Circumstances - Sega Genesis edition

The Analog Cub

I've heard a lot of gamified versions of songs and some are good, some are awful. A big part of that is probably because the song isn't written where it would be possible to make it sound good when gamified.

However I found this and it is nothing short of fantastic.

• Like 2

Destroying a great song...

I've never seen any sort of bit-cover as a disgrace to the original so long as it's in key and produced well enough... There's no destruction going on here, it's just translating the song into a different format. Personally I love 8 bit covers of songs because it makes it much easier for me to learn to play songs (if I'm going by ear). If you'd like a Rush song destroyed or you,

. Edited by Mr. Not
  • Like 2

I've never seen any sort of bit-cover as a disgrace to the original so long as it's in key and produced well enough... There's no destruction going on here, it's just translating the song into a different format. Personally I love 8 bit covers of songs because it makes it much easier for me to learn to play songs (if I'm going by ear). If you'd like a Rush song destroyed or you,

before I click, that BETTER be either mindless self indulgence's tom sawyer or dream theater's passage to bangkok

edit: it's even scarier! aaaahgh

Edited by bathory

8 bits?!? The Genesis/Mega Drive didn't go to five years of blast processing school to be called 8 bit.

Good day, sir!

• Like 2

8 bits?!? The Genesis/Mega Drive didn't go to five years of blast processing school to be called 8 bit.

Good day, sir!

Don't worry, I was referring to NES.

might be looked at as a desecration even though some can argue that the said song isn't a good Rush song to begin with. As for that Circumstance Sega Genesis edition? I think it's awesome! I don't see how one would come to the conclusion that it's disgraceful to the original considering that we're talking about it being translated to a different format as Mr.Not alluded to. Edited by PolarizeMe

before I click, that BETTER be either mindless self indulgence's tom sawyer or dream theater's passage to bangkok

I'd never seen DT's Bangkok before. Jesus Christ

If you think this is destroying the song then you're just not getting it.

How dare you address the Crowned Prince in such a manner! What the Prince says goes, no exceptions!
  • Like 1

Yeah, if I never heard of DT's original material before I would've had no interest in ever listening to their music. Actually that Bangkok cover was my first exposure to DT but it definitely painted an unfavorable impression of the band on me for a good 4 years.

• Like 1

Yeah, if I never heard of DT's original material before I would've had no interest in ever listening to their music. Actually that Bangkok cover was my first exposure to DT but it definitely painted an unfavorable impression of the band on me for a good 4 years.

The vocals are atrocious. They do much better with the Necromancer.

• Like 2

His vocals are pretty atrocious in general, especially when he tries to do Geddy! Geddy did Bangkok infinitely better on the Snakes Tour. Their Necromancer cover is pretty cool though, bad vocals though
  • Like 3

His vocals are pretty atrocious in general, especially when he tries to do Geddy! Geddy did Bangkok infinitely better on the Snakes Tour. Their Necromancer cover is pretty cool though, bad vocals though

Yes I completely agree. Vocals are the least importantant element of music for me though, so i still really like DT, even though I don't care for his voice.

Edited by Empty Mindless Spectre

Good day, sir!

Don't worry, I was referring to NES.

HE SAID GOOD DAY

• Like 1

I found a nice recording of DT doing Different Strings back in the mid 90's. Have it somewhere on my computer back home.