"Least Glorious" to ???? - Round 14

toscanobarga

What is your LEAST favorite album  

72 members have voted

1. 1. Vote for your least favorite

If Signals goes (sorry Signals fans!) then this poll got the top five right despite all the PoW silliness earlier. If any of the others go, then it's a just silliness.

Last tours set list proves how silly your view on PoW really is. The band loves that album as do ton's of their die hard fans. It was majestic to hear Grand Designs, Manhattan Project, Middletown Dreams and Territories all on the same tour!

Bwahhh ha ha ha ha ha.

Edited by Todem
  • Like 2

If Signals goes (sorry Signals fans!) then this poll got the top five right despite all the PoW silliness earlier. If any of the others go, then it's a just silliness.

Last tours set list proves how silly your view on PoW really is. The band loves that album as do ton's of their die hard fans. It was majestic to hear Grand Designs, Manhattan Project, Middletown Dreams and Territories all on the same tour!

Bwahhh ha ha ha ha ha.

PoW is my third fav Rush album. it's amazing. i don't care what anyone says at all.

Mick

• Like 3

Bwahhh ha ha ha ha ha.

The last tour proves the opposite. The crowd response was horrible for the synth material on the CA tour. Usually, the guys will build the crowd enthusiasm with hits and fan favorites, and sprinkle in new and lesser known songs throughout. On S&A, the energy started to ebb by the 3rd S&A song in the second set, but on CA it seemed that the crowd loved CA being played almost in its entirety. Much of that was because the material is better, but I suspect much had to do with moving on from the morass of the first half of the first set. Two of my friends fell asleep at those concerts (different friends at different concerts) and I've only seen a deader Rush audience than the most lively CA audience once...and that was at the alcohol free, week night, S&A show at Jones Beach during the second leg tour of S&A.

• Like 1

Wow 2112 and Signals are tied at 20 while Hemispheres and AFTK are still stinking up the joint?

No kidding.

I don't agree about Hemispheres, really, but Kings is a definite outlier for me at this point. Looks like it will make it through.

Adios Signals.

• Like 1

Wow 2112 and Signals are tied at 20 while Hemispheres and AFTK are still stinking up the joint?

No kidding.

I don't agree about Hemispheres, really, but Kings is a definite outlier for me at this point. Looks like it will make it through.

Adios Signals.

From this point i'm sticking To AFTK

Mick

Bwahhh ha ha ha ha ha.

The last tour proves the opposite. The crowd response was horrible for the synth material on the CA tour. Usually, the guys will build the crowd enthusiasm with hits and fan favorites, and sprinkle in new and lesser known songs throughout. On S&A, the energy started to ebb by the 3rd S&A song in the second set, but on CA it seemed that the crowd loved CA being played almost in its entirety. Much of that was because the material is better, but I suspect much had to do with moving on from the morass of the first half of the first set. Two of my friends fell asleep at those concerts (different friends at different concerts) and I've only seen a deader Rush audience than the most lively CA audience once...and that was at the alcohol free, week night, S&A show at Jones Beach during the second leg tour of S&A.

I skipped the show because of the setlist. I like the studio PW, but live...more than a one-track homage is a snooze-fest.

Anyone want a near-mint copy of A Show of Hands?

No kidding.

Adios Signals.

My guess is that many who would otherwise vote for AFTK are jumping to 2112 in an attempt to save Signals. After Signals goes, AFTK votes will go through the roof...whether it's enough to save 2112, though, is anyone's guess.

Edited by LedRush
  • Like 1

:ph34r: ....

I haven't seen you in a few days........you sneak in and kill Signals??? that's it.......AFTK IS DEAD!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mick

WHYYYY

I used the Narp-Signal, and he arrived to save the day.

I haven't seen you in a few days........you sneak in and kill Signals??? that's it.......AFTK IS DEAD!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mick

WHYYYY

It was Narps evil Plan, BC. Disappear. lull us into laziness and pounce on Signals..........NOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mick

Edited by bluefox4000
  • Like 1

Just to be clear, the 24 hour voting period is over. 22-20.

Of course, this is Tosco's game, so let's see when the next round starts and whether any late game shenanigans save what should be the last album to be removed before the playoffs begin.

No kidding.

Adios Signals.

My guess is that many who would otherwise vote for AFTK are jumping to 2112 in an attempt to save Signals. After Signals goes, AFTK votes will go through the roof...whether it's enough to save 2112, though, is anyone's guess.

Quality-wise, in my book...

2112 = Xanadu + Cygnus (All musically epic and a bit silly theme-wise. In other words, classic RUSH!)

Passage = CTTH (Both concert staples for a reason)

SFN > Cinderella Man (CM has a great break, but is kind of clunky)

Tears > Madrigal (RUSH's other down-tempo dragon-slaying song is much better)

Lessons + Twilight Zone > AFTK (AFTK suffers from the same over-ambitious clunkiness of Cinderella Man, but also has a fantastic break in the middle)

• Like 1

Mick

WHYYYY

I used the Narp-Signal, and he arrived to save the day.

2112 just can't go. Just can't happen. I could include at least COS but even being conservative the run of 2112 - Permanent Waves is to me so epic that they have to be the last standing. Moving Pictures is excellent too in its own way but the 74-791/2 era is unmatched. Just my opinion.... :codger: Edited by Narpsberg

I feel bad for being the only one to vote for Permanent Waves every round.....( maybe I shouldn't have said that out loud)
  • Like 1

"Glares at AFTK"

It's time!!!!!!!!!

you over hyped piece of crap

Mick

Its pure awesomeness plus my emotional attachment too it. You certainly won't see me voting for it EVER....
  • Like 2

No kidding.

Adios Signals.

2112 = Xanadu + Cygnus (All musically epic and a bit silly theme-wise. In other words, classic RUSH!)

Lessons + Twilight Zone > AFTK (AFTK suffers from the same over-ambitious clunkiness of Cinderella Man, but also has a fantastic break in the middle)

I generally agree, but I love AFTK (the song). I've always though that Lessons was extremely underrated as well.

• Like 1

"Glares at AFTK"

It's time!!!!!!!!!

you over hyped piece of crap

Mick

:o :o :o

I know it doesn't do a lot for you, but...piece of crap??

I'm down to the point now that voting for any of what's left is like taking food out of my kids' mouths.

No kidding.

Adios Signals.

I generally agree, but I love AFTK (the song). I've always though that Lessons was extremely underrated as well.

Couldn't be more correct if you tried... :goodone: