Favorite Tool Albums/Songs

What's everybody's favorite material by Tool?

I've never given them a really in depth listen although Ænima sounds pretty good to me.

Supposedly they are still working on that album that has taken 9 years to make :huh:

Undertow is my favorite album by anyone, ever. As far as Tool records go, Aenima is my second-favorite.

Some of my favorite Tool songs are Prison Sex, H., Eulogy, Stinkfist, 4 Degrees, Pushit, Undertow, The Patient, Intolerance, Schism, Forty-Six & 2, and Part of Me.

• Like 1

Reflection

Forty-Six & 2

Lateralus

Vicarious

10,000 Days

The Pot

Stinkfist

H.

Aenima

Reflection is freaking brilliant. It was the first song I played after installing my new subwoofer...... :haz: :haz:

Edited by Principled Man
  • Like 1

Undertow remains my favourite album, but you don't waste your time listening to them all.

And if you have a little spare time, start digging A Perfect Circle too

• Like 1

Lateralus has long been my favorite Tool album. Opiate and Undertow I feel as if they don't get as much appreciation nowadays (myself included) as they probably had 20 years ago but I think that's testament to the fact that the following two LPs are just so good rather than them not standing the test of times.

Some of my favorite songs by each album are:

Opiate: Opiate (as well as it's most recent live incarnation with the extended jam in the middle)

Undertow: Intolerance, Sober

Ænema: Euology, the Salival version of Pushit, Third Eye

Lateralus: Schism, Lateralus, the sequence of Disposition, Reflection and Triad

10,000 Days: Vicarious, Jambi, 10,000 Days (Wings Part 2)

Reflection

Forty-Six & 2

Lateralus

Vicarious

10,000 Days

The Pot

Stinkfist

H.

Aenima

Reflection is freaking brilliant. It was the first song I played after installing my new subwoofer...... :haz: :haz:

Yes I totally agree Reflection is an epic powerhouse of a track that builds perfectly and has a vibe that is totally cool, mysterious and atmospheric. The arrangement are just right too, from the percussion to the synths, vocals, bass, drums, everything is spot on.

Ænema, definitely. When I first heard it (about 14 years ago, criminy!) all I listened to was that album and A Perfect Circle's first album over and over and over...

Ænima

Now that a nearly decade-long lawsuit that weighed on Tool has finally been settled – and a previously undisclosed serious illness afflicting an unnamed band member has subsided – the Lateralus crew is making serious progress on their much-anticipated, much-delayed follow-up to 2006's 10,000 Days. In a new interview with Yahoo! Music, Tool guitarist Adam Jones says the band have finished one track and that another 10 songs are in "various states of completion. The band hopes to finish their new LP by year's end.