New Muse song - Psycho, new album Drones coming out in June

:blink: .....

It's definitely good to have you back :LOL:

I have been waiting for this opportunity again for far too long... :)

I hate it.

But that doesn't mean my expectations for the album are low. And I loved the 2nd law.

• Like 1

Yes, I posted about this in the 2015 albums yesterday. I am a Muse fan... I have all their CDs and I saw them in Toronto once. I get them. This free preview is not one of their best, but I'll still buy their CD. It took me a while to like Second Law, but I love it now. Matt Bellamy is awesome in my books.

• Like 2

Yes, I posted about this in the 2015 albums yesterday. I am a Muse fan... I have all their CDs and I saw them in Toronto once. I get them. This free preview is not one of their best, but I'll still buy their CD. It took me a while to like Second Law, but I love it now. Matt Bellamy is awesome in my books.

I noticed you had posted that. I think its cool that you enjoy some music that wasn't made before 1985. I am just a very stubborn older dude and just too lazy to be honest to put forth the time and effort to do so. BowlCity expects me to post what I did when he starts a thread about something I have never heard of. I was just trying to make him happy... :LOL:
  • Like 1

I hate it.

But that doesn't mean my expectations for the album are low. And I loved the 2nd law.

I'll admit this one's almost too similar to Uprising for my tastes, but I'm enjoying the return to their style I like rather than going further into techno like they did on 2nd Law. That was just a bit too weird for me. I love Panic Station, though.

• Like 1

Muse lost me at the Resistance. 2nd Law was puke too. I enjoyed the band a like before those records. i really did.

Mick

I don't think they made an album better than Black Holes. I hope they prove me wrong with this one, I really do.

• Like 1

Muse lost me at the Resistance. 2nd Law was puke too. I enjoyed the band a lot before those records. i really did.

Mick

Black Holes turned me onto the band.

2nd Law cemented my position as a Muse fan.

But this song is so rubbish it actually makes me sick.

• Like 1

"Old stuff good, new stuff bad."

The hyperbole is strong in these threads anymore. It's not something to get sick over. It's a cool riff, kinda repetitive, and I hope it isn't indicative of the whole album. But overall, not a bad song.

And The 2nd Law wasn't great, but it had some pretty awesome songs. Animals is a gem.

The hyperbole is strong in these threads anymore. It's not something to get sick over. It's a cool riff, kinda repetitive, and I hope it isn't indicative of the whole album. But overall, not a bad song.

And The 2nd Law wasn't great, but it had some pretty awesome songs. Animals is a gem.

It's not our fault these guys are currently Devoid of good ideas, lol

Mick

Edited by bluefox4000

Interesting. I really love classic Muse. Hope this is as good as everything else they've done. Don't like the video itself, but the music's not too shabby!

I quite enjoyed that song's construction, with the sampling of the drill sergeant and all. The riff is rather repetitive though.

It's not our fault these guys are currently Devoid of good ideas, lol

Mick

Not only that, but is it to be expected for every fan to evolve with the band? I think not...I grew with Lacuna Coil, who has never disappointed me, but Within Temptation, Funeral For A Friend and now possibly Muse have grown to become bands that just do not do anything for me.

TM just has sour grapes because not everybody loves Clockwork Angels in the long run...which I admit must be frustrating if you feel it is a masterwork.

• Like 1

Muse lost me at the Resistance. 2nd Law was puke too. I enjoyed the band a like before those records. i really did.

Mick

I don't think they made an album better than Black Holes. I hope they prove me wrong with this one, I really do.

Looking dim so far.

Muse lost me at the Resistance. 2nd Law was puke too. I enjoyed the band a lot before those records. i really did.

Mick

I've recently gotten into them and Origin of Symmetry - Black Holes are the good albums.

I quite enjoyed that song's construction, with the sampling of the drill sergeant and all. The riff is rather repetitive though.

Repetitious riffs... Yep, that's Muse ;)

What's up with the drill sargent throughout the song?

It's there to ruin the song's pacing.

Edited by Mr. Not

Mick

Black Holes and Absolution were just fantastic. That is the Muse I love so much (with the exception of Supermassive Black Hole). The Resistance had a couple songs that were okay, and I only heard one song from 2nd Law and hated it. So far, the music on this new song is okay, but that drill sergeant ruins things.

A commenter pointed out that they really need to get off the anti-government subject matter because it'd be nice for them to explore new themes. I agree.

The riff in the song is good, the drill sergeant clearly sucks ass (the asses that are "his"), the lyrics are terrible (dude, cussing, lol!), the Marilyn Manson-ness of it all makes me want to kill myself...

This song's no real foretelling of whether this album will be good or not, but I don't have my hopes up.

Is he ever wrong?

http://youtu.be/SUarppg_rwY

Yes, rather often. His notes for this track are rather good, but he seems to have a habit of dismissing several rising indie bands after they release an album following their breakout success. The biggest one I can note is his review of Panda Bear Vs The Grim Reaper, which he bashed...and was seemingly the only reviewer to do so, because the album received universal acclaim (83 on Metacritic I believe)

Whats wrong with the drill sergeant everyone? Besides the blatant politics they are bringing into the song, I find it to be a great interlude in between each of the song's sections. Also heads up to whoever asked, yes the drill sergeant is in the actual track on the album (I assume) because the track that precedes it is called Drill Sergeant