The 45 minute album challenge! Cut out the filler.

gudbuytjane

Stupid thread....

I agree. :boo hiss: Take it all, or take none of it. Except Hemispheres—I'll take half of that.

Stupid post.

• Like 1

Stupid thread....

I agree. :boo hiss: Take it all, or take none of it. Except Hemispheres—I'll take half of that.

Stupid post.

I agree. Stupid poster too. Who does this guy think he is? :LOL:

• Like 1

Stupid thread....

Stupid post.

Oh shut it. :LOL:

Cut Prime Mover and Turn the Page from Hold Your Fire.

:o

Horrors!!

Kill him. It is the loving thing to do...

Vapor Trails would fit on a 45.

Wish I had thought of that one. That's very good. And true. :LOL:

Vapor Trails is great. For at least six reasons.

I love the remixed Vapor Trails, but it is too long a journey. I think it would have been better listen without The Stars Look Down and Nocturne, not that I hate them, but it's too much of the same vibe for 13 tracks.

And Sweet Miracle.

Clockwork Angels would have to be a double album. can't cut anything (other than BU2B2B2. Or whatever). Maybe they can fill some of the extra minutes with a few tracks from Vapor Trails. I concur that most of that album isn't that good.

Oh sure, it would mess up the "concept", but the concept is pretty stoooopid anyways....

Clem

BU2B2 and Wish Them Well

No. Just Tai Shan.

High Water is a good finale. points to future directions with Presto.

Which can only be good, right?

HYF and Presto are the last two sequential great Rush albums, with the last actual masterwork being the sublime and grossly underrated Vapor Trails.

:o

Horrors!!

My thoughts exactly! Those two songs are part of the 4- song run I consider to be the meat of the album: Prime Mover - Turn the Page :smoke: Edited by Geddy's Soul Patch

Let's maybe wait til Rush actually calls it quits before we go chopping songs out of their discography.. I'll never understand this thinking.. A Rush song someone doesn't like should still be allowed to exist because EVERY Rush tune has a fan somewhere.
  • Like 1

Stupid thread....

Stupid post.

:oops: I was referring to myself! Should have clarified. Sorry, Segue! :LOL:

• Like 1

Stupid thread....

Stupid post.

:oops: I was referring to myself! Should have clarified. Sorry, Segue! :LOL:

Oh shut it.

(Been in a right mood today!)

• Like 1

Let's maybe wait til Rush actually calls it quits before we go chopping songs out of their discography.. I'll never understand this thinking.. A Rush song someone doesn't like should still be allowed to exist because EVERY Rush tune has a fan somewhere.

I agree with you!

• Like 1

I agree with you!

Same. Although if we must, we can remove songs we dislike from playlists, but otherwise, no, variety is welcome!

Somewhere out there in the world is a sensitive soul, a person different from each one of us, who likes a Rush song that one or more of us hates. Are we going to deny that person a few minutes of happiness?

:rose: :bacon:

• Like 1

Somewhere out there in the world is a sensitive soul, a person different from each one of us, who likes a Rush song that one or more of us hates. Are we going to deny that person a few minutes of happiness?

I love Chain Lightning more than any other Rush song ever. And Tai Shan is a perfect 10/10 for me.

I love Chain Lightning more than any other Rush song ever. And Tai Shan is a perfect 10/10 for me.

My mouth has gone all dry and I'm getting a cramp . . . but I'm sticking with my original sentiment.

No, we're just talking about our own personal preferences.

As for Presto, I love that album...but I would say that Superconductor and Anagram are the clunkers. Bye-bye to them, and you have a perfectly more concise album.

• Like 1

No, we're just talking about our own personal preferences.

As for Presto, I love that album...but I would say that Superconductor and Anagram are the clunkers. Bye-bye to them, and you have a perfectly more concise album.

For me though it's Superconductor and Hand Over Fist. both completely dumb. Sue me......i love Anagram.

Mick