Clockwork Angels concert footage - Help !!!

Relayer2112

I just don't understand why when I watched the entire Clockwork Angels concert on youtube a couple months back that I didn't have a problem with any of it, but when sitting down last night and trying to listen "through the ears of a child", I was completely turned off.

Maybe the untainted ears of a child was a good reality check. Kids are amazing that way, lol

Mick

The other point I would like to make about all this... Seven Cities Of Gold not their best anyway and if I recall the vocals sounded particularly bad on that one. What am I saying? It all sounded bad. Never mind.... :eh:

:hug2:

• Like 1

I just don't understand why when I watched the entire Clockwork Angels concert on youtube a couple months back that I didn't have a problem with any of it, but when sitting down last night and trying to listen "through the ears of a child", I was completely turned off.

Maybe the untainted ears of a child was a good reality check. Kids are amazing that way, lol

Mick

The other point I would like to make about all this... Seven Cities Of Gold not their best anyway and if I recall the vocals sounded particularly bad on that one. What am I saying? It all sounded bad. Never mind.... :eh:

:hug2: Thanks I needed that. I didn't squeeze your tender back to hard did I?... :LOL:

Mick

:hug2: Thanks I needed that. I didn't squeeze your tender back to hard did I?... :LOL:

Nah, it's all good. :)

It's funny i remember at the TM Show i saw. as they were playing the intro vid this was me.

"Gee i hope they sound good.......ged's voice has been less then......"

Spirit of Radio begins

"OH MY GOD RUSSSSSSH!!!!!!!!!!!!"

lol

Mick

• Like 6

It's funny i remember at the TM Show i saw. as they were playing the intro vid this was me.

"Gee i hope they sound good.......ged's voice has been less then......"

Spirit of Radio begins

"OH MY GOD RUSSSSSSH!!!!!!!!!!!!"

lol

Mick

Exactamundo....
  • Like 1

As I was watching, I kept thinking that the next song would be better and then the next and so on. I guess it's just something that is not a big deal at the concert itself with the adrenaline pumping and all, but when preserved for the whole world to hear, comes off as not so hot, At least that's what I'll be telling myself in preparation for my R40 concert.

That's how I felt when I saw the CA tour. I didn't notice problems with his voice during the shows, but on the bits of the CA DVD I have seen, sheesh!

The CA shows I saw were earlier than the ones recorded (which were at the end of the tour). I wonder if his voice actually was worse by then, after doing all those shows?

• Like 1

As I was watching, I kept thinking that the next song would be better and then the next and so on. I guess it's just something that is not a big deal at the concert itself with the adrenaline pumping and all, but when preserved for the whole world to hear, comes off as not so hot, At least that's what I'll be telling myself in preparation for my R40 concert.

That's how I felt when I saw the CA tour. I didn't notice problems with his voice during the shows, but on the bits of the CA DVD I have seen, sheesh!

The CA shows I saw were earlier than the ones recorded (which were at the end of the tour). I wonder if his voice actually was worse by then, after doing all those shows?

His voice is typically much better earlier.......i don't know why they don't record earlier shows. they always wait till he's just shot.

Mick

Narpsburg, I do not believe in any way, shape, or form that Geddy's voice is as it was on his best days. It's just not as bad as is being said. Also listening to a VH1 broadcast of their show is not the same as listening to the Blu-Ray version on a good home stereo system. And again, next time anyone puts in a recent concert DVD,do his vocals with his passion for the whole concert, first word to last word, and you might realize he's not as shot as you believe. Not saying this to change your opinion, but to give you a better perspective on what he does for 2.5 plus hours every other night, at the level he reaches for not only for himself, but for the fans at the shows.

Its all good. I truly believe obviously he is trying his best but it just doesn't sound good. I being older too obviously know that what he is doing and the grueling nature of a tour must be difficult. Again, having said that, it just doesn't sound good to me. Just trying to keep it real. At least what is real to me...

I will say that the CA DVD has atrocious audio mixing in the first place...plus the fact that it was one of the last shows of the first leg. I think of it like this, if you're 60+ years old and still kickin' it live, you have to expect some age in the voice...compared to other classic rock vocalists, Ged has aged relatively well. I know he was struggling on some songs when I saw them on the last leg of CA, but it was early in the tour, so naturally his voice hasn't been destroyed completely.

I remember seeing Motley Crue not too long ago...talk about a shot voice...and a good bit younger than Ged as well. And I think most will agree that recent live Bob Dylan is just hard to listen to

• Like 1

I get it. Just seems wrong that the bashing, is at the best half right, while the other half of his live vocals are ignored, which at times are excellent, and spot on.
  • Like 1

And I think most will agree that any Bob Dylan is just hard to listen to

:) ....

Well played, sir.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11121/111210776/4407893-6028727855-star-.jpg

• Like 1

And I think most will agree that any Bob Dylan is just hard to listen to

:) ....

Well played, sir.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11121/111210776/4407893-6028727855-star-.jpg

Thanks. Just not a fan in the least... :codger:

Watching the CA Tour video for the first time. The band sounds great musically on the opener - Subdivisions. Geddy's vocals hang in there on this one. Now...The Big Money.

Oh...dear... I see what y'all are saying. A real strain to hit anything approaching the upper register. Still...not as bad as it could be. He's held up much better than D.L.Roth, for example.

Man is Alex's guitar perfect so far!

Yeah i can see what you guys are saying, some of the newer stuff is...rough. I can only make out parts of words.

He is reaching. It kinda sucks. You never want to think they should stop doing this, but its clear that the endtimes are nigh.

wow, listening now to Middletown Dreams on CA Tour.

Owww.

sucks

• Like 2

You are not f***ing fans anymore. I hope Rush cancels the tour and retires now because if you honestly think this way, NONE of you deserve to go see them. Edited by fraroc

You are not f***ing fans anymore. I hope Rush cancels the tour and retires now because if you honestly think this way, NONE of you deserve to go see them.

http://i.imgur.com/cnFEaBL.gif

Edited by Union 5-3992
  • Like 1

You are not f***ing fans anymore. I hope Rush cancels the tour and retires now because if you honestly think this way, NONE of you deserve to go see them.

We're just seeing and hearing things the way they are rather than being blind to the truth. As unpleasant as it might be (still better than the alternative), getting older is a part of life. Most singers lose voice quality as they get older.

• Like 1

We're just seeing and hearing things the way they are rather than being blind to the truth. As unpleasant as it might be (still better than the alternative), getting older is a part of life. Most singers lose voice quality as they get older.

Then why not ignore it? Why try and make your own life miserable? That's f***ing bullshit.

Edited by fraroc

Then why not ignore it? Why try and make your own life miserable? That's f***ing bullshit.

Who's making their own life miserable?

• Like 1

Who pissed in your Cheerios?

• Like 2

Who's making their own life miserable?

Are you? I'm not... :LOL: