Would you trade the entire PoW-S&A era of albums for one more album as good as those in the 2112-MP era?

laughedatbytime

Epic question  

90 members have voted

1. 1. Would you trade the entire PoW-S&A era of albums for one more album as good as those in the 2112-MP era?

• Yes
    • No

So, I would counter the OP's offer with CP, all but 5 songs of S&A, and 3 songs from PoW. Deal?

Not for me.

I'll throw in two songs each from Signals, GuP, HYF and Presto. Surely that 3 albums worth of material is worth another 45 minutes of classic Rush.

Edited by LedRush

So, I would counter the OP's offer with CP, all but 5 songs of S&A, and 3 songs from PoW. Deal?

Not for me.

I'll throw in two songs each from Signals, GuP, HYF and Presto.

Two songs from Presto? The entire album has virtually no value...

Not for me.

Eat my poo.

• Like 1

Not for me.

Eat my poo.

If it makes you feel any better, Presto has more value than the entire catalog of "the Boss".

As PoW and HYF are two of my favourite albums, my answer would be a definite no. However, if it was adjusted to a trade of with Presto-S&A era then I think I might say yes. Though admittedly, it would still be a shame to lose a lot of those songs.

Not for me.

Eat my poo.

If it makes you feel any better, Presto has more value than the entire catalog of "the Boss".

Maybe not The Boss but certainly more value than The Assistant Night Manager!

In hindsight yes. I have so many albums by so many different artists on my iPod that I have to move things around when I go on a binge. For Rush, although I own every album they've ever released, the permanent albums on my iPod are 2112, All The World's, Hemispheres, PeW, MP, E. . SL, Signals, GUP, A Show of Hands, S&A and CA. So the era you described, other than S&A, is always available to me mostly only through ASoH. And Presto through VT I'm fine not being able to access all the time. One more album in the mold of the era you described would mean they would have had an almost flawless discography. And I don't think you can make a compilation album of that quality out of the PoW - VT era.

Signals, HYF, Snakes, and Counterparts? Absolutely not!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You'd still have Signals. He's saying the albums that get jettisoned are from Power Windows forward. The quality would be through MP.

And not including CA.

• Like 1

No one ever told Van Gogh, "Hey, paint another Starry Night, man."

Nope. Doesn't make any sense to me. I wouldn't trade more than 20 years of Rush for one more of anything.

If you answer yes to this, it seems to me that you're saying the '76-'81 years were not enough for you, and you'd like more perfection.

Greedy, greedy.

• Like 3

I am actually surprised that so many voted no.

I would in a heartbeat. Nothing memorable for me after Signals. A song here and there, probably all of them combined could fit on one album.

Edited by Lorraine
  • Like 2

Lose Grace Under Pressure, Power Windows, Hold Your Fire, PRESTO, Vapor Trails??????

NOOOOOOOOO!

Besides, 2112 and Hems are not always that great to my ears. I prefer CoS to both.

• Like 1

I stand by my choice. Synth era for life!!!!!!! i still on the whole prefer it to the 70's prog era. if i had to give up Hemisphers.......so be it.

I want my HYF!!!

Mick

Exactly!

And the best part?!?! If we lose only those albums mentioned in the thread title, I GET TO KEEP COS!!!!!

Win win, as CoS is pretty much my fave album of the seventies (I think it beat AFTK).

Edited by Segue Myles
  • Like 1

I stand by my choice. Synth era for life!!!!!!! i still on the whole prefer it to the 70's prog era. if i had to give up Hemisphers.......so be it.

I want my HYF!!!

Mick

Especially those last two songs... :cheers:
  • Like 2

I want my HYF!!!

Mick

He probably enjoys those two songs more than half of AFTK...

I want my HYF!!!

Mick

what 2 songs? Rush made a GREAT 8 song album. ;)

Mick

• Like 1

I want my HYF!!!

Mick

Mick

Indeed. I agree the rest is very good but I wouldn't trade anything Signals back for it however. Old school out... :codger:
  • Like 1

I want my HYF!!!

Mick

Mick

Indeed. I agree the rest is very good but I wouldn't trade anything Signals back for it however. Old school out... :codger:

Much respect for the old school my friend. After all........you really can't get to newer school without old school.

Mick

• Like 1