Bowling Immortality: Non-Pro Bowler Scores A Perfect 900 Series

Principled Man

Hakim Emmanuel of Boston became just the 26th bowler in history to roll three consecutive 300 games for a 900 series (officially sanctioned by the United States Bowling Congress). The feat happened at Westgate Lanes on Feb. 20, 2015.

There is hope for all of us Friday night bowlers after all!!

:ebert: :ebert: :ebert:

Edited by Principled Man

I would be curious to know what his average is. I consider myself a pretty accomplished bowler (was. see hand surgeries) and I have only bowled 3 sanctioned 300 games and my highest series ever was 782. My average at the time was around 210. I did most of my bowling in what was considered a "difficult house" to score in but still. 900 is amazing no doubt. The highest series I have ever witnesses was around 840 and that was my Nephew. When he did that his average was only around 190.... Edited by Narpsberg

Wow, when I bowled in leagues I was pretty good... only cracked 800 a handful of times.

My high series was a paltry 685. Lots of 600 series, but I could never reach the next level. I would usually get too distracted by the hottie waitress bringing me beers.... :doh:

Edited by Principled Man
  • Like 2

I would be curious to know what his average is. I consider myself a pretty accomplished bowler (was. see hand surgeries) and I have only bowled 3 sanctioned 300 games and my highest series ever was 782. My average at the time was around 210. I did most of my bowling in what was considered a "difficult house" to score in but still. 900 is amazing no doubt. The highest series I have ever witnesses was around 840 and that was my Nephew. When he did that his average was only around 190....

That's pretty awesome. I came close to 300 a couple times, but those damn 9-spares did me in. I won many youth trophies (my mom used to be the bookkeeper at a bowling alley) and I was the worst on my team. One guy that I bowled with had a couple 300 games by the age of 12.

• Like 1

Wow, when I bowled in leagues I was pretty good... only cracked 800 a handful of times.

My high series was a paltry 685. Lots of 600 series, but I could never reach the next level. I would usually get too distracted by the hottie waitress bringing me beers.... :doh:

You see Narp bowled a few 300 games? Holy crap! Too bad his wrist is all f'd up!

• Like 1

That's pretty amazing to keep that kind of concentration throughout that series. Never bowled a 300 but I did bowl a 278 once. Just that feat alone I felt I was o FIYA I can just imagine what that guy was feeling.
  • Like 1

Well I'll be damned! I usually bowl around 110 a round on a good night :eh:

That's how I bowl now. With a bad knee, bad back, and tendinitis in my right elbow (I'm a righty)... the best game I've had in the last 5 years was 170-something... but then again, I only bowl once or twice a year

Well I'll be damned! I usually bowl around 110 a round on a good night :eh:

That's how I bowl now. With a bad knee, bad back, and tendinitis in my right elbow (I'm a righty)... the best game I've had in the last 5 years was 170-something... but then again, I only bowl once or twice a year

After all my disability stuff is straightened out I will go back to attempting to bowl left handed again. I tried it prior to my first surgery when my right hand was killing me so bad I couldn't even consider bowling right hand ever again. I bowled in a league for about half the season and averaged about 162 which doesn't sound too bad I guess for my first attempt. It still got to frustrating for me knowing what I once was. Now when I go back again I know its my only choice and hopefully my attitude will be a bit different. Maybe have some fun. That would be a whole different approach for me. I am to much of a perfectionist about everything. Just ask my children.... Edited by Narpsberg

Wow. A 900.

Waaaay back in the day, I bowled a lot. It was mostly in youth leagues and on the high school team (truth be told, I joined the high school team because I found out they let you leave campus early for practice and the owner of the local alley we used was very liberal with the tap in the bar - my intentions were not pure.... well, okay, maybe they were pure for the typical bowling crowd!).

Anyway, my average peaked around 195. I rolled a few 700 series in competition, but never cracked 800 in a sanctioned event (I got within a strike out of one once, but came into the pocket high and hit a solid 7 pin on the second ball of the 10th - I remember it vividly because I so bummed).

I rolled a few 300s in practice, but never in sanctioned competition. Frankly, the few times I got close in competition, I choked. That's the thing with bowling. It's not all that difficult once you learn how to roll well, but the mental game is brutal. It's a game of execution.

Edited by WorkingAllTheTime
  • Like 1

Wow. A 900.

Waaaay back in the day, I bowled a lot. It was mostly in youth leagues and on the high school team (truth be told, I joined the high school team because I found out they let you leave campus early for practice and the owner of the local alley we used was very liberal with the tap in the bar - my intentions were not pure.... well, okay, maybe they were pure for the typical bowling crowd!).

Anyway, my average peaked around 195. I rolled a few 700 series in competition, but never cracked 800 in a sanctioned event (I got within a strike out of one once, but came into the pocket high and hit a solid 7 pin on the second ball of the 10th - I remember it vividly because I so bummed).

I rolled a few 300s in practice, but never in sanctioned competition. Frankly, the few times I got close in competition, I choked. That's the thing with bowling. It's not all that difficult once you learn how to roll well, but the mental game is brutal. It's a game of execution.

Truthfully I choked in all three of my perfect games but I happened to finish them off anyway. I swear the final couple strikes in all of them barely resembled the previous ten. They all went down somehow anyway... :LOL:
  • Like 1