Ray Danniels Weighs In on a "Final?" tour.

mandydog

One thing that might be telling: how will Geddy say goodnight to the audience this tour?

Well, he already does it kinda cryptically - "We hope to see you again sometime down the road". :)

• Like 2

One thing that might be telling: how will Geddy say goodnight to the audience this tour?

He'll say, "Goodnight everybody! Love you all! Thanks for all the money, don't drink and drive! One for all, all for one, and to all a good night, and many Seasons Merryments to come!"
  • Like 2

He'll say, "Goodnight everybody! Love you all! Thanks for all the money, don't drink and drive! One for all, all for one, and to all a good night, and many Seasons Merryments to come! Keep buying everything we offer we sale in triplicate, Zumbi. Tell all of your friends about us and keep our petty cash box full!"

Fixed it a bit.

• Like 1

I think they'll take a break after this summer regardless, but it is possible that once they're out this year, they'll have more fun than they're anticipating and think 'Hey, why should we quit now? We LOVE doing this!'.

It'll be interesting to hear how Ged addresses the audiences and see the looks on the guys' faces. That may tell a lot as to their feelings about the future.

And I don't think the Stones comparison works since the drumming requirements for Rush are just a tad more intense. :)

Yeah, the Stones are fun, but to comparing their bluesy stuff to Rush's athleticism is ridiculous. Mick is an amazing frontman (if not the best) but their music is far from ambitious.

I have some old friends that are Stones fans, and have been for a LONG time...even they say that the stuff the "boys" have been doing on their last few tours is getting a lot more sparse, and Mick isn't sounding like he used to sound.... In fact one of the last times they saw them, (had to be more than a five years, that's when I worked with them) they had low side seats, and didn't think that the actual guys in the band played much...they said the back up band carried most of the load, Mick was REALLY helped by the back ground vocalists, and he thought Charlie took a nap during one of the songs.

I was thinking about it, and while Ray is probably right, the only reason he's saying anything is to encourage people to go the show. I'm starting to think Ray Danniels is kind of a prick :LOL:
  • Like 2

I think they'll take a break after this summer regardless, but it is possible that once they're out this year, they'll have more fun than they're anticipating and think 'Hey, why should we quit now? We LOVE doing this!'.

It'll be interesting to hear how Ged addresses the audiences and see the looks on the guys' faces. That may tell a lot as to their feelings about the future.

And I don't think the Stones comparison works since the drumming requirements for Rush are just a tad more intense. :)

Yeah, the Stones are fun, but to comparing their bluesy stuff to Rush's athleticism is ridiculous. Mick is an amazing frontman (if not the best) but their music is far from ambitious.

I have some old friends that are Stones fans, and have been for a LONG time...even they say that the stuff the "boys" have been doing on their last few tours is getting a lot more sparse, and Mick isn't sounding like he used to sound.... In fact one of the last times they saw them, (had to be more than a five years, that's when I worked with them) they had low side seats, and didn't think that the actual guys in the band played much...they said the back up band carried most of the load, Mick was REALLY helped by the back ground vocalists, and he thought Charlie took a nap during one of the songs.

Def was not the case at Staples Center in 2013. Jagger and Richards were on fire (ha), and there weren't any piped in vox or instrumentation. It was shocking how good those 70 year olds played. Truly.

I've never heard so much talk about retirement as I have with this tour. I also thought maybe it was it the last couple of tours they did, but you didn't have everybody asking them if it was going to be their last time out on the road. This time practically everything you see is that way. And even when Geddy is asked about it he looks sad for a second before saying he doesn't like farewells.

Only because Rush got the ball rolling with their first direct comment on the matter "...of this magnitude." BTW Geddy clearly said not their last gig and shook his head no numerous times on that metal show when Eddie teased the last tour question before a commercial break. The 'official' answer after the break was "I don't see why not."

I've never heard so much talk about retirement as I have with this tour. I also thought maybe it was it the last couple of tours they did, but you didn't have everybody asking them if it was going to be their last time out on the road. This time practically everything you see is that way. And even when Geddy is asked about it he looks sad for a second before saying he doesn't like farewells.

Only because Rush got the ball rolling with their first direct comment on the matter "...of this magnitude." BTW Geddy clearly said not their last gig and shook his head no numerous times on that metal show when Eddie teased the last tour question before a commercial break. The 'official' answer after the break was "I don't see why not."

You're hearing what you want to hear. They're not going to come out and say "this is it." He said as much.

BTW Geddy clearly said not their last gig and shook his head no numerous times on that metal show when Eddie teased the last tour question before a commercial break.

I dunno, it looked to me like Geddy was mouthing "no, you won't" when Trunk was teasing that the question of whether they'd tour again would definitely be answered (after the break). As in 'I'm not exactly gonna say yes and I'm not exactly gonna say no', which is pretty much how he answered.

The overall impression I got after watching the interview a couple times is that Ged himself doesn't know for sure and that it'll all depend on whether they can convince Neil to go out again.

• Like 1

BTW Geddy clearly said not their last gig and shook his head no numerous times on that metal show when Eddie teased the last tour question before a commercial break.

I dunno, it looked to me like Geddy was mouthing "no, you won't" when Trunk was teasing that the question of whether they'd tour again would definitely be answered (after the break). As in 'I'm not exactly gonna say yes and I'm not exactly gonna say no', which is pretty much how he answered.

The overall impression I got after watching the interview a couple times is that Ged himself doesn't know for sure and that it'll all depend on whether they can convince Neil to go out again.

Yeah that's the impression I got as well.

Yeah that's the impression I got as well.

Spies! Working for the band to drum up sales! A noble venture.

I don't see why not...

• Like 1

Def was not the case at Staples Center in 2013. Jagger and Richards were on fire (ha), and there weren't any piped in vox or instrumentation. It was shocking how good those 70 year olds played. Truly.

Never saw them couldn't tell you...but this guy was disappointed...like I said...i hadn't worked at this place in, heck it's almost SIX years now....so this has to be prior to that. And he'd seen them many times before that and was amazed...I was never a fan so...hard for me to judge.

Not to pick on poor Charlie, but if he and Neil swiched gigs for a night, we could run a poll guessing how many minutes into the Rush set will Charlie hit the floor. ;)

My guess would be within the first 2 minutes. :LOL:

If they open with One Little Victory then make it 2 seconds!

• Like 1

Yes, but could Neil play Tumblin' Dice?

With his big toe. :LOL:

His version: Roll the Bones

• Like 2