The Fountain Of Lamneth VS 2112 VS Cygnus X-1 Book II: Hemispheres

YYZumbi

65 members have voted

1. 1. What is the best song between these three?

• The Fountain Of Lamneth
    • Cygnus X-1 Book II: Hemispheres

2112>>Hemispheres>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>TFOL

This still. 2112 is still to great and iconic to not place in the top spot.... :codger:
  • Like 1

2112 is brilliant......i listened to it yesterday. but i think and........stress again that i love it. but there are laggy spots. like The Dream and The Oracle drag just a hair. Luckily the wonderful Grand Finale kicks in.

Mick

The other two songs are crap next to 2112.

There. Much better.

You probably listen to pop music.

I don't. I hate it.

Not a fan of anything Rush released from 1980 - 1996? :LOL:
  • Like 1

Wow, I thought 2112 would be running away with this! I'm sure if this poll were conducted at TRRFF it would be.

TRRFF? What is that?

Some imaginary place where all members of the Rush Forum have developed a mild stutter?

:huh:

Fountain is one of the bottom 20 or so Rush songs. Hemispheres is ok, fine, decent. Nothing really bad about it but nothing really great about it either. Its a good song. But nothing very special. 2112 is, to my ears, the best song Rush has done.

2112 gets my vote by a wide margin of Hemispheres and by a country mile over Fountain.

Close but Hemispheres for me over 2112.I have never heard it live.Anyone recommend a good source for a good live Hemispheres.Fountain of Lamneth lacks cohesiveness.A lot of good ideas and not so good ideas coming across as disjointed.I would love to see them revisit it and rerecord it.But then they could ruin with overblown production.

2112 is a close close second but they still sound like kids on that one. fountain is awesome, but it's too ambitious for its own good. they tried really hard to shove all their influences into one song and create an epic, whereas 2112 and hemispheres sound more natural, less forced. imo of course, these aren't facts of life

The other two songs are crap next to 2112.

There. Much better.

You probably listen to pop music.

I don't. I hate it.

Not a fan of anything Rush released from 1980 - 1996? :LOL:

There are only six songs I dislike from that time period.

Just the fact that there is discussion about these 3 songs is a testament to how consistently great RUSH is ... By all accounts, 2112 is a bona fide classic song, and the fact that RUSH have other, epic songs that fans deem equal ( or better ) is an amazing statement to how music potent RUSH was .. A truly inspired, and inspiring, band ...

With that said, I am going with 2112 by a hair over HEMISPHERES ... Fountain is close though too

If we include Cygnus X1 Book 1, then I would go with that - the A FAREWELL TO KINGS Cygnus is one of my all time favorite pieces of music, regardless of era or genre

god, I love these guys :D

Edited by Lucas
  • Like 1

With that said, I am going with 2112 by a hair over HEMISPHERES ... Fountain is close though too

Correct... :cheers:

Hemispheres is my favorite Rush album but I've got to give it to the masterpiece, 2112.
  • Like 1