TRF Appreciation Thread

Lorraine

Soon we will have to take our seats and await their speeches.

:popcorn:

http://us.123rf.com/450wm/yeletkeshet/yeletkeshet1308/yeletkeshet130800002/21420933-seamless-pattern-with-cartoon-people.jpg

That's a good picture. We are all there and accounted for.

The one there with the baby is definitely inappropriate. :LOL:

:rfl: Didn't we just have a thread about that very thing? There is always one in the crowd...
  • Like 1

http://us.123rf.com/450wm/yeletkeshet/yeletkeshet1308/yeletkeshet130800002/21420933-seamless-pattern-with-cartoon-people.jpg

Disk98's stepmother must have snuck in.

:laughing guy: :rfl: :LMAO: .... Needed that one bad. Pretty gloomy day in Myrtle Beach SC today...
  • Like 3

:laughing guy: :rfl: :LMAO: .... Needed that one bad. Pretty gloomy day in Myrtle Beach SC today...

Gloomy? Let me tell you about gloomy.... :LOL:

• Like 1

:laughing guy: True I suppose. You ladies are on fire today btw... :cheers:

:laughing guy: True I suppose. You ladies are on fire today btw... :cheers:

:fury:

• Like 1

And since it is Mike's "second" anniversary, as a gift I was contemplating having select SOCN posts printed out and bound and putting a big bow on it and presenting it to Mike!

He can thank me later, and long after he downs a bottle of Maalox.

:)

And since it is Mike's "second" anniversary, as a gift I was contemplating having select SOCN posts printed out and bound and putting a big bow on it and presenting it to Mike!

I was just curious if you know perhaps or someone else surely does how Mike has had so much to do with the TRF but it is only his 2nd anniversary? Just curious if someone could clue me in on that one. Thanks in advance... :) Edited by Narpsberg

I was just curious if you know perhaps or someone else surely does how Mike has had so much to do with the TRF but it is only his 2nd anniversary? Just curious if someone could clue me in on that one. Thanks in advance... :)

He's RushRevisited.

• Like 1

I was just curious if you know perhaps or someone else surely does how Mike has had so much to do with the TRF but it is only his 2nd anniversary? Just curious if someone could clue me in on that one. Thanks in advance... :)

He's RushRevisited.

Good to know. Thanks. I am only allowed one username as far as I know... ;)

Just a thread to have the chance to acknowledge those that we have to thank for the existence of The Rush Forum.

Seeing that today is the anniversary of Mike 2112 gave me the idea to start such a thread. It is my understanding that the idea to create a Rush forum originated with him.

Correct. It was all Mike's idea to start this. We simply wouldn't be here without him, and we wouldn't have lasted this long or became as "big" without his expertise and generosity during the first several years.

He's RushRevisited.

Yep. Mike a.k.a.RushRevisited owns the member number of "1" -- he was this board's very first member account from back on August 22, 2004.

Years later, Mike wanted out of the day-to-day job of helping to run the board, and wanted out of hosting (he had the server in his basement, which was time-consuming and expensive to maintain), and he just wanted to participate here as a normal member. So with that in mind he retired as admin RushRevisited, handed over the hosting job to me, and he created Mike2112.

• Like 2

Just a thread to have the chance to acknowledge those that we have to thank for the existence of The Rush Forum.

Seeing that today is the anniversary of Mike 2112 gave me the idea to start such a thread. It is my understanding that the idea to create a Rush forum originated with him.

Correct. It was all Mike's idea to start this. We simply wouldn't be here without him, and we wouldn't have lasted this long or became as "big" without his expertise and generosity during the first several years.

He's RushRevisited.

Yep. Mike a.k.a.RushRevisited owns the member number of "1" -- he was this board's very first member account from back on August 22, 2004.

Years later, Mike wanted out of the day-to-day job of helping to run the board, and wanted out of hosting (he had the server in his basement, which was time-consuming and expensive to maintain), and he just wanted to participate here as a normal member. So with that in mind he retired as admin RushRevisited, handed over the hosting job to me, and he created Mike2112.

:clap:

http://media1.giphy.com/media/etmqZvzyywRRS/giphy.gif

• Like 1

HAPPY 2nd ANNIVERSARY TO THE HEAD HONCHO 73!

Thank you for the explanation. I didn't know the whole story.

And thank you for picking up the reins and keeping this place going, often at, I would imagine, great cost and personal sacrifice.

Just so you know that all that are involved and your efforts are appreciated very much.

Edited by Lorraine
  • Like 3

Thank you for the explanation. I didn't know the whole story.

And thank you for picking up the reins and keeping this place going, often at, I would imagine, great cost and personal sacrifice.

Just so you know that all that are involved and your efforts are appreciated very much.

^^^^ This... :clap: :clap: :dweez: :dweez:
  • Like 1

Even though everyone is a 90% jerk, you're all wonderful :)
  • Like 2

It's not?

It's got to be your second anniversary of SOMETHING?

Errr, since you last saw me? Oh, nope - it's been longer than 2 years :tsk:

Ummmm since you had to survive a horrible Hurricane? (ahemSANDY) oh - Nuhunh - it's hasn't quite been 2 years since that (has it?)

Hmmmmmm - I give up ~

How many licks does it take to get to the tootsie roll center of a tootsie pop?

http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee127/tnunu/tootsiepopowl.png

• Like 1

I'm 73! It's not my 2nd anniversary! :LOL:

But you said that two years ago Mike stepped down. :unsure:

Wouldn't that mean that you took over?

So that would be two years.

If not, what am I missing aside from a working brain?

Maybe I should just forget the whole thing......

Edited by Lorraine

The 3 admin shared the responsibility of the board - at that time Mike was hosting and 73 took over. He wasn't promoted or anything.

Actually, it was probably a demotion having to take over the extra workload of server updates and whatnot that Mike so selflessly did for the first years of TRF.

I, for one, am probably one of the luckiest that TRF happened~it's all win for me.

Those that know, know why.

• Like 3

Narp, how did you find a picture of me?! :LOL:

• Like 1

I'm looking for the cute one with hair to her knees and I'm not seeing her? Which one is you?... :)

The cute one with the pigtails?

Edited by Narpsberg
  • Like 1

The 3 admin shared the responsibility of the board - at that time Mike was hosting and 73 took over. He wasn't promoted or anything.

Actually, it was probably a demotion having to take over the extra workload of server updates and whatnot that Mike so selflessly did for the first years of TRF.

I, for one, am probably one of the luckiest that TRF happened~it's all win for me.

Those that know, know why.

A level of WIN far higher than any other. :cheers:

• Like 1

I'm looking for the cute one with hair to her knees and I'm not seeing her? Which one is you?... :)

The cute one with the pigtails?

The redhead with dark brown eyes and rose-coloured glasses toward the bottom! All that hair twisted up into my signature "studio bun." And you found a rare image of me without glasses on my face, nicely done :LOL:

Edit: Although the one with pigtails and a Popsicle looks like me as a child!

Edited by bean-tor
  • Like 1