The Official Toto Appreciation Thread

Segue Myles

Listening to Fahrenheit again.

It is my favourite pop album of the eighties alongside Mirage and A-ha's eighties works.

It's probably my favourite but Mirage means a lot to me.

You're nothing but a trendy TOTO fan! You don't like them for their heavy guitar moments! :nya nya:

On Fahrenheit, I love how We Can Make It Tonight opens. It's such a magical, underrated song!

Also really random but the cover to Fahrenheit is breathtaking to my eyes. I don't know why, I just love the painting and the style...it suits the album perfectly. Fahrenheit to me sounds like the peak heat of summer slowly fading into early autumn. It's just heavenly (that's also my favourite time of year).

It's lush, romantic sounding. I just can't think of a single album that has the feel and magic that Fahrenheit has. IV comes close.

Honestly, Fahrenheit is so great it makes an album as special as The Seventh One look disappointing.

• Like 1

It's lush, romantic sounding. I just can't think of a single album that has the feel and magic that Fahrenheit has. IV comes close.

Honestly, Fahrenheit is so great it makes an album as special as The Seventh One look disappointing.

The Seventh one is great but it has a couple that underwhelm.

it's an 8/10

Mick

it's an 8/10

Mick

For me it sounds like a greatest hits. No flow even if the songs are great.

The best Toto albums feel like complete packages. Fahrenheit is like a cool eighties movie.

• Like 2

it's an 8/10

Mick

The best Toto albums feel like complete packages. Fahrenheit is like a cool eighties movie.

What kind of movie is Darkness On The Edge Of Town?

it's an 8/10

Mick

What kind of movie is Darkness On The Edge Of Town?

The movie Badlands.

• Like 1

Entre.......from Silk Degress with Toto playing.

Mick

Can't say I care much for Boz himself, but the band are smoking by the end of that track. Jeff won't let it end, lol. A little disco for my taste overall, but I like Toto's input.

• Like 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-hKBmTAADo

Mick

Can't say I care much for Boz himself, but the band are smoking by the end of that track. Jeff won't let it end, lol. A little disco for my taste overall, but I like Toto's input.

it is a very of it's time album......but then again so was toto's debut, lol

Give the record i spin though. Boz's voice is a grower.

Mick

• Like 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-hKBmTAADo

Mick

it is a very of it's time album......but then again so was toto's debut, lol

Give the record i spin though. Boz's voice is a grower.

Mick

I did get a bit of a Van Morrison vibe from him there... And I do love Van the Man. I'll check it out next week.

• Like 1

As much as I love Toto I do find some albums really frustrating. Hydra and Falling In Between each sound so great one moment then make me cringe the next. But I guess that's the same for most bands.
  • Like 1

As much as I love Toto I do find some albums really frustrating. Hydra and Falling In Between each sound so great one moment then make me cringe the next. But I guess that's the same for most bands.

No that's normal i think. There are a few tracks on the debut that are so 70's bad cheese i hide my face, lol

Mick

• Like 2

No that's normal i think. There are a few tracks on the debut that are so 70's bad cheese i hide my face, lol

Mick

I agree but from start to finish it's a bloody fun album!

Gosh I need some cheese I'm really low today.

• Like 1

Mick

I agree but from start to finish it's a bloody fun album!

Gosh I need some cheese I'm really low today.

I love the debut. it's such a mission statement. we will be playing cheesy fun shit. and we ain't sorry.

Mick

Playing the debut, it gets to Hold The Line.

No doubt about it, arguably their best hit single was also their first. Faultless songwriting on this one!

• Like 2

Playing the debut, it gets to Hold The Line.

No doubt about it, arguably their best hit single was also their first. Faultless songwriting on this one!

and Say what you want to about. Kimball.....flawless vocal.

Mick

• Like 1

So I bought The Seventh One last week and finally got the chance to sit down and play it tonight.

I liked Toto, I enjoyed a good deal of Hydra, I loved Toto IV...The Seventh One blows them all away. THIS is what I've been wanting Toto to sound like as long as I've been listening! It's perfect.

And that cover art, :heart: