Harrison Ford in plane accident.

Xanadoood

This guy is a bad ass. Breaks his leg on the set of Star Wars last year. Walks away from a plane crash. 72 years old.

Reports: Harrison Ford hurt in plane crash: http://www.wcvb.com/entertainment/harrison-ford-seriously-hurt-in-plane-crash/31640766?absolute=true

Edited by Xanadoood

Well it appears it wasn't as easy as reported : The 72-year-old actor, who was conscious and breathing when rescue crews reached him, was stabilized and taken to a hospital, where he was in fair to moderate condition, authorities said. Sources said he sustained cuts to his head. There was no word on other injuries or what caused the plane to crash about 2:20 p.m. (5:20 p.m. ET). It appeared he was flying solo.

Well it appears it wasn't as easy as reported : The 72-year-old actor, who was conscious and breathing when rescue crews reached him, was stabilized and taken to a hospital, where he was in fair to moderate condition, authorities said. Sources said he sustained cuts to his head. There was no word on other injuries or what caused the plane to crash about 2:20 p.m. (5:20 p.m. ET). It appeared he was flying solo.

he he he

• Like 1

A few thoughts came to mind when I first read this...

http://www.imfdb.org/images/thumb/7/74/IJLC-PlaneGun07aaaaa.jpg/600px-IJLC-PlaneGun07aaaaa.jpg

http://cinetropolis.net/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/indy-plane-gif.gif

Hoping for a speedy recovery

By the sound of the articles I've seen on my facebook feed he'll be fine.

I think it's cool and all that he flies antique planes but I mean...

IT BELONGS IN A MUSEUM.

What a shame . . .

I am glad he was able to locate an area to put it down.

When you're in the sky and start to have engine problems the first thing you have to remember is to FLY THE PLANE!

While searching for a long enough stretch of land to put her down in if you know you're not going to make an airport.

You naturally want to try to minimize turns as this will slow you down.

It is not a major problem if you're at a decent altitude say say 10,000 ft or so, you can just about make any airport at that altitude.

Once you make a decision on where you're going to put her down you are pretty much locked into that decision because, well because you're only getting one shot at it . . .

I wonder if they will be able to restore the Old Ryan PT-22 Trainer ?

I read about the story briefly as it came across one of the aviation forums I frequent.

Is he a badass? Or just in a prolonged mid-life crisis?

Anyway, I hope he pulls through.

He's been flying for years lmao.

How does he keep the plane in the air that long? Flying for years really has to mess up your back, and have severe muscle atrophy as well.

How does he keep the plane in the air that long? Flying for years really has to mess up your back, and have severe muscle atrophy as well.

:syrinx: thud... :)

:syrinx: thud... :)

LOL