At this point in their career, would any new song they could potentially put out...

fraroc

Ever use the word "fuc'k?". The whole idea for this topic came from me listening for Test For Echo and the song Dog Years.

"

Dog years...It's the season of the itch

Dog years...With every scratch it reappears

Dog years...For every sad son of a bitch

Dog years...With his tail between his ears"

The emphasis is on the word bitch for a reason, so Rush HAS used a curse word in a song already.

I don't expect that any member of Rush would ever use that word in a mean spirited manner to another person, they're definite too nice of guys to ever tell someone flat out, "fuc'k you", especially in a song, but I feel like it would be possible that they would use that word in a manner of emphasizing another theme. An example would be "I can't believe what the fuc'k just happened."

Yes I was bored today :P

No. It won't happen.

Definitely not. The only potential would be another word play, like calling a donkey an ass or some guy named Richard. But even there it will not happen.

It's not a curse word as used here. Or at least, it need not be one.

Exactly a little play on words, a phrase used as insult but referring to a female dog. Peart and the boys can do what they want but f**k is vulgar and I think Neil respects himself too much as a lyric writer to need such a device.

Curse words suck. Cheapens everyday speech, cheapens great artists music. Heresy and Dog Years suck regardless of the lame attempts at sounding hip.

Exactly a little play on words, a phrase used as insult but referring to a female dog. Peart and the boys can do what they want but f**k is vulgar and I think Neil respects himself too much as a lyric writer to need such a device.

If he respected himself as a lyric writer he would have donated half his work in the nineties to SNL.

Hilariously terrible lyrics, could be used for a potential Spinal Tap sequel.

If he respected himself as a lyric writer he would have donated half his work in the nineties to SNL.

"Well this piece is called Lick My Love Pump"

• Like 4

Its an amazing film!

• Like 1

Bitch = female dog... totally a scientific term! Completely in line with "The Professors" usual writings.

F--k on the other hand... I doubt any of them ever say it in real life! Those boys are too polite.

Edited by antiquark

Its an amazing film!

STOOOOOONEHENGE! WHERE THE DEMONS DWELL!

• Like 2

Bitch = female dog... totally a scientific term! Completely in line with "The Professors" usual writings.

F--k on the other hand... I doubt any of them ever say it in real life! Those boys are too polite.

Actually, Geddy said it on the outtakes for That Metal Show.

Its an amazing film!

STOOOOOONEHENGE! WHERE THE DEMONS DWELL!

I am ashamed to say I do not own that film.

I better see that this changes soon...

'Net Boy, Net Girl'....is probably the most vulgar lyrics Rush will ever have.

Put your message in a modem! Oh Neil with his whacky sexual double entendres.

That's it... I am no longer a Rush fan!

Actually, upon further reflection, Ged is known to use the F-word on occasion...

http://www.musicintheabstract.org/rush-oddities/audio/straining-the-limit-of-machine-and-man.mp3

So yeah, I will forgive them if they make a song based on the F-word!

• Like 3

Geddy has been relying on that word more in interviews for the better part of 10 years I think. Never read or heard him say it previously. Maybe it's old age. I don't think I've heard the other two use it though. Not sure why I bother to keep track of crap like this.

Edited by ytserush

I don't think so. Neil doesn't strike me as the kind of guy who would throw around the F word all that often.

(By the way, post 2,000! Yay! 112 to go!)

There's a bit of a difference between any member of the band cursing in every day language or in an interview, versus in an actual song. That's just not them.

Roll the Bones 2015:

Jack - relax, muthafucka

Get busy with the facts, yo

No zodiacs or almanacs, bitch

No maniacs in polyester slacks yo

Just the facts, muthafucka

Gonna kick some ass sucka

On second thought . . . nah.

• Like 3

Yeah, I've heard Alex and Geddy swear a bit. I don't think Neil would ever put it down in a lyric, though.

Roll the Bones 2015:

Jack - relax, muthafucka

Get busy with the facts, yo

No zodiacs or almanacs, bitch

No maniacs in polyester slacks yo

Just the facts, muthafucka

Gonna kick some ass sucka

On second thought . . . nah.

It might have improved the rap....

• Like 1