5 hour show? Do you believe this?

iglehart

Here is a quote from a web site about Geddy's visit to VH1 on Feb 21st.

In fact, he admitted that they’ve got more songs in mind — well before the editing process really begins — than can possibly fit into the show, estimating that it would be about five hours long at this point.

Is a 5 hour show realistic?

Read More: Geddy Lee on Rush's Upcoming 'Last Big Tour': 'We Have to Slow Down Dramatically' | http://ultimateclass...ackback=tsmclip

The career-spanning R40 Live tour is set to hit 34 North American cities this summer. Lee said the trio is taking the responsibility of representing their four decades of musicmaking very seriously. In fact, he admitted that they’ve got more songs in mind — well before the editing process really begins — than can possibly fit into the show, estimating that it would be about five hours long at this point.

Edited by iglehart

Ahh, I read that wrong. That makes sense. Damn I should have realized that. Just hoping I guess.

The one thing that really sucks about this is that if there are going to be a series of short tours after R40, getting tickets will be an even BIGGER pain in the f***ing ass.

No. A five hour show would kill them at this point. It's not realistic.

I think they could do ONE five hour show, with lots of breaks throughout, but they couldn't do a whole tour's worth. maybe if they only did a show every 2 weeks.

• Like 3

It's exciting that they're considering that much music. I think we might end up seeing a lot more variance between A, B, and possibly C sets. I wonder how many things will make the cut because they aren't planning on touring on this scale again.
  • Like 2

It's exciting that they're considering that much music. I think we might end up seeing a lot more variance between A, B, and possibly C sets. I wonder how many things will make the cut because they aren't planning on touring on this scale again.

Agreed. I'm thinking a good quarter of the song slots could be A-B types.

Not only do I not believe it, I wouldn't want to attend a 5 hour show unless I can sit down. My back muscles cramp up when standing for too long, so 3 hours felt like torture. Love Rush but my body briefed a sigh of relief when the show was over, and I could take some long strolls again :P
  • Like 1

good point.... and who doesn't like pizza?!?

The one thing that really sucks about this is that if there are going to be a series of short tours after R40, getting tickets will be an even BIGGER pain in the f***ing ass.

But thats what will make it more challenging. :D :rush:

I did not hear the interview and do have memory problems, wait did I see it? Now I can't remember.

I did not hear the interview and do have memory problems, wait did I see it? Now I can't remember.

Geddy said that the 5 hours set-list now will be reduce in April at the band's rehearsal... It's only a e-mail set list now, not a definitive one. If they play a 5 hours show, there going to end the tour after a week by suffering from exhaustion

Edited by rugen

It would be amazing if they learned all of the songs and constructed unique setlists every night.

That would be a smart thing for them to do. Get people to buy more tickets to hear different songs each venue. As much as I doubt they'd do this, it would be cool.

Maybe they should do a 5 hour show with all of the guys that used to be in the band, sort of like when Yes did the Union tour!

Oh wait...never mind....

"Who's that black guy playing with Rush?"

"Oh that's Jeff Jones, he was in the band for a month in 1968."

"Oh........"

No disrespect to Jeff Jones, great singer, good bassist.....but you gotta admit even if John Rutsey was still alive, we'd still get that kind of reaction.