How to get a autograph for my father

jmlhpb

Hello,

I know this has been talked about (I read the threads) but I am still very confused. I want to get my father a autograph from the band, he raised us on Rush and may miss the concert this year due to family commitments (He has never missed a tour before). I know that if I send it to the stadium the band may be able to sign it? Can someone dumb down exactly what to do for me? This is really important, my father is the best man I know and deserves something for all he has done for me and my family.

Thank you once again.

• Like 4

I think it's wonderful that you want to do this for him.

I would suggest calling the box office at the venue you have in mind, and ask them where to send the item that you want to be autographed. And when you send it, be sure to include return packaging and postage.

I don't think there are any guarantees, but I do think this is your best bet.

I can't help you with you question but just wanted you to know how incredibly sweet I think what you are attempting to do is. Being a Rush loving dad myself I know when my children get me something Rush related it always gets me emotional and feels extra special. Well done young lady and I bet your dad is proud of you... :cheers:

1. Pick an item that you don't care if you never see again. - It's possible it won't get mailed back to you

2. Write a BRIEF note to the band asking for an autograph. (1-2 short paragraphs are more than enough)

3. Get a pre-paid return mailer and make sure to address it to where you'd like it sent

4. About 2 weeks before the show mail the package with all items included to the venue of your choice.

This gives you the best chance although there are no guarantees.

• Like 1

thanks guys! This is exactly what I needed! (I appreciate the kind post as well!) I am so incredibly grateful and appreciate your helping me making my father smile! I have a few spare CD's of theres (we have multiple copies in this family) so I'll probably send those. (Their book is too heavy and I wouldn't risk the vinyl we just bought him lol).

Thanks again so much! I know this was naive of me but wanted to make sure I got it right!

• Like 1

I've read it's best to send only one item. I'm wanting to do this as well. I want my space shuttle shaped Countdown/New World Man picture disc signed but am weary that it may get damaged or lost. If they'd just let me drive over to the venue and drop it off day before or day of show, then pick it up the next day, I'd be just thrilled. Definitely call or email the venue(s) where you plan to make the attempt(s).

A couple of things to remember--the return packaging must have stamps on it, because a printed postage label is only valid if the returned item is mailed on the same date the label is printed, which is impossible. Also, if you want your dad's name on the autograph instead of yours, mail it as if he sent it, otherwise they might personalize it to you if the tour manager doesn't have time to read your whole note (I impersonated my buddy and addressed the return package directly to his address when doing similarly for him last tour--worked like a charm). And, as said above you don't have to send to a local venue, it can be any stop on the tour as long as the venue forwards mail to the tour manager--email or call the venue. Lastly, if you really are determined, pick a very early date on the tour, so that if your item gets lost or comes back unsigned, you can try again or resend it to a later tour stop.

It's not necessary to send a note. They'll know what you're sending it for, and doubtful they'd even read it.

I am going to try this myself this time around. Can someone just narrow down the venues where you are most likely to be successful? (Only venues on this tour, of course). Thanks,

Sorry if I am repeating, I think someone put this link up before, but it is the link to the autograph thread for the CA tour. It is around 20 pages but it has really good instructions about how to mail any items and also has a lot of feedback about what venues did and didn't mail items back on that tour, maybe it will help! I do remember specifically that a few people said DON'T mail anything to Philly- Wells Fargo Center- that they did and never heard anything back. . . just because that one is kind of near me . . . . Best idea is what others have said, when you decide what venue, call or email them to be sure they forward mail to the artists. . . . Good Luck :)

http://www.therushfo...954-autographs/

Edited by blueschica
  • Like 1

I do remember specifically that a few people said DON'T mail anything to Philly- Wells Fargo Center- that they did and never heard anything back

Wells Fargo Center? Is that what the Spectrum is called these days?

(Only show I've ever seen in Philly was at the Tower Theater, so I'm not hip to what the other places have been renamed over the years...just wondered).

I do remember specifically that a few people said DON'T mail anything to Philly- Wells Fargo Center- that they did and never heard anything back

(Only show I've ever seen in Philly was at the Tower Theater, so I'm not hip to what the other places have been renamed over the years...just wondered).

Kind of! The Wells Fargo Center (name now, has had like 3 other names, depending on corporate sponsor of the month) is a newer building that took over for the Spectrum about 18? yrs ago. It has the Flyers and 76ers games and indoor stuff. The original Spectrum (and the Vet Stadium,) were demolished about 10 yrs ago to make room for the new Phillies ball park and new Eagles stadium. Tower Theater sounds cool. I lived in Pittsburgh and Denver for my big concert viewing years so saw most of my shows there, although there was a memorable one at the old Agora in Cleveland as well (not Rush, unfortunately!)

Kind of! The Wells Fargo Center (name now, has had like 3 other names, depending on corporate sponsor of the month) is a newer building that took over for the Spectrum about 18? yrs ago. It has the Flyers and 76ers games and indoor stuff. The original Spectrum (and the Vet Stadium,) were demolished about 10 yrs ago to make room for the new Phillies ball park and new Eagles stadium. Tower Theater sounds cool. I lived in Pittsburgh and Denver for my big concert viewing years so saw most of my shows there, although there was a memorable one at the old Agora in Cleveland as well (not Rush, unfortunately!)

True, I do seen to remember vaguely now that the Spectrum was torn down.

I live about nine or ten hours from Philly by car, but I've traveled all over to see various shows. I'm a big proponent of small theaters over arena rock.

But when it comes to Rush, I'll go wherever they're playing.

• Like 1