The Big Wreck thread

In addition to Big Wreck, I really enjoy Thornley (the band) and his recent album released as Ian Fletcher Thornley is pretty sweet, too! I've seen Thornley live a handful of times...once at an open air thing that had an unrelated fireworks display partway through their set, to which Ian seemed to start soloing in conjunction with the fireworks. :o The man sure knows how to blow minds!
  • Like 2

In addition to Big Wreck, I really enjoy Thornley (the band) and his recent album released as Ian Fletcher Thornley is pretty sweet, too! I've seen Thornley live a handful of times...once at an open air thing that had an unrelated fireworks display partway through their set, to which Ian seemed to start soloing in conjunction with the fireworks. :o The man sure knows how to blow minds!

It took me a while to get around to his solo stuff, but definitely liking it.

• Like 1

New album is... well, new. It's a blend of his recent solo material and the usual BW sound. [the first song is their 'hit' for the album... not exactly my cup o tea but whatever, the rest of the album is good]

There's a lot of great songs on their new album (Grace Street).

This is one of the better slower songs:

Something more typical of BW:

And a song that's grown on me, it has some proggish elements:

Here's the whole album from the beginning:

Yeah, But For the Sun has quickly become one of my favorite albums. It's got some killer, heavier tunes. But also some thoughtful more nuanced stuff like Fly and the Bowl. There's a few songs on here that are very likely dedications in some way to Brian (recently deceased guitarist/cofounder). Help Is on the Way being another.

I'm grateful to have seen them on this tour, the new material really shines live.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HDTu0rEonZA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Zi_Q6HovEk

Edited by stoopid
  • Like 2

I was about to delete this from dropbox when I realized some new-to-Big-Wreck members might want it...

Explanation:

Big Wreck does not have an official live show, on dvd or bluray or otherwise. So when they released the Suhr Factory performances online, it's was (and still is) the only relatively pro-shot live material available. There may be an official release someday in the future, they've released some pro-shot songs online from their 2019 US tour. I downloaded the 2015 Suhr videos from youtube and put them together as a standard DVD, so you can view (mount) it on your computer or burn the ISO as a DVD to play in a standard DVD player.

I'll leave this up for two more days, removing it 2020-04-22:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/x5dulfku0ro2bkc/BW%20-%20live%20dvd.zip?dl=0

I was about to delete this from dropbox when I realized some new-to-Big-Wreck members might want it...

Explanation:

Big Wreck does not have an official live show, on dvd or bluray or otherwise. So when they released the Suhr Factory performances online, it's was (and still is) the only relatively pro-shot live material available. There may be an official release someday in the future, they've released some pro-shot songs online from their 2019 US tour. I downloaded the 2015 Suhr videos from youtube and put them together as a standard DVD, so you can view (mount) it on your computer or burn the ISO as a DVD to play in a standard DVD player.

I'll leave this up for two more days, removing it 2020-04-22:

https://www.dropbox....ve dvd.zip?dl=0

One bump, will be gone tomorrow.