 1

First of all, anyone who says he's ugly is full of shit.

Anyway, when it comes to image, I totally agree with what Ged said in Beyond The Lighted Stage. "Our lack of image BECAME our image." Geddy is now known for looking Ozzy with a soul patch and cool hippie glasses, Neil is known for his beanie, and Alex is known for his suits.

He's not ugly, he's fugly. He's aged well, but that's about the nicest thing you can say about his looks.

As for the fashion, he was more a slave, but never getting it right. By the 90s when it was ok to dress normally as a rock star, they finally started to look not ridiculous on stage. I wish they tried it earlier.

I'm not sure what fugly means, but Geddy has turned into a good-looking man. He was a bit gangly and awkward in his younger days. Then there was the raccoon hat era, but we won't talk about that :facepalm: Now he has finally grown into his looks.

He is neither a master nor a slave; he does his own thing, which nowadays is jeans & t-shirts. A classic look, if you will.

Fugly is a portmanteau.

Fu____ugly.

Nice use of the word "portmanteau", you get 5 extra points!

• Like 1