The Necromancer

LedRush

I was thinking the other night about how wayward souls could dislike this amazing song, and I thought that perhaps people would embrace it more if there were an edit of the song in which the introductions to each section were removed from the song (as they were in 2112) and the underlying music for those sections were edited out as well. This would make the song about a minute shorter and let the music speak for itself more.

So can someone make this edit for me :D

• Like 2

I was thinking the other night about how wayward souls could dislike this amazing song, and I thought that perhaps people would embrace it more if there were an edit of the song in which the introductions to each section were removed from the song (as they were in 2112) and the underlying music for those sections were edited out as well. This would make the song about a minute shorter and let the music speak for itself more.

I have made that edit. It is better.

• Like 1

Can I hear it?

Can I hear it?

Send me a message.

I am really trying man. This and Jacob's Ladder are really hard for me to latch onto, but I am trying really hard for these two songs. Yeah if I heard that edit without the intros then that might be the catalyst I need.

They just need to edit so that the music isnt louder than the narration!

That song is a perfect lead for fountain, DONT CHANGE ANYTHING!!!!!

• Like 2

They just need to edit so that the music isnt louder than the narration!

That song is a perfect lead for fountain, DONT CHANGE ANYTHING!!!!!

I saw the volume of the narration as a choice to get everyone to listen at full volume so that when the music kicks in, you're rockin' out.

• Like 1

I've listened to it four times today each time liking it less. Then I listened to 2112 and was instantly happy and signing again. Is CoS the album that almost sank the band's young career?

I've listened to it four times today each time liking it less. Then I listened to 2112 and was instantly happy and signing again. Is CoS the album that almost sank the band's young career?

According to legend, yes it is. I think it's great, though.

CoS was WAY ahead of its time. It isn't Rush's fault that fans didn't know how to handle such a wonderful album at the time it was released. I was only 10 years old at the time, but if I had been old enough I would have slapped people silly for their lame reception of this fantastic, creative work of art. :bitchslap:

• Like 1

I don't know but CoS seems to come off a bit juvenile when compared with 2112.

Juvenile? More like embryonic. With defects.

That would probably be a better way of saying it, certainly more polite.

• Like 1

I did this last night and it's interesting to hear it without the narration. I'll have to give it a few more listens to decide for sure. :D

The Necromancer, like Cygnus X1 and Jacob's Ladder, is what RUSH is all about for me ... These songs take me someplace - listening to them is an experience .....

RUSH at their best - these songs allow the listener to catch a glimpse of something ambiguous, both in story and sound, which, perhaps ironically, makes me feel closer to the entire experience

• Like 5

I'm loving the edited version of The Necromancer. I feel kinda dirty for admitting that, but it is great.

Thanks, Toymaker.

• Like 1

Well, I thought about calling it a failed abortion, but that would be a bit rash. (Sorry if that term offends anyone! :))

I'm totally in for this!

Well, I thought about calling it a failed abortion, but that would be a bit rash. (Sorry if that term offends anyone! :))

I am completely offended.

Rash is a great band, as recent Rush concerts have proven.

• Like 1