The Tragically Hip

Tragically Hip Fact:

The guys use a recording studio outside of Kingston called 'The Bathhouse' in Bath, Ontario. not to long ago I watched a news report on them filmed at a place called the Floating Bridge. Don't remember the topic though

Tragically Hip Fact:

The guys have 11 albums out.

-In Between Elevolution

-In Violet Light

-Music@Work

-Phantom Power

-Live Between Us (Live Album)

-Trouble at the Henhouse

-Day For Night

-Fully Completely

-Road Apples

-Up to Here

-The Tragically Hip

Tragically Hip Fact:

In 2 months they have a box set coming out. Featuring 2 Live CD's and 2 DVDs.

Picking this up as soon as it comes out

Tragically Hip Fact:

They refuse to play Kingston because the one arena that supports musical events SUCKS!

Rush did play there during the Fly By Night tour, All The Worlds a Stage tour and opening night of the Hemispheres tour, (They played Jock Hardy Arena at Queens on the 2112 Tour)

QUOTE (sullysue @ Aug 9 2005, 02:15 PM)
Um. Rushengal... you like The Tragically Hip, or somethin'? laugh.gif

I haven't heard their music. I'd love to now, thanks to your enthusiastic embassadorship on their part! 653.gif

I love the Hip.

And Sullysue, the main reason you may not have heard their music is because they have yet to break in to the states, there really big here though.

Actually, if you want to listen to them, they'll probably be on any minute on www.krock1057.ca click on Listen Live.

QUOTE (rushengal @ Aug 9 2005, 01:20 PM)
Um. Rushengal... you like The Tragically Hip, or somethin'?  laugh.gif

I haven't heard their music. I'd love to now, thanks to your enthusiastic embassadorship on their part! 653.gif

I love the Hip.

And Sullysue, the main reason you may not have heard their music is because they have yet to break in to the states, there really big here though.

Actually, if you want to listen to them, they'll probably be on any minute on www.krock1057.ca click on Listen Live.

Not allowed to listen to streaming audio from my puter at work. It bogs the server. I'll check out iTunes.

QUOTE (sullysue @ Aug 9 2005, 02:30 PM)
QUOTE (rushengal @ Aug 9 2005, 01:20 PM)
Um. Rushengal... you like The Tragically Hip, or somethin'?  laugh.gif

I love the Hip.

Not allowed to listen to streaming audio from my puter at work. It bogs the server. I'll check out iTunes.

Sounds Good!

Happy listening.

Recommend: Ahead by a Century, New Orleans is Sinking, 38 Years Old, 50 Mission Cap, Blow at High Dough, Bobcaygeon, Wheat Kings, Poets, Silver Jet.

Tragically Hip Fact:

In 1998 they released a CD called Phantom Power, it contains a song called Vapour Trails (wonder where I've heard that before...)

Vapour vs. Vapor. Looks like the Hip used the Canadian spelling while Rush used the American

bumper.gif for Pictures!

http://www.z99.com/images/Junos/04-Tragically%20Hip%20(CDN%20Music%20Hall%20Of%20Fame%20Inductees).jpg

http://www.octopusmediaink.com/hip2.gif

Now this... The last time they played in Kingston (and I had to work that day too...)

http://thehip.com/art/ibe/kingstonposter.jpg

Yep, great band!! One of my best friends was their videographer for years, he now works for ESPN. I have stacks of video tapes from their shows. Love 'em.

QUOTE (rushengal @ Aug 9 2005, 02:39 PM)
Tragically Hip Fact:

In 1998 they released a CD called Phantom Power, it contains a song called Vapour Trails (wonder where I've heard that before...)
Vapour vs. Vapor. Looks like the Hip used the Canadian spelling while Rush used the American

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b208/shanny66/phantompower.jpg

Archived