MARCH MADNESS 2015!!!!

goose

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/6/66/EasternWashingtonEagles.png

All right, people! This is the one sporting event taht always lives up to the hype. Tourney is already living up to its reputation for upsets...and it hasn't even started. My beloved Eastern Eagles - picked to finish eighth in their conference this year - are in for the second time in school history. :cheerleader: And what about Hampton? 14-15 on the year and the run their conference tourney to get the automatic bid!

What are your picks?

• Like 1

Sad to say that Kentucky will run the table unless something unusual happens.

But can they get past this formidable foe...

http://vcsa.uci.edu/files/zot_peter_hires.jpg

All right, people! This is the one sporting event taht always lives up to the hype. Tourney is already living up to its reputation for upsets...and it hasn't even started. My beloved Eastern Eagles - picked to finish eighth in their conference this year - are in for the second time in school history. :cheerleader: And what about Hampton? 14-15 on the year and the run their conference tourney to get the automatic bid!

What are your picks?

Wasn't Hampton at 17 losses before the tournament? They ended up 16-17 according to what I saw.

http://image.cdnllnwnl.xosnetwork.com/pics33/640/WC/WCNOVDSNSZOTQKR.20131025151515.jpg

2nd Big 12 Tournament win in a row, with a probably #3-4 seed again like last year, let's make it as far as possible! Go Cyclones! No Shabazz Napier to stop us this time!

• Like 2

http://image.cdnllnwnl.xosnetwork.com/pics33/640/WC/WCNOVDSNSZOTQKR.20131025151515.jpg

2nd Big 12 Tournament win in a row, with a probably #3-4 seed again like last year, let's make it as far as possible! Go Cyclones! No Shabazz Napier to stop us this time!

I don't think you'll be any lower than a three with yesterday's win.

I can predict with much certainty that Mr. LaughedAtByTime will constantly change his avatar to whoever is playing the University of Kentucky Wildcats......;) ;)

But seriously, folks, Kentucky can be beaten. The other team will have to have a really good shooting night from outside. They'll have to keep drawing UK's big men out and away from the basket and make a quick pass inside. A tall task, indeed......

UK is not the best shooting team. They miss a lot of short to middle range shots, but they compensate with their rebounding.

Their greatest asset is their focus and confidence. They don't panic when they get behind. They just get back to basics and play to their strengths, of which they have MANY......

• Like 1

What are your picks?

Wasn't Hampton at 17 losses before the tournament? They ended up 16-17 according to what I saw.

Yeah...sure. One loss below .500, anyway. It must sting programs like UCLA and Indiana to know that they'll be out and a school like Hampton will be in.

But seriously, folks, Kentucky can be beaten. The other team will have to have a really good shooting night from outside. They'll have to keep drawing UK's big men out and away from the basket and make a quick pass inside. A tall task, indeed......

UK is not the best shooting team. They miss a lot of short to middle range shots, but they compensate with their rebounding.

Their greatest asset is their focus and confidence. They don't panic when they get behind. They just get back to basics and play to their strengths, of which they have MANY......

Notre Dame could be the outside shooting team you describe.

What are your picks?

Yeah...sure. One loss below .500, anyway. It must sting programs like UCLA and Indiana to know that they'll be out and a school like Hampton will be in.

Well, this has always been the case since they expanded to 64 then 68.

And I suspect Indiana will get in (but not out of the first weekend). Lunardi had Temple as last four out before they lost by 13 to SMU and now they're last four in. So much for consistency. Not sure about UCLA.

For LABT..........will Indiana make the tourney? On the bubble....

I'd put the odds at about 60%. If they don't make it they really don't have any complaints. If the committee looks at good wins and few bad losses, they're in. If they go strictly by RPI, they won't.

If UConn (a 6 seed in their conference tournament) wins at home in the AAC final, the odds fall to 40%.

• Like 1

Jacks with a first round upset last year against VCU.....I smell another first round upset

Well, they're #35 in the kenpom ratings, so if they get a 12 or 13, the 4 or 5 will definitely have a much tougher game than they probably expect.

Jacks with a first round upset last year against VCU.....I smell another first round upset

Well, they're #35 in the kenpom ratings, so if they get a 12 or 13, the 4 or 5 will definitely have a much tougher game than they probably expect.

Might be crazy, but they could get an 11 this year, especially after upsetting a 5 seed last year.

4 losses this year, one to A&M CC (oops), then Xavier, Baylor, and took Northern Iowa to OT.

A gutsy Arkansas team tried playing rough and tough, but they just couldn't break thru the Big Blue Wall. :ebert:

What are your picks?

EWU knocked off Indiana this year.....however got thumped by Sam Houston...... Southland > Big Sky

An incredible Big Ten Final...Wisconsin possibly playing for a #1 seed...game goes into OT tied at 69...

No points at all from Michigan State thus far in OT :LOL:

Yep, kind of a disappointing extra session...