Cygnus X-1 Part 1 vs The Necromancer

Bytor and the Snow-Dog

Cygnus X-1 vs The Necromancer  

66 members have voted

1. 1. Cygnus X-1 vs The Necromancer

Cygnus x1 by a hair of a snow dog.The narration in the Necromancer still annoys me more than the rap bit RTB.I love playing AFTK then Hemispheres together. I think it could have been a great double lp.

Necromancer easily.

Cygnux X-1 sounds like Spinal Tap. All you need for the show is dancing midgets falling into black holes. Cheesy beyond Velveeta.

Neil has been quoted that he detests Cygnus X-1.

That's just ridiculous to compare it to Spinal Tap lol. And Neil has been quoted as detesting a lot of great Rush songs, he has awful taste in Rush

Also, I feel like he detests The Necromancer more, right??

• Like 1

My guitar teacher used to tell me about how when he was in high school he didn't need drugs because he could sit on his bed and listen to Cygnus and how it would fly in from the distance in his headphones. He was super cool and could rip any Rush song. He told me a story where his band broke the applause meter at a school battle of the bands when he was a sophomore by playing 2112 in its entirety.
  • Like 2

No contest for me. Cygnus X-1. Assuming you mean Book I.

Cygnus Book II is superior to 2112. Definately top 5.

Enjoy your cheesy book I. Don't slip on the velveeta.

The conversation when they wrote it was probably like "ok guys, we need to do a follow-up scifri thing that's sort of 2112y...but weirder."

When the guys really miss on something, which is not often, it ends up as an embarassing self-indulgent mess...like Book I.

AHHHHH BLACK HOLE AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!! :facepalm:

Edited by 2112FirstStreet

No contest for me. Cygnus X-1. Assuming you mean Book I.

Cygnus Book II is superior to 2112. Definately top 5.

Enjoy your cheesy book I. Don't slip on the velveeta.

The conversation when they wrote it was probably like "ok guys, we need to do a follow-up scifri thing that's sort of 2112y...but weirder."

When the guys really miss on something, which is not often, it ends up as an embarassing self-indulgent mess...like Book I.

AHHHHH BLACK HOLE AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!! :facepalm:

To each his own, I guess. :)

And, by the way, you spelled "definitely" wrong. ;)

• Like 1

Cygnus X-1, and I say that as a bass player who has always loved playing it. :D

^^^This. It is one of my favourite things to play on bass by the band.

It was one of the first things I learned off of the album and it's still fun to play after all this time.

• Like 4

It was one of the first things I learned off of the album and it's still fun to play after all this time.

There was a wedding band up in North East PA that used to play that beginning bass vamp section while they were getting the bride and groom up to cut the cake or something...I just remember being at a wedding a few years back and hearing "boom da bada bap....boom da bada bap bap" I talked to the drummer later on and he's like "we're all Rush fans, and had to figure out a way to work some in!"

• Like 1

There was a wedding band up in North East PA that used to play that beginning bass vamp section while they were getting the bride and groom up to cut the cake or something...I just remember being at a wedding a few years back and hearing "boom da bada bap....boom da bada bap bap" I talked to the drummer later on and he's like "we're all Rush fans, and had to figure out a way to work some in!"

That would be strange and unusual. :)

• Like 1

It was...but it worked! :huh:

It's not exactly like a procession tune. :D

• Like 1

Necromancer easily.

Cygnux X-1 sounds like Spinal Tap. All you need for the show is dancing midgets falling into black holes. Cheesy beyond Velveeta.

Neil has been quoted that he detests Cygnus X-1.

That's just ridiculous to compare it to Spinal Tap lol. And Neil has been quoted as detesting a lot of great Rush songs, he has awful taste in Rush

Yeah, sorry Neil, but I'd rather hear Cygnus than a whole lot of the stuff that was written after you think the "real" Rush was born . . .

Lets all be glad they never let the new guy write the music. Had they, there probably would be no TRF, no Rush, and we would all be dancing with midgets right about now.

It's not exactly like a procession tune. :D

I think they looked at it like game show "traveling music"

• Like 1