Vapor Trails vs Snakes & Arrows

YYZumbi

84 members have voted

1. 1. Which one is the best one?

VT in a landslide. S&A has some good songs (Far Cry and the instrumentals), but the others are just mid-tempo trudge-fests which lack power, lyrics, or musical inventiveness. VT is hampered by bad production and too many songs, but songs like Ghost Rider, Secret Touch, Ceiling Unlimited and How it Is are stronger than any of the songs on S&A not named Far Cry.
  • Like 1

Great Production ton Snakes oo.

Mick

But the same man produced this album and the one you hate the production on. What difference do you hear between the two production-wise? Amateur ears would like to know. :)

As someone who isn't an evil sonofabitch like Mick is with CA ( :D) I can tell the production differences as well.

On CA there's a lot of heavy electric rock guitars with not as much room to breathe. On Snakes, it's a lot more spaced out. It might just be the different musical directions on the album that give off the different sound results.

When I can steel myself to do so fortified by a good night's sleep, I will have to give the two albums a listen and see if I can hear what you men hear.

There's room for the instrument to breath on snakes. I can hear everything clear. Nothing is muddy or overly loud or fighting for space as on CA

,Mick

The room isn't for you to breath, it's for you to drown in the mid-tempo, dirgy sameness of the album.

• Like 2

... apart from Bravest Face, which should have never been recorded.

Bravest Face is probably my favorite song on Snakes.

Absolutely LOVE Alex's work on this one... it's absolutely brilliant.

His guitar's great throughout the album, no question, just the song doesn't work for me.

I like both albums a lot, I would have said VT in the past, but Snakes has really grown on me lately.
  • Like 2

There's room for the instrument to breath on snakes. I can hear everything clear. Nothing is muddy or overly loud or fighting for space as on CA

,Mick

The room isn't for you to breath, it's for you to drown in the mid-tempo, dirgy sameness of the album.

You're just bitter your horse is not in the race anymore, lolfists%20crying.gif

;)

Mick

Edited by bluefox4000

,Mick

You're just bitter your horse is not in the race anymore, lolfists%20crying.gif

;)

Mick

CoS is taking down another heavily favored album right now.

i only like a few songs on S&A. I like pretty much all of Vapor Trails.

Oh... and I'm one of the few people who thinks We Hold On is an absolutely fantastic song!

I'd say its the second best song on the whole album. Other than that and Far Cry, the rest sucks.

Oh... and I'm one of the few people who thinks We Hold On is an absolutely fantastic song!

I'd say its the second best song on the whole album. Other than that and Far Cry, the rest sucks.

Mal Nar is the second best song on the album.. We Hold On sucks...but it has a lot of company.

We Hold On is an underrated gem.

We Hold On is a great song and it reminds me of an old Byrds song (Eight Miles High) in parts.

• Like 2

Snakes, by 100 light years at warp factor 9.9.

Yes, Snakes would sound better 100 light years away, and the faster it gets there the better.

Yes, Snakes would sound better 100 light years away, and the faster it gets there the better.

Hard to escape the massive black hole of suckage that is Vapor Trails, but it finally manages to pull away. :D

• Like 3

Hard to escape the massive black hole of suckage that is Vapor Trails, but it finally manages to pull away. :D

If any Rush album sucks the life out of anything it is the dirgelike S&A.

• Like 1

Sorry, I won that round. :LOL:

Sorry, I won that round. :LOL:

Maybe but VT kicks S&A's ass any day of the week and twice on Sunday...