Rumours about the R40 Stage Show

x1yyz

During the drum solo, Neil's drum kit will elevate and spin upside down. Then Neil will start shooting sparks out of his ass.

I would believe that if they were on a tour of Mexico and they ate good burrito's every night!

• Like 1

Top Rumors NO ONE hopes is True.

1- Feedback played in it's Entirety

2-Rush has borrowed Motley Crue's old drumset and Neil will fly over the crowd and spin upside down.

FREE CYMBALS FOR ALL!!

3- Alex to play 2112 on a 12 string acoustic. No lyrics. All of Side 1

and finally

4- An operational car wash will be used on stage, you can sign up to have the road crew wash your car starting April 1.

Edited by Disembodied Spirit
  • Like 2

I am not opposed to dewarves. And they could even bring on some elves and do Rivendell accoustic on lutes.
  • Like 2

Top Rumors NO ONE hopes is True.

1- Feedback played in it's Entirety

I happen to like Feedback. It's one of my favorites. I'd like it if a couple of its songs are played.

http://i.imgur.com/MStykQV.jpg

Guess where my other hand is?

It's on my mouse clicking to Youtube. That's where Yukon Blade Grinder TV can be found. It's real...

Edited by Tombstone Mountain
  • Like 2

Rush begin their 40th 41st anniversary R40 tour in less than two months! Rush themselves have given us only tiny tidbits (Timbits?) of information as to what we can expect. In a recent interview Geddy stated R40 will be "the last big tour that we're going to do for a while," and that the setlist will be "a celebration of our entire history".

As you can imagine, the rumours of what we are going to see and hear are flying fast and furious. I know sometimes the media will be privy to information to information the general public is not, and with that in mind I picked the brain of a Yukon Blade Grinder reporter who I know often visits the Anthem Entertainment offices in Toronto. We met up at the Orbit Room while I was in YYZ, and I discovered that buying the reporter a few maple whiskeys will cause them to spill some secrets.

I learned the band is considering the following ideas for the R40 stage show:

As the ultimate display of Rush's notorious sense of humour, the Caress of Steel-era songs will be accompanied onstage by dwarves dancing around an 18' (foot!) Stonehenge replica.

Since Geddy unfortunately has difficulty hitting the very high notes from the band's early releases, R40 will mark the second time in the band's history they have additional musicians onstage. Those musicians will be a small group of back-up singers who will be "assisting" Geddy with reaching notes such as "
Every nerve is torn apart!
" from "Cygnus X-1".

Other songs will be adapted and sung in a lounge act style to make them easier to sing.

The film clips shown during the concerts will include home footage of Neil, Alex, and Geddy taken during their childhood years. Some of this surfaced in
Beyond the Lighted Stage
, and now we will have a chance to see more.

To assist with covering the costs of a tour of this magnitude (several tour buses and trailer-trucks are used to haul crew and gear, while the band takes private planes), the film clip to be played during "I Think I'm Going Bald" will be used to promote Rogaine.

What rumours have you heard?

You have gotten the bug girlfriend...be careful. There is no cure!

• Like 2

:Neil: Hey Tombstone! How does it feel to be responsible for creating a cult on TRF?

Ummm pretty radical Neil. You're not doing bad yourself there my friend.

• Like 1

:Neil: Hey Tombstone! How does it feel to be responsible for creating a cult on TRF?

Ummm pretty radical Neil. You're not doing bad yourself there my friend.

:Neil: Ahhhhh. They're just a bunch of stoners

Please I hope the thing with Back-up singers is not true... I rather hear Geddy sing it badly then that anyone else help sing it...

Zumbi, the post is a spoof.

Oh? How you know?

Because I know the person who runs the Yukon Blade Grinder

Yeah. We KNOW each other. In the biblical sense...knowwhatimean? Wait til you see the fan mail she sends me. All will be revealed in the first installment of Yukon Blade Grinder TV

• Like 1

Zumbi, the yukon Blade Grinder is an inside joke in TRF...it´s a fake journal created by Tombstone Mountain, with (also) fake interviews and articles about Rush, very often including mentions of TRF members.

Oh, thanks for explaining it to me. I did not know about it.

http://www.thelocal.se/20061219/5854

Question: What do you get when you cross an 18th century poet with the king and a British hotelier?

Answer: The key to the Swedish sense of humour.

This article used the term "lyrical tipple". That's amusing

This just in: auditions held this weekend to find a rapper to guest on RTB. Apparently it is between Kanye West and hologram Tupac. Chuck D is pissed.

Several songs also being re-arranged to include rap sections.

Edited by Justin Case

This just in: auditions held this weekend to find a rapper to guest on RTB. Apparently it is between Kanye West and hologram Tupac. Chuck D is pissed.

Okay, that one is scary!

• Like 1

Okay, that one is scary!

Apparently Ray wants them to connect with a younger and more diverse crowd.

This just in: Ray Danniels just paid for the use of Semisonic's 'Closing Time' to be played as the lights come on once the show is over.

Closing Bubba's bar Permanently.

Strike that FOXNEWS has confirmed this story was not true, as Ray Danniels is too cheap to PAY for any music.