Happy Texas Independence Day

tx_rush

Cool Fact -March 2nd, 1836, 59 men signed the Texas's Declaration of Independence from Mexico - Including men from England, Canada, Scotland, and Ireland.

An excerpt from the Declaration

When a government has ceased to protect the lives, liberty and property of the people, from whom its legitimate powers are derived, and for the advancement of whose happiness it was instituted, and so far from being a guarantee for the enjoyment of those inestimable and inalienable rights, becomes an instrument in the hands of evil rulers for their oppression.

Edited by tx_rush
  • Like 3

Cool Fact -March 2nd, 1936, 59 men signed the Texas's Declaration of Independence from Mexico - Including men from England, Canada, Scotland, and Ireland.

When a government has ceased to protect the lives, liberty and property of the people, from whom its legitimate powers are derived, and for the advancement of whose happiness it was instituted, and so far from being a guarantee for the enjoyment of those inestimable and inalienable rights, becomes an instrument in the hands of evil rulers for their oppression.

Based on the quote above, methinks it's time to bail. Let me know when you're ready to run for President of the Republic of Texas. I'll be your campaign manager! :cheerleader:

• Like 3

Cool Fact -March 2nd, 1936, 59 men signed the Texas's Declaration of Independence from Mexico - Including men from England, Canada, Scotland, and Ireland.

Based on the quote above, methinks it's time to bail. Let me know when you're ready to run for President of the Republic of Texas. I'll be your campaign manager! :cheerleader:

Sounds like a plan to me!

Bad idea. He'll have the Pirates transferred down to Texas in his first year.

• Like 1

Bad idea. He'll have the Pirates transferred down to Texas in his first year.

Meh... that's fine. San Antonio needs a baseball team. The San Antonio Pirates has a nice ring to it.

• Like 1