• Permanent Waves
    • Moving Pictures
    • Signals
    • Grace Under Pressure
    • Power Windows
    • Hold Your Fire
    • Clockwork Angels

Im deciding between HYF and PW

I love Power Windows, but if you vote for Hold Your Fire...

Well...there's no telling what I might do.

:rage:

• Like 1

HYF or Power Windows should go, but with the efforts of the anti-hard rock music brigade, CoS will probably go. Those that vote against CoS are probably the same ones who were happy when Tipper Gore and the Parents Music Resource Center tried to stop loud and scary music from being sold in stores. Edited by LedRush
  • Like 4

You still have made a choice...

A line from a song that's probably among my top ten favorite Rush songs ever.

Even if I do vote in this round, I can tell you it won't be Permanent Waves. ;)

Edited by Blue J

Power Windows, but my vote is subject to change. Depending on what the day brings.

Ditto.

Remember the deal? You would team with me on one once counterparts bit the dust? Its time for Clockwork Angels

HYF or Power Windows should go, but with the efforts of the anti-hard rock music brigade, CoS will probably go.

I like good Hard Rock such as Fly By Night, 2112, AFTK and Hemispheres.

CA easy. For the sh*t production alone if nothing else... :)

But Narps . . . they rock! They rock, man! Guitars! Heavy guitars! Headlong Flight!! Headlong Flight!! Where on Hold Your Fire is anything remotely like Headlong Flight?

• Like 4

Was gonna vote for CoS anyway since I only like Fountain of Lamneth.

Now it's a strategic vote to save Clockwork Angels. Production be damned, those songs ROCK.

Edited by BowlCity
  • Like 1

But Narps . . . they rock! They rock, man! Guitars! Heavy guitars! Headlong Flight!! Headlong Flight!! Where on Hold Your Fire is anything remotely like Headlong Flight?

I get that and less than a year ago I would have voted for HYF long before now but I really think I like it better than CA. The opening 8 anyway... :huh:

Listen everybody. Where is your rockin' soul? Why are you so caught up in "production values"? You sound like my mother! Clockwork Angels ROCKS. Oh, boo hoo, production values! Wall of noise! Brickwall! Too much layering! Sniffle, sniffle, cry me a river. The album rocks. Yeah, but Neil isn't playing like he used to. Boo frickin' hoo. I'm so sorry he turned 60 and can't play up to your standards.

:codger: :codger: :codger: :codger: :codger: :codger: :codger: :codger: :codger:

• Like 2

I get that and less than a year ago I would have voted for HYF long before now but I really think I like it better than CA. The opening 8 anyway... :huh:

Whereas you get 11 songs of pure hard prog :haz: (BU2B2 doesn't count)

Which about 6 are really good...

Well, okay. Sigh. Just checkin'. You still da man.

• Like 1

Listen everybody. Where is your rockin' soul? Why are you so caught up in "production values"? You sound like my mother! Clockwork Angels ROCKS. Oh, boo hoo, production values! Wall of noise! Brickwall! Too much layering! Sniffle, sniffle, cry me a river. The album rocks. Yeah, but Neil isn't playing like he used to. Boo frickin' hoo. I'm so sorry he turned 60 and can't play up to your standards.

:codger: :codger: :codger: :codger: :codger: :codger: :codger: :codger: :codger:

What rocks about CA? Sounds like a wall of static. The guitars are buried. The drums are muffled. The only thing that really sticks out is the bass and it's got so much gain that it just adds to the distortion. Headlong Flight is a good song but it would improve greatly if it were produced by someone who doesn't have a tin ear.

• Like 2

Which about 10 are really good...Wish Them Well isn't that great

:yes: