• Power Windows
    • Hold Your Fire
    • Presto
    • Roll The Bones
    • Counterparts
    • Vapor Trails
    • Snakes and Arrows
    • Clockwork Angels

I think we should create a Southern Caucus, where we discuss and unanimously vote together. Bathory and Narp, what do you say? We are already on the same page with RTB. With our power block, we could have some serious sway in these votes
  • Like 1

I think we should create a Southern Caucus, where we discuss and unanimously vote together. Bathory and Narp, what do you say? We are already on the same page with RTB. With our power block, we could have some serious sway in these votes

Could you remind me, why don't people like the people on SOCN?

http://static.fjcdn.com/gifs/Haters+gonna+hate_884d4c_4250947.gif

• Like 1

Hold your Fire

:o

Bite your tongue!

As co-ambassador for the wonderful Hold Your Fire, I am here to do some co-ambassadorizing...I won't let your foul dismissal stand!

don't feel bad, I think HYF will at least beat presto and VT, probably S&A too. it won't beat hemispheres or anything, but hey, it shouldn't. :)

Just doing my part to make sure it doesn't suffer a knockout in the third round. It should be in good shape for many more than that!

Interesting you singled out Hemispheres...the two H's are my two favorite Rush albums. :)

Should we just call it already?

CNN UPDATE - STILL TOO CLOSE TO CALL, THE RACE HAS TIGHTENED BETWEEN VAPOR TRAILS AND ROLL THE BONES. ALL PRECINCTS DUE TO REPORT AT 1 PM EST

• Like 1

BTW, I saw that vote switch to VT.....

So you vote for poor Roll The Bones instead??

There are worse albums, don't you think?

Oh, and by the way, I am on a diet, so I think I will pass on the cupcakes. Invite Andrew over for tea and give them to him. :)

It is absolutely absurd that the only album since Moving Pictures to increase the number of Rush listeners is about to be voted as the third worst the band ever made. Dreamline alone is worth the price of admission. Ghost of a Chance is a very interesting, lyrically beautiful song that rocks in the verse and bridge, but chills in the chorus...it is fairly unique in that way, and the effect is very powerful. Bravado has great lyrics, tone and emotion, as does Heresy (though slightly less in all departments). Roll the Bones is a great song with an unfortunate rap in it. But even that isn't nearly as bad as the people who take Rush way too seriously make it out to be. Where's My Thing was a great return to instrumentals. The Big Wheel is quite good, if not great, and even Neurotica has better riffs (and a great solo) than most songs since MP (again, if not for -otica, this would not be a hated song). The album is full of melodies not frequently seen since, ushers in the return of riffs, and remains both subtle and accessible.

Listen, I'm not going to say Roll The Bones is one of Rush's best albums, but it is so clearly not the third worst.

Very well said. Frankly, I find it more enjoyable than any album they released afterward, save Counterparts. Its not a top album by any means, but its not the worst either.

LedRush won't let that go unchallenged ;)

DEFEND COUNTERPARTS! :madra:

It has two of my favourite Rush songs. Sure dude!

"Stop" and "Fast Forward/Skip Song" are buttons or commands, not songs. Just sayin'.

Once RTB bites the dust, I hope youll join Narp and I in taking down Snakes and Arrows. Once that happens, Ill support your anti Counterparts campaign.

YOU BASTARD!

Counterparts and Snakes must live! :madra:

Hold your Fire

Bite your tongue!

As co-ambassador for the wonderful Hold Your Fire, I am here to do some co-ambassadorizing...I won't let your foul dismissal stand!

Sorry...it's a piece of crap! Started a downslide in good Rush album until Counterparts came out....

BTW, I saw that vote switch to VT.....

I'll give you another album after CP if you follow me (and the move is successful).

So you vote for poor Roll The Bones instead??

There are worse albums, don't you think?

Oh, and by the way, I am on a diet, so I think I will pass on the cupcakes. Invite Andrew over for tea and give them to him. :)

It is absolutely absurd that the only album since Moving Pictures to increase the number of Rush listeners is about to be voted as the third worst the band ever made. Dreamline alone is worth the price of admission. Ghost of a Chance is a very interesting, lyrically beautiful song that rocks in the verse and bridge, but chills in the chorus...it is fairly unique in that way, and the effect is very powerful. Bravado has great lyrics, tone and emotion, as does Heresy (though slightly less in all departments). Roll the Bones is a great song with an unfortunate rap in it. But even that isn't nearly as bad as the people who take Rush way too seriously make it out to be. Where's My Thing was a great return to instrumentals. The Big Wheel is quite good, if not great, and even Neurotica has better riffs (and a great solo) than most songs since MP (again, if not for -otica, this would not be a hated song). The album is full of melodies not frequently seen since, ushers in the return of riffs, and remains both subtle and accessible.

Listen, I'm not going to say Roll The Bones is one of Rush's best albums, but it is so clearly not the third worst.

I agree with you.

There's no accounting for taste, Led. What can we say??? :huh:

Hold your Fire

Bite your tongue!

Sorry...it's a piece of crap! Started a downslide in good Rush album until Counterparts came out....

You are a piece of crap.

So eat my poo!

Hold Your Fire is a masterpiece, rivalled by only MP and AFTK for the top spot.

Don't agree? Pfft...no one cares!

(Segue gettin nasty...my new image huehuehue)

Edited by Segue Myles
  • Like 1

Hold your Fire

Bite your tongue!

You are a piece of crap.

So eat my poo!

Thank you, Sir Segue.

I became a stuttering, blubbering, angry mess when I saw that post, and couldn't compose myself enough to compose a reply.

Hold your Fire

Bite your tongue!

You are a piece of crap.

So eat my poo!

Thank you, Sir Segue.

I became a stuttering, blubbering, angry mess when I saw that post, and couldn't compose myself enough to compose a reply.

I am sharpening the machete.

WHO WANTS SUMMA DIS!

Thought as much...silence...

Hold your Fire

Bite your tongue!

You are a piece of crap.

So eat my poo!

Thank you, Sir Segue.

I am sharpening the machete.

WHO WANTS SUMMA DIS!

Thought as much...silence...

Challenge accepted.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hjE2sxCQ_rU

HYF is a perfectly nice, fine album. But it is worse than every album that went before it other than PoW, and it is worse than at least half that came after it.

If we're seeing this much trouble to knock out some of the less than beloved albums, I'm scared of what will happen when we get down to the last 7 or so

Scary prospect. Even scarier thinking of what might win. :scared:

I hope to god it isn't Permanent Waves, jk

Or Hemispheres!

What happened to Round 4? Maybe they gave up on us as hopeless.

He is polishing my latrine.