Entire album

Caress of Steel

Possible? No

Could they do it 'proper' justice? No

Would I enjoy it? f**k Ya!

• Like 3

I know this will be even less popular than CoS, but I'd love to see Test for Echo live. We only have 3 songs on live CDs, the album is guitar heavy and imminently singable by now-Geddy, and the worst songs from the album do not nearly reach the depths of the worst songs off anything from GuP-CP, meaning that we don't have to suffer through as much.

Also, the album works well as a setlist. The first 3 songs are accessible, upbeat, and great. Then we slow it down a little to get the great The Color of Right, get darker/heavier with Time and Motion, and then get more accessible and upbeat with Totem. Dog Years would be fun live, and Virtuality was amazing live. Slow it down again for Resist, take a break with Limbo and end with another rocker. The last two songs don't work incredibly well as a setlist, but they work better than almost any other album.

As a trade off for getting so much T4E, would could say that we won't get any music at all from Counterparts, which should be cause of much rejoicing.

Fans actually like video vertigo, video vertigo (i can keep going...dizzy yet?) more than CP? Never thought that possible back in the day. Driven... Ok I'm in!

The only one that makes any sense is Permanent Waves. Set list below:

Set 1:

Far Cry

Caravan

Driven ( With bass Solo)

Cut to the Chase

Roll The Bones

Limbo- Drum Solo #1

Show Don't Tell

Clockwork Angels

2112 (O/T/F)

Set 2:

Permanent Waves (Entirety)

The Anarchist

Red Barchetta

Distant Early Warning

New World Man

YYZ -Drum Solo #2

Alex Solo- The Trees

Xanadu (Entire)

Encore:

R40 Instrumedley: Working Man/ Fly By Night/ The Necromancer/ Something for Nothing/ A Farewell to Kings/ La Villa Strangiatto

Tom Sawyer

Headlong Flight

Wayyyyyy too much Clockwork Angles in this set son.

4 songs?? Enough already!!!

:beathorse:

Saw enough of that train wreck last tour.

Not Happening.

Really? If you look at their touring history. The previously released album is always represented strongly during its release and the following concert. Whether you want it or not. Clockwork Angels will be strongly represented during this tour and its far from a train wreck.

Set 1:

Far Cry

Caravan

Driven ( With bass Solo)

Cut to the Chase

Roll The Bones

Limbo- Drum Solo #1

Show Don't Tell

Clockwork Angels

2112 (O/T/F)

Set 2:

The Anarchist

Red Barchetta

Distant Early Warning

New World Man

YYZ -Drum Solo #2

Alex Solo- The Trees

Xanadu (Entire)

Encore:

R40 Instrumedley: Working Man/ Fly By Night/ The Necromancer/ Something for Nothing/ A Farewell to Kings/ La Villa Strangiatto

Tom Sawyer

Headlong Flight

Not Happening.

Really? If you look at their touring history. The previously released album is always represented strongly during its release and the following concert. Whether you want it or not. Clockwork Angels will be strongly represented during this tour and its far from a train wreck.

You may be correct. But on Time Machine they did not bombard us with 'Snakes and Arrows'

Only played 2- Far Cry and Workin' Them Angels.

I believe they will spread out the music over dozens of albums on R40 as well.

So you get 2 from CA. Maybe

And CA is a snoozefest...ask around

Set 1:

Far Cry

Caravan

Driven ( With bass Solo)

Cut to the Chase

Roll The Bones

Limbo- Drum Solo #1

Show Don't Tell

Clockwork Angels

2112 (O/T/F)

Set 2:

The Anarchist

Red Barchetta

Distant Early Warning

New World Man

YYZ -Drum Solo #2

Alex Solo- The Trees

Xanadu (Entire)

Encore:

Tom Sawyer

Headlong Flight

Not Happening.

You may be correct. But on Time Machine they did not bombard us with 'Snakes and Arrows'

Three, actually. Faithless was played as well.

Set 1:

Far Cry

Caravan

Driven ( With bass Solo)

Cut to the Chase

Roll The Bones

Limbo- Drum Solo #1

Show Don't Tell

Clockwork Angels

2112 (O/T/F)

Set 2:

The Anarchist

Red Barchetta

Distant Early Warning

New World Man

YYZ -Drum Solo #2

Alex Solo- The Trees

Xanadu (Entire)

Encore:

Tom Sawyer

Headlong Flight

Not Happening.

Three, actually. Faithless was played as well.

Shows how big of an impression I had of that song live...

Edited by Disembodied Spirit

Set 1:

Far Cry

Caravan

Driven ( With bass Solo)

Cut to the Chase

Roll The Bones

Limbo- Drum Solo #1

Show Don't Tell

Clockwork Angels

2112 (O/T/F)

Set 2:

The Anarchist

Red Barchetta

Distant Early Warning

New World Man

YYZ -Drum Solo #2

Alex Solo- The Trees

Xanadu (Entire)

Encore:

Tom Sawyer

Headlong Flight

Not Happening.

You're right about everything but CA, which is the most exciting album the band released since MP. It's a sonic mess, but not a snooze fest.

• Like 1

I would pick Signals, fully understanding it would never happen. They'll throw us some bones, but they can't be that self-indulgent on their last major tour--unless they were doing Moving Pictures, but they already did that. Moving Pictures worked because it's practically a greatest hits album in its own right. No other album in the catalog contains so many hits to keep the 10,000 non-obsessive fans in the audience interested.

I wouldn't be surprised if they play a significant amount of Hemispheres. The Trees and La Villa are real possibilities, and I think they will play a section of the song Hemispheres.

Set 1:

Far Cry

Caravan

Driven ( With bass Solo)

Cut to the Chase

Roll The Bones

Limbo- Drum Solo #1

Show Don't Tell

Clockwork Angels

2112 (O/T/F)

Set 2:

The Anarchist

Red Barchetta

Distant Early Warning

New World Man

YYZ -Drum Solo #2

Alex Solo- The Trees

Xanadu (Entire)

Encore:

Tom Sawyer

Headlong Flight

Not Happening.

You're right about everything but CA, which is the most exciting album the band released since MP. It's a sonic mess, but not a snooze fest.

Agree, was very excited about the upcoming release of CA, with the hype, but it was missing something song in song out.

Great lyrics, but not as creative and unique as it could have been. Very produced.

Set 1:

Far Cry

Caravan

Driven ( With bass Solo)

Cut to the Chase

Roll The Bones

Limbo- Drum Solo #1

Show Don't Tell

Clockwork Angels

2112 (O/T/F)

Set 2:

The Anarchist

Red Barchetta

Distant Early Warning

New World Man

YYZ -Drum Solo #2

Alex Solo- The Trees

Xanadu (Entire)

Encore:

Tom Sawyer

Headlong Flight

Not Happening.

Agree, was very excited about the upcoming release of CA, with the hype, but it was missing something song in song out.

Great lyrics, but not as creative and unique as it could have been. Very produced.

Well I still love it!

Set 1:

Far Cry

Caravan

Driven ( With bass Solo)

Cut to the Chase

Roll The Bones

Limbo- Drum Solo #1

Show Don't Tell

Clockwork Angels

2112 (O/T/F)

Set 2:

The Anarchist

Red Barchetta

Distant Early Warning

New World Man

YYZ -Drum Solo #2

Alex Solo- The Trees

Xanadu (Entire)

Encore:

Tom Sawyer

Headlong Flight

Not Happening.

Well I still love it!

there 60+ years old, appreciate that they give enough of a damn to release such an epic piece at such an old age. Playing wise there better than ever. Obviously the vocals lack. And honestly you could even add a 5th song from CA in there. Id bet a lot of money they play the garden.
  • Like 1

Hemispheres would be my first choice because it's my favorite album. Realistically, I can see Cygnus as part of an R40 medley and Circumstances and La Villa being played.

Part of me would like to see Signals being played in its entirety. There are a lot of amazing tracks that have been played on recent tours. Geddy sounded great singing this material. So the rest of the album is most likely viable.

On a personal note, Signals was not only my first Rush concert, but my first 'big' concert period. I remember wearing out the cassette on my Walkman when the album came out and a result of exposure on recent tours I have once again started playing the album regularly. So I guess a bit selfishly I wouldn't mind recapturing a bit of my youth. But....the album is solid so it really is a win win!

Interesting that we are so varied on this. I would love Hemispheres, as I think start to finish it is their overall best album. Permanent Waves would be a more realistic candidate. No way they would do caress of Steel. But we may, and this is a reach, but we may get a song off of it. Can you imagine the crowd reaction? For the person that suggested HYF, that won't happen. But I do love that album. Some of Neil's best lyrics and Geddy's bass is wicked. T4E sorry I can't agree with that. Driven is great live, and I do like thee Color of Right too. If I missed some I am sorry. But it seems like Hemispheres might be what we want most, but Permanent Waves is what is most likely (assuming they actually did an entire album). I do think we are getting something special this tour though.

Set 1:

Far Cry

Caravan

Driven ( With bass Solo)

Cut to the Chase

Roll The Bones

Limbo- Drum Solo #1

Show Don't Tell

Clockwork Angels

2112 (O/T/F)

Set 2:

The Anarchist

Red Barchetta

Distant Early Warning

New World Man

YYZ -Drum Solo #2

Alex Solo- The Trees

Xanadu (Entire)

Encore:

Tom Sawyer

Headlong Flight

Not Happening.

Well I still love it!

there 60+ years old, appreciate that they give enough of a damn to release such an epic piece at such an old age. Playing wise there better than ever. Obviously the vocals lack. And honestly you could even add a 5th song from CA in there. Id bet a lot of money they play the garden.

Oh Yeah!!!

Caress Of Steel

Hemispheres

A Farewell To Kings

In that order. Maybe The Omega Concern can develop Geddy some sort of auto-tune thing (will have to state that I hate auto-tune and the whiny-ness of it) that doesn't sound like auto-tune but will allow Ged to sing in a lower register and still hit the high notes needed.

All the World's a Stage!

(didn't say it had to be STUDIO!)

Not happening. Most of those songs are WAY too high for Geddy's range. And songs like In The End just aren't going to get played anyway. Besides, Geddy HATES Lakeside Park.