Favorite Song from side 2 of 2112  

53 members have voted

1. 1. Favorite of side 2 of 2112

• A Passage to Bangkok
    • The Twilight Zone
    • Lessons
    • Tears
    • Something For Nothing

Excuse me if this thread has been done before (definitely has :D), but as 2112's humble ambassadress, I must know damn it ;).

I had to go with the Twilight Zone. The song was one of those that didn't totally catch me right away, but as I have kept listening to the album, this one has really stood out for me. I just love it (especially the eerie chorus and the atmosphere it evokes).
  • Like 1

LESSONS!!!!

^^^ This all day and for 38 years now.... Honorable mention goes to Something For Nothing. Kick @ss tune as well. Love all of side 2 obviously as I have stated around here ad nauseam.... :)
  • Like 3

Lessons is my favorite song, though I love Bangkok and Something for Nothing. Twilight Zone is fun, and Tears has its positives, but I'm sticking with Lessons. Actually, I'm gonna pop in the 5.1 graphic version right now!!!
  • Like 4

Lessons is my favorite song, though I love Bangkok and Something for Nothing. Twilight Zone is fun, and Tears has its positives, but I'm sticking with Lessons. Actually, I'm gonna pop in the 5.1 graphic version right now!!!

Looking at this thread sent me down the same slippery slope of needing to lay back in my bed, plug into some headphones, and blast the entire album. I am now onto AFTK, lol.

• Like 2

I had to go with the Twilight Zone. The song was one of those that didn't totally catch me right away, but as I have kept listening to the album, this one has really stood out for me. I just love it (especially the eerie chorus and the atmosphere it evokes).

Amazing tone in this song. Alex is on fire, and Geddy's vocals are fantastic in the chorus,
  • Like 1

I actually listen to side 2 more than side 1. After "Presentation", I usually bail on 2112.
  • Like 1

Lessons is growing on me. Still not clicking quite yet. Tears is a pretty good vocal performance of early Geddy. Twilight Zone is cringeworthy. Bangkok's pretty good, and I love listening to it on the Snakes and Arrows Live concert.

But Something For Nothing is among the band's finest work. Holy hell is that song awesome. One of the first Rush songs I learned on guitar, and the ATWAS version kicks some serious ass :haz:

had to put tears away for a period, I was at a wedding and my friend who got married's college friend was there and we were talking rush and we talked about 2112, and he was all into this tears song saying how emotional it was and how great it was, well, turns out this douce turned out to be one of the biggest stuck up jerk a holes I ever met.. so everytime I would hear (tears) I would think of him. I eventually got over it. took a while. This dude was beyond what you would call a real JERk.. Edited by nicky6