Why I Hate Moving Pictures

Lorraine

Ouch on the Witch Hunt posts^^^^. The best lyrics ever and the song paints a picture. Just my opinion.... :)
  • Like 10

I can't imagine such a thing but nothing surprises me around here anymore.... :eh:

Nothing surprises me either. If we have Hemispheres haters, we have Moving Picture haters as well.

Popcorn? :popcorn:

Don't mind if I do. :popcorn: Its exceptionally salty today so I need this too :d13: ....

I agree about Witch Hunt. Over-rated in my opinion. I used to like it a lot, but it has no real weight, so it is one of those songs that doesn't withstand the test of time. Like Ghost of a Chance.

Agreed...I can't call it a weak song, overall, but if I'm to pick any weak link at all on Moving Pictures, that's the one.

I used to say it was Vital Signs. But I flippin' love that song now.

Hmmm, and I like Ghost of a Chance as much as I always have.

But it's no Hemispheres.

• Like 1

Ouch on the Witch Hunt posts^^^^. The best lyrics ever and the song paints a picture. Just my opinion.... :)

Best lyrics ever? Interesting...up against things like Natural Science, or Between the Wheels, or...hmmm, any number of others?

Interesting.

I'm not saying they're subpar at all. Just not anything that stands out to me that much, compared to several of Neil's others.

Edited by Blue J
  • Like 2

Moving Pictures wasn't long enough. I hate that about it.

Well you see what happened later when their albums reached 60 minutes or so... :|
  • Like 1

Agreed it's to short I like the 60 minutes even I find signals and GUP and I'm listening to Power Windows and all way to short im like "two more songs pls" moving pictures is a work of art, a noticeable improvement from Permanent Waves, which is still to short, and although I love permanent waves and all the songs on it, but Jacobs ladder doesn't fit, still a great composition!

Best lyrics ever? Interesting...up against things like Natural Science, or Between the Wheels, or...hmmm, any number of others?

Interesting.

I'm not saying they're subpar at all. Just not anything that stands out to me that much, compared to several of Neil's others.

Hey just my opinion as I stated.... Behold :madra:

http://cdn.tonefuse.com/overlay/uploads/images/da85bb413a48f8cdd3feb0a9f7e4abe9.png Play Music http://cdn.tonefuse.com/overlay/uploads/images/1d64ab1bb7315113c5647de42d17a2cb.png http://cdn.tonefuse.com/overlay/uploads/images/c56e288db2ce297a23bc2b80627143d8.png

"Witch Hunt"

The night is black

Without a moon

The air is thick and still

The vigilantes gather on

The lonely torch lit hill

Features distorted in the flickering light

The faces are twisted and grotesque

Silent and stern in the sweltering night

The mob moves like demons possessed

Quiet in conscience, calm in their right

Confident their ways are best

The righteous rise

With burning eyes

Of hatred and ill-will

Madmen fed on fear and lies

To beat and burn and kill

They say there are strangers who threaten us

In our immigrants and infidels

They say there is strangeness too dangerous

In our theaters and bookstore shelves

That those who know what's best for us

Must rise and save us from ourselves

Quick to judge

Quick to anger

Slow to understand

Ignorance and prejudice

And fear walk hand in hand...

• Like 5

Witch hunt should be a classic, isn't it part of Fear? I've been trying to learn The enemy within God that song is awesome!!
  • Like 1

Snakes & Arrows ought to satisfy you. But pack a lunch.

Hahaha, okay, even as someone who loves the album I had to laugh at that. :) It is so long. Why do new albums always have to be so long? I'm perfectly happy with, like, 40-45 minutes of music. Heck, many of my favourite albums are closer to 35, with a special few around 30. It seems like a case of "just because you can doesn't mean you have to." I wonder if MP's legacy would be different if it had 20 more minutes of forgettable filler.

• Like 3

Snakes & Arrows ought to satisfy you. But pack a lunch.

Lol I love that about snakes and arrows!!! Your like oh nice that's a good album ender and there is like 3-4 more awesome songs Woo! That's an album I don't have to put on repeat like moving pictures or hemispheres, or signals, GUP hmm what else is to short?

• Like 1