TRF March Madness 2015 Bracket Group!

The Analog Cub

Due to interest, I have created a bracket group on ESPN for the NCAA Men's basketball tournament! If you have never done this before, it's really quite simple! And if you're a March Madness veteran, get ready for some fun.

This is entirely free and just for fun. There is no gambling at all. The only purpose of this is to laugh at your fellow TRFers as their teams get upset by some team they never paid any mind to :fury:

What to do:

1. Go here: http://games.espn.go...?groupID=745595

2. To play, you need to sign in. You can register through either ESPN directly, or you can use Facebook if you have it and are willing to. Click on "Sign In" at the top right and follow the instructions.

3. Good, now you're registered. Next, click on "Get Started" and start filling out your bracket! Skip the steps about "joining groups" and "inviting other people" or other related bullshit. Go to the next step and start creating your bracket!

4. Now that you've created your bracket, the page should ask you to join the group since you're currently on the correct URL. Enter the password.

Password: 2112

Then you should be good to go! Keep an eye on the group scores and see how you're doing as the games are played!

How do you fill out your bracket?

That's up to you. You can research the matchups as much as you want, or not at all. As the games go on, depending on how well you picked the games, you get points!

The purpose of having a group for everyone to join is to compete against each other and whoever has the most points wins!

Maximum 2 brackets per person. Any more than that would be too many and too easy for people to escape.

If for some reason when you sign up and join the group under a different username, either PM me or post in the thread and I'll display your username alongside your TRF username.

In addition, there's also an app for this on Android and iOS. Install ESPN Tournament Challenge if you wanna check it on your phone.

Let me know if you run across any problems.

Let's do this!

BowlCity ----------- Bowlcity

goose -------------- goz407

tx_rush ------------ donderko

Lost In Xanadu -- homerjay_239

Edited by BowlCity

And remember the most important rule: Go Cyclones!

http://www.gannett-cdn.com/-mm-/17152fd0030e0e1af6d26b7c59f0548b25496f86/c=119-0-3874-2823&r=x404&c=534x401/local/-/media/2015/01/18/IAGroup/DesMoines/635571377706173494-des.s0118cyclones.cl2813.JPG

I'm going to submit 10 brackets just to have some fun with names but I think we should all designate one as our official bracket for contest purposes. Otherwise someone could just submit one and pick the chalk, and if that one won, it would kind of take the joy out of it.

Or we could have two contests, one with all brackets and another one with just the "official" ones.

I'm going to submit 10 brackets just to have some fun with names but I think we should all designate one as our official bracket for contest purposes. Otherwise someone could just submit one and pick the chalk, and if that one won, it would kind of take the joy out of it.

Or we could have two contests, one with all brackets and another one with just the "official" ones.

I think we should keep it to one contest. Less hassle and less stuff to keep track of. I have 2 brackets so far, might make some more later if I get bored and want to pick stupid ones to win it all like Iowa or something.

I agree about only having one official bracket per person. Make all the brackets you want, but no changing it up after you pick it and the games get going!

Edited by BowlCity
  • Like 1

Can you use 2 in the group? I know you can create a bunch, but can you add more than one to a group?

Yep.

I just changed the settings to have a max number of brackets a person set to 2, then I made another bracket.

Damn board won't let me update the OP anymore so any updates will just be deeper in the thread.

First scoreboard:

BowlCity -- Bowlcity

goose ----- goz407

tx_rush --- donderko

LiX -------- homerjay_239

BowlCity ------ Hilton Magic! ----------------------- 0 pts

BowlCity ------ 1 Quadrillion Kentuckians ------- 0 pts

goose --------- Goose 1 ----------------------------- 0 pts

tx_rush ------- tx_rush ------------------------------- 0 pts

LiX ------------ Run To You ------------------------- 0 pts

I'm in, I'm going to do my original thoughts and then later in the week my final picks just to test whether just "going with your first thoughts" makes sense or whether further analysis is helpful.

BowlCity -------------- Bowlcity

goose ----------------- goz407

tx_rush --------------- donderko

LiX -------------------- homerjay_239

LABT ----------------- hoosiersdolphinscubs2112

Principled Man ----- UNK2112

BowlCity ----------- Hilton Magic! ------------------- 0 pts

BowlCity ----------- 1 Quadrillion Kentuckians --- 0 pts

goose -------------- Goose 1 ------------------------ 0 pts

tx_rush ------------- tx_rush ------------------------- 0 pts

LiX ------------------ Run To You -------------------- 0 pts

LABT --------------- the is/ought fallacy ------------ 0 pts

Principled Man --- Prince Eeepulls ---------------- 0 pts

Feel free to make a second bracket, and PM anyone else who you think might be interested.

I'll do mine soon but still protesting against the NCAA- No Colorado State University to pick! Such a snub!! It'll be fun to see what happens with the teams that are actually in. . . .

I'll do mine soon but still protesting against the NCAA- No Colorado State University to pick! Such a snub!! It'll be fun to see what happens with the teams that are actually in. . . .

You'll have to go with VCU, they're the Rams too...

Jump in the pool, the water's warm...

• Like 1

Careful, it's only warm around labt... :(
  • Like 1

Careful, it's only warm around labt... :(

:gg:

I think we should keep it to one contest. Less hassle and less stuff to keep track of. I have 2 brackets so far, might make some more later if I get bored and want to pick stupid ones to win it all like Iowa or something.

I agree about only having one official bracket per person. Make all the brackets you want, but no changing it up after you pick it and the games get going!

Good plan.

We have till Thursday? (apologies to Aimee Mann)