Lorraine

82 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of it?

• Love it!
    • Like it.
    • Take it or leave it.
    • Dislike it.
    • Hate it!

It 's one of the best instrumentals in rock history.

Out of curiosity, what do you think comes close to it?

Excellent question. The answer is....nothing...nada...zippo...comes close to LVS.

OK, that's a hundred. Will have to get Clarke to round up some grounders, or, fly balls.

That was an exercise in self indulgence. Actually, three of them.

• Like 1

Can you imagine TRF trying to govern a country?.....

Do you really think it would be worse than what we have now?

Excellent question. The answer is....nothing...nada...zippo...comes close to LVS.

OK, that's a hundred. Will have to get Clarke to round up some grounders, or, fly balls.

I agree nothing comes close to it. When I read his post, I spent some time trying to think of one. They pale into insignificance next to La Villa. Not even Alex ever outdid it.

There is only one La Villa Strangiato. Alex wraps his guitar around your soul when you listen to it.

I agree nothing comes close to it. When I read his post, I spent some time trying to think of one. They pale into insignificance next to La Villa. Not even Alex ever outdid it.

There is only one La Villa Strangiato. Alex wraps his guitar around your soul when you listen to it.

Yes, Alex is amazing on La Villa. I was overwhelmed when I first watched on BTLS, with so many musicians raving and referring to it as the ultimate Rush song. And many were talking specifically about Alex' emotional solo and how influential it was. For a song largely unknown by the rock fan community due to its length and no singing - but being so well regarded by other musicians. A hidden treasure.

• Like 1

It's the perfect Rush song. It lets each member of the band shine individually. They've never worked better as a cohesive unit as they did with this song.

• Like 1

Speaking of spiteful, Zumbi has alerted the forum to the fact that he hates LVS. He's the sole Hate it! voter.

I don't believe him. He's just being a turkey.

Speaking of spiteful, Zumbi has alerted the forum to the fact that he hates LVS. He's the sole Hate it! voter.

I don't believe him. He's just being a turkey.

He thinks he's funny but that is childish.

Not to mention sacrilegious.

• Like 1

Haven't heard much from Zumbi - is he checking in as often as he used to? My visits are sporadic, so I don't know.

Maybe that last post will get his attention

Edited by toymaker

By the way....

"La VILL-A"

Not "La VEE-YA"

It's an Italian/Spanish word. The proper pronunciation (at least in Spanish) is like Veya or Veja.

I get that, but I say it the American way. Because I am American. I also say Mexico, not Mehico. :)

• Like 1

I get that, but I say it the American way. Because I am American. I also say Mexico, not Mehico. :)

Another prime example of American's arrogance and ignorance of other cultures.

Edited by Irenicus
  • Like 4

Who the heck voted that they hated it?!?!?! Mon Dieu!

Guess. Or you can cheat and look.

I can't. That option doesn't show on my phone.