Trek Geeks: Picard's most Kirk Like Moments

JohnRogers

When he was doinking Vash the not-so-honest archaeologist.....:LOL:

So what would be considered a Kirk-like moment? Womanizing? Bad acting? Pausing in the middle of sentences?
  • Like 3

So what would be considered a Kirk-like moment...Bad acting...Pausing in the middle of sentences?

Don't mock The Shat a great American institution...from Canada. ;)

• Like 2

So what would be considered a Kirk-like moment...Bad acting...Pausing in the middle of sentences?

Don't mock The Shat a great American institution...from Canada. ;)

It wasnt a mock, it was a real question. Sort of. :P

In the dream/flashback in Violations, Picard is wearing a wig.

I suppose you could say that was Kirk-like

Only watched the original series (over and over and over I might add) so I wouldn't know. Just the way I am... :codger:

So what would be considered a Kirk-like moment? Womanizing? Bad acting? Pausing in the middle of sentences?

:laughing guy: .... Nice one
  • Like 1

Only watched the original series (over and over and over I might add) so I wouldn't know. Just the way I am... :codger:

That's a shame. TNG is a great series.

• Like 1

That's a shame. TNG is a great series.

I'm sure it is...

http://i.imgur.com/9VHIf.jpg

As funny as it is, he's violated the prime directive plenty of times. By the time data was on trial to see whether he was property or not it was mentioned he violated it nine times.

http://i.imgur.com/9VHIf.jpg

As funny as it is, he's violated the prime directive plenty of times. By the time data was on trial to see whether he was property or not it was mentioned he violated it nine times.

But I bet it wasn't for the same reasons that Kirk would have violated it, e.g. a woman.

< image removed>

But I bet it wasn't for the same reasons that Kirk would have violated it, e.g. a woman.

Nah. He did it for unimportant things like morality. This fool of a captain... always trying to do what's right instead of trying to do the women.

< image removed>

Nah. He did it for unimportant things like morality. This fool of a captain... always trying to do what's right instead of trying to do the women.

I guess that's why so many women have the hots for Picard/Patrick Stewart. :)

< image removed>

I have the hots for Shatner :ph34r:

• Like 1

< image removed>

I have the hots for Shatner :ph34r:

The current day version or the OS version? :D

In the episode Starship Mine, Picard goes all Kirk like. He alone must save the ship, bitch slaps people around to do it, grabs weapons to fight off intruders, and he is wearing clothing to emphasize his toned body.

Normally Picard would have at least an internal debate whether it was right to enter Worf’s quarters with out his permission and seize his weapons.

• Like 1

In the episode Starship Mine, Picard goes all Kirk like. He alone must save the ship, bitch slaps people around to do it, grabs weapons to fight off intruders, and he is wearing clothing to emphasize his toned body.

Normally Picard would have at least an internal debate whether it was right to enter Worf’s quarters with out his permission and seize his weapons.

Was that the episode with that other creepy captain?

Almost anything from First Contact, probably a big reason I enjoy that film is Picard channeling his inner-Kirk.
  • Like 1

He's very much like Kirk through all of Insurrection. A very underrated Trek movie, I add.

Also, in "Who Watches the Watchers", his willingness to take an arrow to the chest in order to save face is pretty reminiscent of Kirk. Kind of a "break the rules, accept the consequences" moment.

Also, standing by Worf's side through the discommondation/redemption arc, he had moments of extreme bad assedness.

Edited by KenJennings
  • Like 3