I guess I've been under a rock ~ Paul McCartney Died in '66?

sundog

http://breakingdownthnews.blogspot.no/2015/02/former-beatle-ringo-starr-claims-real.html

I have no idea if there is any truth to this or not - if it is true, it could be the biggest Wool Sock covering the World's proverbial eyes. If not, it makes a great story!

This site could be nothing more than an Onion wannabe - I just don't know. I DO know, this is the 2nd time I've heard about it in the last 24 hours.

So, my knowledgeable friends..... Please Discuss.

If not, it makes a great story!

It's a great piece of satire! :haz: :haz:

• Like 2

I want to say there have been books written about this. They usually run alongside stories people have claiming that they've seen Elvis still alive...(check out youtube and there's an interesting video of someone claiming that Elvis was an extra in the movie Home Alone)
  • Like 2

I want to say there have been books written about this. They usually run alongside stories people have claiming that they've seen Elvis still alive...(check out youtube and there's an interesting video of someone claiming that Elvis was an extra in the movie Home Alone)

Oooh, I never heard that one either. WTF, I guess I am just oblivious. :huh:

Macca's on the conspiracy theorists' ever growing list that they either died on purpose and put in a fake or they faked their death. As pointed out already, Elvis, then JFK, Marilyn Monroe, and Cobain I've also heard.
  • Like 1

you never heard of the paul is dead bullshit?

according to the book I own, paul died in a car accident in 66, they replaced him with a guy named billy shears, and then left a bunch of little clues in their music. the guy holding his hand over paul's head on sgt pepper, the headless baby next to paul on the original cover of yesterday and today, "I...BURIED...PAUL," etc

• Like 1

This little Canadian Girl - sheltered from all conspiracy.

Fascinated none the less at the details listed. I would really love to read the papers the College student wrote regarding the death details outlined in the Sgt Pepper album....

Of all the famous rumors about who is dead/not dead, the one I could actually believe is Jim Morrison. He was smart enough to pull it off....!! :LOL:
  • Like 1

I think the biggest theory like that of my generation was the whole Tupac Shakur thing...about 2 or 3 years ago there was a video going around of what appeared to be Tupac hiding out in Sweden or something that really had me convinced...the age progression was right, the tattoos, the voice...I tried to find it recently and it's nowhere to be found.
  • Like 1

I love this conspiracy theory, and looking for all the so-called clues in the album covers and lyrics.

McCartney himself even got in on the act, to poke fun at it.

One of the clues on the Abbey Road cover is the number plate reading 28if, because that's how old he would have been "if he didn't die". On the cover of Paul is Live, also showing the Abbey Road crossing, the number plate this time reads 51is, because that was how old he was at the time :LOL:

• Like 2

Don't wanna seem too cynical, but the alleged look-like was then present in the best Beatles' albums and he greatly entertained us in the last 50 yrs.

I can easily live with that and it would have been better if it happened to many supposed artists!

• Like 1

I'm not even that big of a Beatles fan and even I knew about the whole "Paul is dead" thing. I can't remember a time where I didn't know about this and I was born several years after they broke up. I just figured it was one of those legends in the music world that was common knowledge.

I knew about the 'Paul is dead' thing, years back, yeah.

Based on how his voice sounds now, I wouldn't be surprised if he had died and been secretly replaced any number of times since 1966.

Based on how his voice sounds now, I wouldn't be surprised if he had died and been secretly replaced any number of times since 1966.

Keith Richards has been dead since then too. They just keep carting out the old dead one though. No need to replace him.

• Like 3

Keith Richards has been dead since then too. They just keep carting out the old dead one though. No need to replace him.

That explains why he looks the way he does.

• Like 3