Geddy Lee: Master of Fashion? Or Slave to Vogue?

Geddy's Soul Patch

Geddy Lee: Master of Fashion? Or Slave to Vogue?  

11 members have voted

1. 1. ?

• Master of Fashion
    • Slave to Vogue

First of all, anyone who says he's ugly is full of shit.

Anyway, when it comes to image, I totally agree with what Ged said in Beyond The Lighted Stage. "Our lack of image BECAME our image." Geddy is now known for looking Ozzy with a soul patch and cool hippie glasses, Neil is known for his beanie, and Alex is known for his suits.

Anyway, when it comes to image, I totally agree with what Ged said in Beyond The Lighted Stage. "Our lack of image BECAME our image." Geddy is now known for looking Ozzy with a soul patch and cool hippie glasses, Neil is known for his beanie, and Alex is known for his suits.

He's not ugly, he's fugly. He's aged well, but that's about the nicest thing you can say about his looks.

As for the fashion, he was more a slave, but never getting it right. By the 90s when it was ok to dress normally as a rock star, they finally started to look not ridiculous on stage. I wish they tried it earlier.

• Like 1

He's not ugly, he's fugly. He's aged well, but that's about the nicest thing you can say about his looks.

As for the fashion, he was more a slave, but never getting it right. By the 90s when it was ok to dress normally as a rock star, they finally started to look not ridiculous on stage. I wish they tried it earlier.

I'm not sure what fugly means, but Geddy has turned into a good-looking man. He was a bit gangly and awkward in his younger days. Then there was the raccoon hat era, but we won't talk about that :facepalm: Now he has finally grown into his looks.

He is neither a master nor a slave; he does his own thing, which nowadays is jeans & t-shirts. A classic look, if you will.

• Like 1

I'm not sure what fugly means, but Geddy has turned into a good-looking man. He was a bit gangly and awkward in his younger days. Then there was the raccoon hat era, but we won't talk about that :facepalm: Now he has finally grown into his looks.

He is neither a master nor a slave; he does his own thing, which nowadays is jeans & t-shirts. A classic look, if you will.

Fugly is a portmanteau.

Fu____ugly.

• Like 1

'fugly' - the 'f' is an expletive with 'ing' at the end. The rest...

Hey! Physical beauty is in the eye of the beholder sir. To this eye, he is dayum fine everyday of the week and twice on Sunday.

And in regards to the actual poll, I'm gonna say Ged is the master of his own unique fashion, and looks damn fine in it to boot :coy:.
  • Like 1

I think "Fashion victim" is the phrase we are looking for here.

That's what I was going to say. None of the guys have ever been very good at picking out clothes, though Alex at least tried.

Geddy has very kind and gentle eyes, and he has a soothing speaking voice.

Who cares what he dresses like?

I don't think anybody really cares. I figured it was a joke

• Like 2

There was far too much perspiration in the 80s.

Look at the Grace Under Pressure video. Alex and those crazy pants. He looks like he's drowning in his own sweat. I hope he wasn't coked up or something.

Edited by toymaker
  • Like 1

Look at the Grace Under Pressure video. Alex and those crazy pants. He looks like he's drowning in his own sweat. I hope he wasn't coked up or something.

Alex perspires because he's always dressed like he's about to go on a great Yukon adventure. He ought to dress like he did in Rio. Why he insists on wearing those jackets on stage I do not know. Do you?

• Like 2

Alex perspires because he's always dressed like he's about to go on a great Yukon adventure. He ought to dress like he did in Rio. Why he insists on wearing those jackets on stage I do not know. Do you?

To absorb the sweat?

I would agree with this. It can and does happen as some folks get into the 50-60 year old range. I am there myself and should know. If you take care of yourself you can look more appealing than you did say 20 years previously... :)
  • Like 1

Wtf, lol. Am I in a minority that thinks Ged is hot throughout his life and at present?

Wtf, lol. Am I in a minority that thinks Ged is hot throughout his life and at present?

Yes... :)