Rerecord old songs

grasbo

Don't know if this has been bought up before but what songs do you think Rush should rerecord with the help of (horrors) modern production.I mentioned in a another thread Fountain of Lamneth.It has a flat sounding production and could be rewritten due to some weak sections.

The first album, with Neil on drums.

It would the only choiche that has some sense.

With other bands it could be interesting listening maybe to the aproach of a different guitarist, but thank God this is not the case.

And almost always the originals end up being raped!

• Like 1

Take great songs and ruin them with a down-tempo and endless layers of guitar and vocal tracks...? No thanks, I'll stick with the originals.
  • Like 6

Take great songs and ruin them with a down-tempo and endless layers of guitar and vocal tracks...? No thanks, I'll stick with the originals.

:goodone: Agreed...

I'd like to see them do a show where they play the entire Rush album with Neil... kind of like Dream Theater did with their first album and James LaBrie.

I would have said yes to this about 25-30 years ago, but not today. No way Geddy could handle the vocals on this album anymore. He struggles with Working Man as it is.

• Like 1

What i really meant by this topic and using Fountain of Lamneth as an example is using the instruments of the era but using the recording technology of today,sought of like they did with Feedback.Heaven forbid if they did Fountain and it were to be overcooked with acres of keyboards,zillions of guitar tracks and electronic drums.Another angle is if they stripped some of the keyboard drenched stuff and played it as a power trio of just guitar,bass and drums.My band did it with Show Dont Tell where i played the keyboard solo on guitar.Perhaps i might be upsetting people by mucking up history and i wouldn't dare mess with Moving Pictures,Power Windows or Grace Under Pressure but some of their lesser moments could be better.Agreed it will never happen and Geddy's voice aint the best anymore.

I'd like to see them do a show where they play the entire Rush album with Neil... kind of like Dream Theater did with their first album and James LaBrie.

I would have said yes to this about 25-30 years ago, but not today. No way Geddy could handle the vocals on this album anymore. He struggles with Working Man as it is.

Ya think that would be bad...if he tried to sing "Scream out desperation....BUT...No one care to hear...." from No One at the Bridge....he's blow out BOTH testicles...and Alex's!

• Like 1

I would like to hear Hold Your Fire remixed as a "keyboard naked album" - just drums, bass, guitar and vocals. Maybe the bass could be re-recorded with a real bass, not that Wal-Mart thing.

It occurs to me, though, that without keyboards there might be too many sections of dead silence . . .

• Like 1

I would like to hear Hold Your Fire remixed as a "keyboard naked album" - just drums, bass, guitar and vocals. Maybe the bass could be re-recorded with a real bass, not that Wal-Mart thing.

It occurs to me, though, that without keyboards there might be too many sections of dead silence . . .

the wal rules! the music HYF doesn't call for heavy metal bass madness

there would definitely be some moments where there's no sound, yeah

Edited by bathory