Vapor Trails vs Snakes & Arrows

YYZumbi

84 members have voted

1. 1. Which one is the best one?

VT:R by a fairly wide margin.

I'm in the minority when it comes to VT, I think it's one of their better albums both from a songwriting perspective and performance.

And VT:R fixes a lot of the production issues from the original release.

I don't think S&A is a bad album by any means but it pales in comparison IMO.

• Like 3

VT:R by a fairly wide margin.

I'm in the minority when it comes to VT, I think it's one of their better albums both from a songwriting perspective and performance.

And VT:R fixes a lot of the production issues from the original release.

BOOM! Snaked gets it. The remix is so worth the coin, enjoy the Vapor Trails as meant to be.

Edited by JohnRogers
  • Like 2

Vapor Trails is an absolute masterpiece. One of the best albums the band ever made, and by far their most muscular release.

Both ugly and beautiful, it has something Snakes sorely lacks: a personality.

I get the hate. But I love Vapor Trails more than many of the bands better recieved albums.

• Like 2

I think VT and Presto are two examples of atypical Great Rush.
  • Like 1

Peaceable Kingdom still puts a lump in my throat.

It puts a throbbing pain in my skull. But there's enough salvageable on the album to beat its' dirgelike competition.

Ceiling Unlimited and Sweet Miracle alone are enough to put it over the top.

Both good albums. Love Snakes and Arrows. Some of the most inventive and beautiful playing from Geddy. A lot of people slow down or stop improving upon their instruments as they get older but Geddy gets better with each album. Snakes and Arrows has some of his best bass lines. I watched an interview with Geddy and he demonstrated some of the bass lines from Spindrift and it was mind-boggling how he does that stuff as a bass player. On top of that, like on Hold Your Fire Neil delivers some very quirky and cool stuff with his drums, and Alex's acoustic guitars really shine on this album. On top of that, I like all of the songs apart from Bravest Face, which should have never been recorded.

Vapor Trails is also good, though, don't get me wrong. So many :haz: moments.

Peaceable Kingdom still puts a lump in my throat.

It puts a throbbing pain in my skull. But there's enough salvageable on the album to beat its' dirgelike competition.

Ceiling Unlimited and Sweet Miracle alone are enough to put it over the top.

Now there's one song I don't hear much about. Great vocal performance from Geddy.

I adore Snakes. such an underrated album. Had it on the other day. Apart from a few tracks. Solid as hell.

Mick

I listened to the album specifically a couple weeks ago. Still doesn't disappoint.

• Like 2

Both good albums. Love Snakes and Arrows. Some of the most inventive and beautiful playing from Geddy. A lot of people slow down or stop improving upon their instruments as they get older but Geddy gets better with each album. Snakes and Arrows has some of his best bass lines. I watched an interview with Geddy and he demonstrated some of the bass lines from Spindrift and it was mind-boggling how he does that stuff as a bass player. On top of that, like on Hold Your Fire Neil delivers some very quirky and cool stuff with his drums, and Alex's acoustic guitars really shine on this album. On top of that, I like all of the songs apart from Bravest Face, which should have never been recorded.

Do you have a link to that interview?

I adore Snakes. such an underrated album. Had it on the other day. Apart from a few tracks. Solid as hell.

Mick

I listened to the album specifically a couple weeks ago. Still doesn't disappoint.

Totally agree. Armor And Sword, Spindrift, Far Cry, The Main Monkey Business, Workin' Them Angels. Great stuff.

Mick

• Like 1

Mick

Totally agree. Armor And Sword, Spindrift, Far Cry, The Main Monkey Business, Workin' Them Angels. Great stuff.

Mick

Armor And Sword hands down favorite song on that album.

• Like 1

• Like 1

http://youtu.be/h2VucctDtu0

Thanks! :)

Great Production ton Snakes oo.

Mick

But the same man produced this album and the one you hate the production on. What difference do you hear between the two production-wise? Amateur ears would like to know. :)

As someone who isn't an evil sonofabitch like Mick is with CA ( :D) I can tell the production differences as well.

On CA there's a lot of heavy electric rock guitars with not as much room to breathe. On Snakes, it's a lot more spaced out. It might just be the different musical directions on the album that give off the different sound results.

Edited by BowlCity