• A Farewell to kings
    • Hemispheres
    • Permanent Waves
    • Moving Pictures
    • Signals
    • Grace Under Pressure
    • Power Windows

DOWN WITH FLY BY NIGHT

Srsly? I never took you for a lite rocker...

Edited by laughedatbytime

I like the fact that we've had no wimpy "waaahhhhh....can't make a decision" types yet.

Same people who can't decide what what album they like best are probably the same who get on Bush/Obama's case for THEIR decision making skills.......

DOWN WITH FLY BY NIGHT

I love only a few songs off of it. The rest of it is either leftover derivative stuff from the debut (Best I Can) or just not good (Rivendell, Making Memories). The title track is like Closer To The Heart for me. Too poppish and doesn't really sound like the Rush I know, though CTTH fits them better.

I love By-Tor and In The End, and Anthem and Beneath, Between, Behind are also pretty great.

I wouldn't go so far as to label Power Windows entirely lite-rock like HYF-RTB. A lot of rocks pretty hard, Big Money, Marathon, Middletown. I just think the songwriting by Rush's standards is much better on PoW.

DOWN WITH FLY BY NIGHT

I love only a few songs off of it. The rest of it is either leftover derivative stuff from the debut (Best I Can) or just not good (Rivendell, Making Memories). The title track is like Closer To The Heart for me. Too poppish and doesn't really sound like the Rush I know, though CTTH fits them better.

I love By-Tor and In The End, and Anthem and Beneath, Between, Behind are also pretty great.

I wouldn't go so far as to label Power Windows entirely lite-rock like HYF-RTB. A lot of rocks pretty hard, Big Money, Marathon, Middletown. I just think the songwriting by Rush's standards is much better on PoW.

Do we have to change your username to "England Dan and John Ford Bowley"? There's another band that reminds me of Power Windows. It's not totally without merit but it's when I started to lose interest in the band.

• Like 1

DOWN WITH FLY BY NIGHT

Do we have to change your username to "England Dan and John Ford Bowley"? There's another band that reminds me of Power Windows. It's not totally without merit but it's when I started to lose interest in the band.

Well it's really just in that trio of the synth albums that really drove the old grumps away from the band, p/g-PoW-HYF.

Grace Under Pressure is an Alex album for sure, cause after the guitar being relegated to the back of mix for the keyboards on Signals, it came roaring back in on this one and as such, it rocks pretty hard. One of the reasons it's in my top 2.

Power Windows is a Geddy album. Lots of amazing bass playing on stuff like Territories and Marathon and I think this one has the best vocal performances from him.

Hold Your Fire's a Neil album. Lots of funky drum patterns, very inventive on stuff like Prime Mover and Force Ten, and he also beats the shit out of the drums on Lock and Key.

DOWN WITH FLY BY NIGHT

Well it's really just in that trio of the synth albums that really drove the old grumps away from the band, p/g-PoW-HYF.

Grace Under Pressure is an Alex album for sure, cause after the guitar being relegated to the back of mix for the keyboards on Signals, it came roaring back in on this one and as such, it rocks pretty hard. One of the reasons it's in my top 2.

Power Windows is a Geddy album. Lots of amazing bass playing on stuff like Territories and Marathon and I think this one has the best vocal performances from him.

Hold Your Fire's a Neil album. Lots of funky drum patterns, very inventive on stuff like Prime Mover and Force Ten, and he also beats the shit out of the drums on Lock and Key.

Good insight. I never looked at those albums like that.

DOWN WITH FLY BY NIGHT

I love p/g.

PoW was a huge disappointment, HYF killed the band as I knew it, and Presto is just plain wretched.

• Like 1