I reached my 1000th post...How is everyone else so fast

RushBoingo

I have to wonder, I am on this site everyday that I am on a computer, and yet I have watched countless regulars join after me and just zoom right by my post count. How does everyone have the dexterity to type so much content with meaning? I'm especially looking at people with 50000+ posts

Also, as a side note, at this rate I will become a Solar Federalist sometime in August of 2017. YIKES!

What I do is write a lot in these two threads: http://www.therushforum.com/index.php?/topic/90673-what-rush-song-are-you-currently-listening-to-v2/page__st__2100 and http://www.therushforum.com/index.php?/topic/91992-what-are-you-listening-to-right-now-non-rush-v11/page__st__580

And then I also write a lot in threads in the Roll The Bones section. Like This Or That Song

And then also ofcourse write some in the spam thread, that is easy posts.

Why is everyone so obsessed with the post count?

I really don't care that much about post counts. I'm aware that I post a lot more than I used to...and it's cool that 73 does something to commemorate everyone who reaches post number 2112. But aside from that...I mean, it's not like we're all in a contest or anything.

We're not, are we? :unsure:

How does everyone have the dexterity to type so much content with meaning?

In bold is an error in judgment, there. None of it has to be meaningful. :P Some of it is, but for a lot of people, this is a community where we can just be with like-minded Rush fans, and enjoy that...and do a fair amount of goofing off, too.

• Like 1

I don't really understand the point of a post count. Seems like a really odd think to keep track of. This is the only forum I've been a part of where people post stuff just to be posting.
  • Like 1

I have to wonder, I am on this site everyday that I am on a computer, and yet I have watched countless regulars join after me and just zoom right by my post count. How does everyone have the dexterity to type so much content with meaning? I'm especially looking at people with 50000+ posts

Also, as a side note, at this rate I will become a Solar Federalist sometime in August of 2017. YIKES!

[soapbox]

For some, I presume it's a matter of status to have a high post count.

A "race to the proverbial top" ~ perhaps they lack success in their real lives so this gives them the satisfaction.

Again - while it's presumptuous of me to think this; I base it on the observation of a couple of people that stick out in my brain.

Perhaps the post count is inflated because some people just like to "share" ~ like the FB status updaters that feel the need to update multiple times per day ~ There isn't anything wrong with it, but if it gets on your nerves, you have to unsubscribe or unfollow these friends. (Not their issue, it's yours.)

Before my hiatus from TRF, I used to play a lot of games that increased post count by nature of playing. Capture a random image, etc.... Fun stuff, but when you're not here consistently - it loses it's allure for all involved.

This is a big world and while we share some common likes and ideas, we also differ on others.

The differences we sometimes fear to show.

It would be a dull world if we all liked exactly the same things.

[/soapbox]

• Like 4

[soapbox]

For some, I presume it's a matter of status to have a high post count.

A "race to the proverbial top" ~ perhaps they lack success in their real lives so this gives them the satisfaction.

Again - while it's presumptuous of me to think this; I base it on the observation of a couple of people that stick out in my brain.

Perhaps the post count is inflated because some people just like to "share" ~ like the FB status updaters that feel the need to update multiple times per day ~ There isn't anything wrong with it, but if it gets on your nerves, you have to unsubscribe or unfollow these friends. (Not their issue, it's yours.)

Before my hiatus from TRF, I used to play a lot of games that increased post count by nature of playing. Capture a random image, etc.... Fun stuff, but when you're not here consistently - it loses it's allure for all involved.

This is a big world and while we share some common likes and ideas, we also differ on others.

The differences we sometimes fear to show.

It would be a dull world if we all liked exactly the same things.

[/soapbox]

Adding

Congratulations on 1000 quality posts though!

• Like 1

It took me over 7 years on the forum to get my 2112th post (which at the time was a record (may still be) for taking the longest to get it). No breaks either. Usually in lurk mode checking for any new info. Any time COS was brought up, of course I would have to chime in. So, obviously, the post count never mattered to me, and I have never participated in any type of spam thread. Don't see the point.
  • Like 1

Yeah I don't get it either. Though I am surprised at how high my post count is. I post maybe like once a week or something

I have been pretty much a daily user of this forum for over 6 years and I haven't even reached 500 posts yet. I guess it stems from my dad teaching me to "listen more and talk less" when I was a kid.
  • Like 3

I should note that I am not that concerned about post count (although I do dream of getting that coveted solar federalist badge at some point). I am just curious how people can type so much. I don't really bother with the games, list whatevers, and spam threads because I figure that it's likely not many people will take a detailed reading.

It took me over 7 years on the forum to get my 2112th post (which at the time was a record (may still be) for taking the longest to get it).

Nope! I just passed my seventh year on this forum and you see my whopping post count. I can't imagine that I will ever get to 2112 before I shuffle off this mortal coil.

:AlienSmiley: :aliensmiley: :AlienSmiley: :aliensmiley: :AlienSmiley: :aliensmiley: :AlienSmiley: :aliensmiley: :AlienSmiley: :aliensmiley:

I'm fast because when it comes to posting I'm a BEAST!!!!!!

:AlienSmiley:

:AlienSmiley: :aliensmiley:

• Like 1

I think it would be a good thing if the post count was just dropped. That way you wouldn't have people posting here to just to post spam.
  • Like 4