Clockwork Angels concert footage - Help !!!

Relayer2112

You are not f***ing fans anymore. I hope Rush cancels the tour and retires now because if you honestly think this way, NONE of you deserve to go see them.

We're just seeing and hearing things the way they are rather than being blind to the truth. As unpleasant as it might be (still better than the alternative), getting older is a part of life. Most singers lose voice quality as they get older.

Then why not ignore it? Why try and make your own life miserable? That's f***ing bullshit.

Who's making their own life miserable?

Are you? I'm not... :LOL:

No, I'm not. I'm not sure what he's talking about. I was talking about accepting things as they are.

My point is, why not focus on the good of modern Rush? Why do we have to f***ing complain about things that are really petty all the time? Edited by fraroc

My point is, why not focus on the good of modern Rush? Why do we have to f***ing complain about things that are really petty all the time?

Good advice. Might want to consider taking it.

• Like 3

You can be critical of the band and still enjoy it. I like the 2010's Rush and I've enjoyed Geddy's older voice, but it is true that at the end of the tours, his voice isn't as strong as when he started it. But it hasn't ruined anyone's concert experience and everyone is still giddy and excited and will likely enjoy the show. But the last two live albums are of a lower quality than we've seen from recent years. In Time Machine and CA Tour, Geddy's voice was off (due to illness and general wear and tear) and the mix sounded pretty bad. But I went to see them twice on the tour, both early and late and loved it. I can say there are elements I don't enjoy, but it was still worth every penny. I've never once seen someone say "Man, I wish I didn't see Rush last night"
  • Like 2

You are not f***ing fans anymore. I hope Rush cancels the tour and retires now because if you honestly think this way, NONE of you deserve to go see them.

.......................................................................... :laughing guy:

You uber-fans, lol

Mick

You can be critical of the band and still enjoy it. I like the 2010's Rush and I've enjoyed Geddy's older voice, but it is true that at the end of the tours, his voice isn't as strong as when he started it. But it hasn't ruined anyone's concert experience and everyone is still giddy and excited and will likely enjoy the show. But the last two live albums are of a lower quality than we've seen from recent years. In Time Machine and CA Tour, Geddy's voice was off (due to illness and general wear and tear) and the mix sounded pretty bad. But I went to see them twice on the tour, both early and late and loved it. I can say there are elements I don't enjoy, but it was still worth every penny. I've never once seen someone say "Man, I wish I didn't see Rush last night"

Well that's what I'm getting at. I have no problem with people who are critical of their favorite band. I'm simply pointing out the hypocrisy of people who are like "I don't want to see Rush live ever again because Geddy's voice sucks now and Neil's not the drummer he used to be, but I'm STILL a huge fan!" At that point, all I gotta ask is how? How are you a fan?This really isn't common with Rush fans, rather it's INCREDIBLY common with KISS fans and Van Halen fans. Yes, Paul Stanley's voice is not what it used to be and David Lee Roth does way too many improvisations, but that doesn't mean I need to broadcast it to the world "KISS SUCKS! VAN HALEN SUCKS! THEY'RE SHIT BANDS NOW!" Like so many people do. I take everything in stride and even if Paul or Dave sound f***ing terrible, I still enjoy everything that Van Halen or KISS has to offer.

Edited by fraroc

Well that's what I'm getting at. I have no problem with people who are critical of their favorite band. I'm simply pointing out the hypocrisy of people who are like "I don't want to see Rush live ever again because Geddy's voice sucks now and Neil's not the drummer he used to be, but I'm STILL a huge fan!" At that point, all I gotta ask is how? How are you a fan?This really isn't common with Rush fans, rather it's INCREDIBLY common with KISS fans and Van Halen fans. Yes, Paul Stanley's voice is not what it used to be and David Lee Roth does way too many improvisations, but that doesn't mean I need to broadcast it to the world "KISS SUCKS! VAN HALEN SUCKS! THEY'RE SHIT BANDS NOW!" Like so many people do. I take everything in stride and even if Paul or Dave sound f***ing terrible, I still enjoy everything that Van Halen or KISS has to offer.

Why does it bother you so much that other people are expressing their opinions? It's sad that Geddy is losing his ability to sing. Aren't we entitled to say so? It's a free country. At least it is where I am. I don't think anyone is saying they won't go see them on tour, but that they're sad that he doesn't have it anymore. Some people are just more eloquent about it than others.

• Like 2

Why does it bother you so much that other people are expressing their opinions? It's sad that Geddy is losing his ability to sing. Aren't we entitled to say so? It's a free country. At least it is where I am. I don't think anyone is saying they won't go see them on tour, but that they're sad that he doesn't have it anymore. Some people are just more eloquent about it than others.

It's that kind of fan that turn people off Rush and it's sad.

Mick

It's that over the top kind of fan that turn people off Rush and it's sad.

Mick

Ignore this, lol

Edited by bluefox4000

It's that over the top kind of fan that turn people off Rush and it's sad.

Mick

Ignore this, lol

I was about to say Huh? :)

• Like 1

Are you going to enjoy them when you see them live? Will geddys voice be that much of an obstacle when you see them this tour that you're not going to enjoy them and cause you to regret going? Because it won't for me, I'll still enjoy my first rush show.

You're asking for blind adoration despite not liking them as they are right now. Though I like them now and would pay money, others feel different and wouldn't pay to see them. They have every right to dislike their new albums/sound and not see them. It makes them no-less a fan. I'd rather see people be very critical rather than blindly follow them no matter what
  • Like 3

You're asking for blind adoration despite not liking them as they are right now. Though I like them now and would pay money, others feel different and wouldn't pay to see them. They have every right to dislike their new albums/sound and not see them. It makes them no-less a fan. I'd rather see people be very critical rather than blindly follow them no matter what

I wouldn't call it blindly following rather I make peace with band's shortcomings.

Are you going to enjoy them when you see them live? Will geddys voice be that much of an obstacle when you see them this tour that you're not going to enjoy them and cause you to regret going? Because it won't for me, I'll still enjoy my first rush show.

Sure I'll enjoy them. I always do. I wouldn't have bought tickets to two shows if I didn't want to see them. The excitement of the concert always overrides any decrepitude of vocals. It's not until later when you see a video or hear a recording that you really notice it.

• Like 2

I wouldn't call it blindly following rather I make peace with band's shortcomings.

Then that's good for you and me because we can but everyone certainly has the right to dislike them, even enough to not want to see them live. I'd disagree with them, but I wouldn't question their loyalty or try to persuade them otherwise. I understand their disliking and don't care what others think about Rush.

You do understand that this is a forum? People are here to talk about the band, warts and all. They're not perfect and neither are we. They're human and therefore have human shortcomings. They're also in the public eye, which makes things they do and say fair game for discussion. I think there is a lot of teasing here about his vocals and pretty much everything else. It doesn't necessarily mean that people hate them or wouldn't go see them if they have the chance.

• Like 2

Plus it makes for discussion. What fun would it here if it was all gee Ain't rush swell. they are perfect.

Answer.........no fun, lol

Mick

• Like 1

My point is, why not focus on the good of modern Rush? Why do we have to f***ing complain about things that are really petty all the time?

Good advice. Might want to consider taking it.

http://troll.me/images/success-nixon/nailed-it-booyah.jpg
  • Like 4