51 members have voted

1. 1. Vote for your least favorite

• A Farewell to kings
    • Hemispheres
    • Permanent Waves
    • Moving Pictures
    • Signals
    • Grace Under Pressure

I'm listening to Walking On The Moon as I type. With the exception of vocals, that could be Rush.

(chuckle)

I know a few Police fans who might take exception to that. I'm sure you're a HUGE Police fan. :)

So now there's a wacky contingent of Police fans who find the Police's music and Rush's music virtually indistinguishable. Because Alex mentioned them once or twice. Haha. Mkay. :)

{chuckle)

Still skipping the tour, Lorraine? :)

I'm listening to Walking On The Moon as I type. With the exception of vocals, that could be Rush.

(chuckle)

I know a few Police fans who might take exception to that. I'm sure you're a HUGE Police fan. :)

So now there's a wacky contingent of Police fans who find the Police's music and Rush's music virtually indistinguishable. Because Alex mentioned them once or twice. Haha. Mkay. :)

{chuckle)

Yes! :)

And yet so few of you listen to the Police. :)

Shimmery strummed chords, oh, okay then. :)

I own their 5 studio albums and a few other songs released elsewhere. I may not be the biggest fan (not just because apparently you are) but even people who like them a lot less than I do can see the obvious influences.

(chuckle)

{chuckle)

Yes! :)

Yeah, okay. :)

Oh, I see, so now there's qualifiers regarding Rush and the Police. The same kind of stuff I've been saying, just the other side of it. Understood., LOL.

Are you arguing against a voice in your head?

I own their 5 studio albums and a few other songs released elsewhere. I may not be the biggest fan (not just because apparently you are) but even people who like them a lot less than I do can see the obvious influences.

And there are people who like them a lot more that don't. :)

Potato, po-tah-to. :)

LOL, I know some guys who'd find the Police-Rush-same family position quite amusing. :D

LOL, I know some guys who'd find the Police-Rush-same family position quite amusing. :D

I guess it is easier to find a position amusing when you deliberately misrepresent it.

Edited by LedRush

I know very few Rush nerds...other than myself...who dig the Police. For the record. So maybe the half dozen of you in here arguing this point are exceptions to the rule. Good for you. That doesn't mean you're right about the Police and Rush being in the same genre.

Oh, I see, so now there's qualifiers regarding Rush and the Police. The same kind of stuff I've been saying, just the other side of it. Understood., LOL.

I still want to know how he determined there was no bigger Police fan in the world than himself. Maybe the voice in his head told him that.

• Like 1

I guess it is easier to find a position amusing when you deliberately misrepresent it.

Oh, well, when people use the term 'misrepresent' they're reaching.

But nice try anyway.

The Police and Rush are not remotely in the same genre. Nothing you say can change that. :)

I still want to know how he determined there was no bigger Police fan in the world than himself. Maybe the voice in his head told him that.

I still want to know why the biggest poster on this board is skipping the last Rush tour. :)

I know very few Rush nerds...other than myself...who dig the Police. For the record. So maybe the half dozen of you in here arguing this point are exceptions to the rule. Good for you. That doesn't mean you're right about the Police and Rush being in the same genre.

When did I say this? Although I've read many critics talk about the influence of reggae/ska on Rush. They do that often when talking about the influence of The Police on Rush.

• Like 1

I still want to know why the biggest poster on this board is skipping the last Rush tour. :)

She's never had the money/opportunity so she's never seen them live. Are you a big man, now?

• Like 2

Influence and respect are different animals.

I'm still waiting for someone to point me to Rush's reggae-ska-punk fusion songs.

Many have been pointed out to you.

• Like 1

She's never had the money/opportunity so she's never seen them live. Are you a big man, now?

And yet she's been offered the opportunity a number of times, gratis. You're getting huffy, are ya? The poster in question has slagged me ad nauseum a number of times for lesser reasons. STFU already.

The biggest poster on this board? I don't think so. And, even if I was, what business is it of yours why I am not going to see Rush?

If it makes you feel better, you can step on me and preen yourself for being a bigger and better Rush fan than me.

• Like 1

Influence and respect are different animals.

I'm still waiting for someone to point me to Rush's reggae-ska-punk fusion songs.

Many have been pointed out to you.

None that actually ARE reggae-ska-punk fusions. :) Just your opinions. Like mine. :)

The biggest poster on this board? I don't think so. And, even if I was, what business is it of yours why I am not going to see Rush?

If it makes you feel better, you can step on me and preen yourself for being a bigger and better Rush fan than me.

Oh, I would never say that. You're clearly a rush fan. :)

That doesn't mean that the Police and Rush are in the same genre.

And yet she's been offered the opportunity a number of times, gratis. You're getting huffy, are ya? The poster in question has slagged me ad nauseum a number of times for lesser reasons. STFU already.

Are you referring to me?

And I'd like to know how you know what has been offered to me behind the scenes.?

In any event, what business is it of yours why I can't go?

Am I supposed to slink away now in shame because I don't measure up to what you think a Rush fan should be?

Edited by Lorraine

Mkay, Imma let you 'Police-is-prog' folks believe what you want, LOL.

I'll say it one last time.

In no way. Are the Police and Rush. In the same genre.

Rush do not have any actual reggae-ska-punk fusion songs.

Nothing in reality will change that.