Why I Hate Moving Pictures

Lorraine

Moving Pictures wasn't long enough. I hate that about it.

Snakes & Arrows ought to satisfy you. But pack a lunch.

Hahaha, okay, even as someone who loves the album I had to laugh at that. :) It is so long. Why do new albums always have to be so long? I'm perfectly happy with, like, 40-45 minutes of music. Heck, many of my favourite albums are closer to 35, with a special few around 30. It seems like a case of "just because you can doesn't mean you have to." I wonder if MP's legacy would be different if it had 20 more minutes of forgettable filler.

The "pack a lunch" comes from Narps. Once I told him I was going to give the album a listen and that's what he told me: pack a lunch. So.....hat tip to Narps and his sense of humor.

I think they should just dispense from filler songs and stick with quality songs.

• Like 2

Witch hunt Was a great ol pee break at both shows i saw.

Mick

Not fishing for "likes" today I am guessing.... :LOL:
  • Like 2

Hahaha, okay, even as someone who loves the album I had to laugh at that. :) It is so long. Why do new albums always have to be so long? I'm perfectly happy with, like, 40-45 minutes of music. Heck, many of my favourite albums are closer to 35, with a special few around 30. It seems like a case of "just because you can doesn't mean you have to." I wonder if MP's legacy would be different if it had 20 more minutes of forgettable filler.

The "pack a lunch" comes from Narps. Once I told him I was going to give the album a listen and that's what he told me: pack a lunch. So.....hat tip to Narps and his sense of humor.

I think they should just dispense from filler songs and stick with quality songs.

Thanks my friend for the props.... :codger:
  • Like 2

Add me to the Witch Hunt witch hunt. :) Never liked the song. It just draaaaaaags.

i thought it was loved all around........i'mm feeling empowered now. lol

Mick

Me too. The Witch Hunt Empowerment Club!

Solidarity sister...... :cheers:

Mick

• Like 1

Add me to the Witch Hunt witch hunt. :) Never liked the song. It just draaaaaaags.

Mick

Mick

Mick, we'll have to get busy on developing another serum! :madra:

• Like 1

I hate it because it's not about elves or black holes.

You have to dig deep. Listen to the lyrics of YYZ. :hug2:

I have written a dissertation about The Camera Eye being about a cybernetic implant in the head of the android from The Body Electric.

I have written a dissertation about The Camera Eye being about a cybernetic implant in the head of the android from The Body Electric.

Just wish I had the intelligence to write a dissertation about anything.... :sigh: :blink:

:o

Stirring the pot, indeed...

Every song is a perfect nugget of Rushy goodness.

Except for Witch Hunt, maybe.

:outtahere:

I agree about Witch Hunt. Over-rated in my opinion. I used to like it a lot, but it has no real weight, so it is one of those songs that doesn't withstand the test of time. Like Ghost of a Chance.

I hate Witch Hunt................Suck it lol. Never fit with the rest of the record IMO

Mick

WHAT

WHAT

WHAT

WHAT

WHATHAHUTHAHubc;qeuqefvafvfvgiaouebgviouaboubworeuouiwbvvewaoweuvwbouvbaouvobuosbbuijvbsw

(dies of stroke)

:o

Stirring the pot, indeed...

Every song is a perfect nugget of Rushy goodness.

Except for Witch Hunt, maybe.

:outtahere:

I agree about Witch Hunt. Over-rated in my opinion. I used to like it a lot, but it has no real weight, so it is one of those songs that doesn't withstand the test of time. Like Ghost of a Chance.

I hate Witch Hunt................Suck it lol. Never fit with the rest of the record IMO

Mick

WHAT

WHAT

WHAT

WHAT

WHATHAHUTHAHubc;qeuqefvafvfvgiaouebgviouaboubworeuouiwbvvewaoweuvwbouvbaouvobuosbbuijvbsw

(dies of stroke)

Where is KennyLee with a fainting gif when you need one? The robot one would work great just about now....

Ouch on the Witch Hunt posts^^^^. The best lyrics ever and the song paints a picture. Just my opinion.... :)

I back you 100%. You and I are now Witch Hunt Ambassadors! Or . . . wait, maybe that's not a good title . . .

• Like 2

Mick

Mick

Mick, we'll have to get busy on developing another serum! :madra:

The Anti-Witch hunt serum.......hmmmmm........

"puts on lab coat"

Right on it.

Mick

• Like 1

And that was your 3000th post! :cheers:

I also like Snakes and Arrows a lot. But it could use a trim.

Witch Hunt drags? Man.

That said, the weakest track on MP is Vital Signs by a long shot. A throwaway on an otherwise perfect album.

Booooo!!!

:boo hiss:

• Like 3

I also like Snakes and Arrows a lot. But it could use a trim.

or CA which is longer, lol

Mick

Ouch on the Witch Hunt posts^^^^. The best lyrics ever and the song paints a picture. Just my opinion.... :)

Best lyrics ever? Interesting...up against things like Natural Science, or Between the Wheels, or...hmmm, any number of others?

Interesting.

I'm not saying they're subpar at all. Just not anything that stands out to me that much, compared to several of Neil's others.

Hey just my opinion as I stated.... Behold :madra:

http://cdn.tonefuse.com/overlay/uploads/images/da85bb413a48f8cdd3feb0a9f7e4abe9.png Play Music http://cdn.tonefuse.com/overlay/uploads/images/1d64ab1bb7315113c5647de42d17a2cb.png http://cdn.tonefuse.com/overlay/uploads/images/c56e288db2ce297a23bc2b80627143d8.png

"Witch Hunt"

The night is black

Without a moon

The air is thick and still

The vigilantes gather on

The lonely torch lit hill

Features distorted in the flickering light

The faces are twisted and grotesque

Silent and stern in the sweltering night

The mob moves like demons possessed

Quiet in conscience, calm in their right

Confident their ways are best

The righteous rise

With burning eyes

Of hatred and ill-will

Madmen fed on fear and lies

To beat and burn and kill

They say there are strangers who threaten us

In our immigrants and infidels

They say there is strangeness too dangerous

In our theaters and bookstore shelves

That those who know what's best for us

Must rise and save us from ourselves

Quick to judge

Quick to anger

Slow to understand

Ignorance and prejudice

And fear walk hand in hand...

Those lyrics seems to be timeless. Substitute witches with anything and it still applies.

Great song and I especially like the massive guitar sound. Even more live.

• Like 3