"Least Glorious" to ???? - Final Round !

toscanobarga

What is your LEAST favorite album ?  

74 members have voted

1. 1. Vote for your least favorite

What does this say about Hemispheres? In the finals against another great album? The exact opposite of PeW - No hit songs. Zero radio play for decades. Largely ignored by the band in concert, with the exception of La Villa. It is a snapshot in time of Rush at their most creative, working their hardest to "reach beyond our ability" and play their guitar, bass and drums in an unrelenting and powerful manner. Insanely influential in the rock community, according to Beyond the Lighted Stage. Hemispheres, a true exercise in self indulgence by three awesome musicians.

"If you haven't given it up for Hemispheres by now it's time to stop being a ---- and give it up for Hemispheres."

That other album...ain't so bad either!

• Like 1

I honestly don't know which way to go as they are both my favorite Rush albums.

Maybe I will go listen to the two albums first before voting.

That's what I did as Hemi has always been my favorite but lately I'd been thinking it might be PeW. The listen to Hemi confirmed what I suspected, that I could never vote against it, no matter how perfect is PeW. Hemi is just special. Even side 1 which I've never liked nearly as much as side 2 has a magical quality; those opening chords send shivers, you know you're in for a ride. It's like when the 20th Century Fox theme announces the original Star Wars and the theater audience cheers (I don't think they should use that theme for anything else). Heck, the mere use of the opening chord of Hemi lifted Far Cry above anything they've done since MP ;). That's one potent chord, and that's just the beginning. All hail Hemispheres!

Edited by Rutlefan

Permanent Waves

The Spirit of Radio - 10

Freewill - 9.5

Jacob's Ladder - 7

Entre Nous - 9

Different Strings - 7

Natural Science - 9

Score - 8.58

Hemispheres

Hemispheres - 9

Circumstances - 8

The Tress - 9

La Villa Strangiato - 10

Score - 9

PeW loses by a couple of strings.

/\ Funny that you rate Jacob's Ladder and Different Strings as 7s, well behind the rest of the album; they're my favorites off the album. Have always loved that Alex solo in Different Strings.

/\ Funny that you rate Jacob's Ladder and Different Strings as 7s, well behind the rest of the album; they're my favorites off the album. Have always loved that Alex solo in Different Strings.

Jacob's Ladder is a bit too slow and plodding for my tastes, though I still enjoy it. Different Strings is nice, but it doesn't really relate to me like the other songs.

• Like 1

Hemispheres does not deserve to win. :(

In the Words of Yoda:

"Hemis-Fear leads to Hemi-Anger; Hemi-Anger leads to Hemi-Hate; Hemi-Hate leads to Hemi-Suffering."

• Like 4

Hemispheres does not deserve to win. :(

In the Words of Yoda:

"Hemis-Fear leads to Hemi-Anger; Hemi-Anger leads to Hemi-Hate; Hemi-Hate leads to Hemi-Suffering."

That was AWESOME!

• Like 1

HEMISPHERES

Cygnus X-1, Book II: Hemispheres: 2.0

Circumstances: 9.0

The Trees: 10.0

La Villa Strangiato: 10.0

• Overall: 7.8 •

PERMANENT WAVES

The Spirir of Radio: 10.0

Freewill: 10.0

Jacon's Ladder: 9.8

Entre Nous: 9.7

Different Strings: 9.5

Natural Science: 9.6

• Overall: 9.8 •

Permanent Waves is the better album. I think you all are all just in love with CX1B2 too much. :sigh:

Disk, why do you hate Hemispheres (the song) so much?

It's unappealing to me. The instrumentation is good, but I don't like the lyrics or the vocal performance. Plus, it's about fifteen minutes too long. Now, funny thing is, I think Book I is a masterpiece. Don't ask me why. :huh:

It's unappealing to me. The instrumentation is good, but I don't like the lyrics or the vocal performance. Plus, it's about fifteen minutes too long. Now, funny thing is, I think Book I is a masterpiece. Don't ask me why. :huh:

It's just your opinion and I respect that, even though YOUR OPINION SUCKS :P

• Like 4

It's just your opinion and I respect that, even though YOUR OPINION SUCKS :P

So I've been told. :LOL:

• Like 1

Finally we're kicking PeW out of this race! I've been trying to do this for a long time! I was the only one voting for it at first..... :outtahere:

they wannt Hemispheres dead......hence the long run of this round. lol

Only way sadly i see hemispheres winning is if voting slows or numerous voites come for waves later on.

i see an upset.

Mick

Edited by bluefox4000

Only way sadly i see hemispheres winning is if voting slows or numerous voites come for waves later on.

i see an upset.

Mick

Hemispheres defeats all.

• Like 1

i see an upset.

Mick

Hemispheres defeats all.

Well, officially it should've been over yesterday. So technically, Hemispheres has already won. :)

• Like 2