What is your LEAST favorite album ?   

61 members have voted

1. 1. Vote for your least favorite

• A Farewell to kings
    • Hemispheres
    • Permanent Waves
    • Moving Pictures

Voted Hems.

It will come second to Permanent Waves methinks.

And if it wins O well.

in a poll a while back it beat Waves, lol

Just sayin'

lol

Mick

Mick...LET IT GO!!

It shall win...but I don't care.

oh bitter, lol

Have a hug :hug2:

Mick

To me, those high notes at the start of Madrigal are a strength of the song. Love Lifeson's guitar playing in that song--those great chords and the sound of his guitar (and especially when the 12-string acoustic comes in--such a great sound), combined with that great chorusy bass and vocal melody. Not to mention the understated electric swells in the background (someone correct me if I'm wrong about that). Very pretty song.

Beauty is certainly in the eye of the beholder.

That is one f***ing ugly chick in my eyes.

I respectfully disagree. :)

Are you disagreeing with the original opinion, or the crass response to it? Or are you simply demonstrating how to disagree politely?

Just curious.

my original response was me telling him that he's the one who's ugly, but then I realized he had a pic of himself as his avatar and might get upset or something so I just decided to cover my ass.

I like madrigal

Edited by bathory
  • Like 3

In anticipation of AFTK's exit I listened to disc 3 of Different Stages on my way to and from work today. In '76 one might have thought that 2112 could be a really lucky one off, never to be repeated (happens from time to time). AFTK showed that 2112 was no fluke and that Rush was here to stay; they were something NEW and amazing, and there was nothing else quite like them. Goodbye old friend. Edited by Rutlefan
  • Like 5

In anticipation of AFTK's exit I listened to disc 3 of Different Stages on my way to and from work today. In '76 one might have thought that 2112 could be a really lucky one off, never to be repeated (happens from time to time). AFTK showed that 2112 was no fluke and that Rush was here to stay; they were something NEW and amazing, and there was nothing else quite like them. Goodbye old friend.

I bow in your general direction. Well said... :codger:
  • Like 3

Voted Hems.

It will come second to Permanent Waves methinks.

And if it wins O well.

in a poll a while back it beat Waves, lol

Just sayin'

lol

Mick

Mick...LET IT GO!!

It shall win...but I don't care.

oh bitter, lol

Have a hug :hug2:

Mick

Yay! Lol...

• Like 1

To me, those high notes at the start of Madrigal are a strength of the song. Love Lifeson's guitar playing in that song--those great chords and the sound of his guitar (and especially when the 12-string acoustic comes in--such a great sound), combined with that great chorusy bass and vocal melody. Not to mention the understated electric swells in the background (someone correct me if I'm wrong about that). Very pretty song.

Beauty is certainly in the eye of the beholder.

That is one f***ing ugly chick in my eyes.

I respectfully disagree. :)

Are you disagreeing with the original opinion, or the crass response to it? Or are you simply demonstrating how to disagree politely?

Just curious.

Crass response. Oh brother.

Touchy are we not? Can't take a joke?

Ok then.

Surprised AFtK is still there. There's only 3 good songs on it anyways

Can't let that one go. Couldn't disagree more and its kind of disappointing to read to be honest...

Words can't describe this masterpiece. Love Madrigal, too. And Lifeson's solo on Cinderella Man. Shivers.

Precisely. Listening to Madrigal now, have always loved this tune. And Alex's guitar tone and performance on the AFTK album is superb.

• Like 3

I'll just take a minute to step up to bat for A Farewell To Kings, and say that not only is it my favorite, but a song like Madrigal is all of what RUSH is for me .... It may not be considered their best song ( as that honor goes to the song that follows ), but it is RUSH as unique and stylized as they ever got - nobody was like that, nobody sounded like that, and it is this period that means so much to me ..
  • Like 4

I'll just take a minute to step up to bat for A Farewell To Kings, and say that not only is it my favorite, but a song like Madrigal is all of what RUSH is for me .... It may not be considered their best song ( as that honor goes to the song that follows ), but it is RUSH as unique and stylized as they ever got - nobody was like that, nobody sounded like that, and it is this period that means so much to me ..

As much as I like Madrigal, really not that unique. Basically a Genesis-style ballad

As much as I like Madrigal, really not that unique. Basically a Genesis-style ballad

Genesis - or anyone else for that matter - never had a a singer like our boy, and never even came close to taking me where RUSH has

• Like 1

Genesis - or anyone else for that matter - never had a a singer like our boy, and never even came close to taking me where RUSH has

I completely agree with you about both of those things. I'm just saying that as far as the style of the song goes, it's really just a (very well done) typical 70s prog-band ballad.

I completely agree with you about both of those things. I'm just saying that as far as the style of the song goes, it's really just a (very well done) typical 70s prog-band ballad.

Which, to me, makes RUSH so special - even a song that could be considered the weak link on an album can still be so damn fantastic simply because of their style and unique abilities

It is a very simple bit of music ... but they didn't need an mass amount of complexity to be great, or, more importantly, to be RUSH

Which, to me, makes RUSH so special - even a song that could be considered the weak link on an album can still be so damn fantastic simply because of their style and unique abilities

It is a very simple bit of music ... but they didn't need an mass amount of complexity to be great, or, more importantly, to be RUSH

I never felt the same about AFTK/Hemispheres that many other fans do. I think Yes, Genesis and Tull do Yes, Genesis and Tull better. Rush is best at being RUSH.

Gimme Caress or PWaves.

• Like 1

I never felt the same about AFTK/Hemispheres that many other fans do. I think Yes, Genesis and Tull do Yes, Genesis and Tull better. Rush is best at being RUSH.

Gimme Caress or PWaves.

Liked for the CoS shout out.

• Like 1