The Official 2015 49ers Thread

JohnRogers

Aldon Smith arrested for DUI, hit and run and vandalism

Posted by Josh Alper on August 7, 2015, 10:45 AM EDT

aldon-smith.jpg?w=250

News broke that 49ers linebacker Aldon Smith was arrested on Friday morning, but there weren’t any details about what led him to Santa Clara County Jail.

The Santa Clara Police Department has now offered up those details. They announced via Twitter that Smith was arrested for hit and run, DUI and vandalism on Thursday night. No further information about the incident that led to the arrest was released, but a press release is expected later this morning.

Smith’s no stranger to DUI as he’s been arrested on those charges twice before. He went to rehab after his second arrest in September 2013, which led to a stay in rehab and five missed games during the 2013 season. If he’s guilty of these charges and isn’t in prison, more help should be the least of the stipulations mandated as a way to protect the rest of the population.

He missed nine more games while serving a suspension for those arrests and other off-field trouble last season. Should these charges stick, Smith will be looking at another suspension and there’s a good chance it will also mark the end of his time with the 49ers.

49ers cut Aldon Smith

Posted by Michael David Smith on August 7, 2015, 2:44 PM EDT

642cbb39c0bfe7b9f6b61b385c4dfaae.jpeg?w=250

Aldon Smith has used up his last chance.

Smith, the talented but troubled 49ers pass rusher who was arrested overnight for DUI, has been released.

There was little doubt that had to happen: The 49ers have given second and third chances to Smith and he has repeatedly made them regret it, and at some point they simply had to say enough is enough.

“This organization has tried very hard to help Aldon fight his issues,” the team said in a statement. “Although he is no longer a member of this team, our support and concern for him will continue.”

In his only season as a full-time starter, in 2012, Smith was a sensational player, finishing the season with 19.5 sacks. But in 2013 he missed five games while in alcohol rehab, and in 2014 he missed nine games because of an NFL suspension. Now his 49ers career is over, and his NFL future is in doubt.

• Like 1

The team is not going to be as bad as people think. I'm putting it here now, if I am wrong I will eat this thread lol.

http://talkingshrimp.com/ts/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/knife-and-fork-200x300.jpg

49ers cut Aldon Smith

Posted by Michael David Smith on August 7, 2015, 2:44 PM EDT

642cbb39c0bfe7b9f6b61b385c4dfaae.jpeg?w=250

Aldon Smith has used up his last chance.

Smith, the talented but troubled 49ers pass rusher who was arrested overnight for DUI, has been released.

There was little doubt that had to happen: The 49ers have given second and third chances to Smith and he has repeatedly made them regret it, and at some point they simply had to say enough is enough.

“This organization has tried very hard to help Aldon fight his issues,” the team said in a statement. “Although he is no longer a member of this team, our support and concern for him will continue.”

In his only season as a full-time starter, in 2012, Smith was a sensational player, finishing the season with 19.5 sacks. But in 2013 he missed five games while in alcohol rehab, and in 2014 he missed nine games because of an NFL suspension. Now his 49ers career is over, and his NFL future is in doubt.

Someone is sure to pick him up, if he chooses to continue with football.

0-16

pktvk.jpg

Bold Prediction:

Say what you will about Jack Del Rio, but the guy is a pretty darn good coach. Right about now, his ability to make the Jaguars competitive year after year after year (remember all of those battles with the Steelers?) seems like a minor miracle. So he’ll have the Raiders playing much better football right from the start. Plus, he has some good talent to work with, both young (Derek Carr, Khalil Mack, Amari Cooper) and veteran (Michael Crabtree, Justin Tuck, etc.). Throw in that San Diego and Kansas City are no great shakes, and Oakland can compete.

http://cover32.com/2015/06/26/five-bold-predictions-for-the-afc-west-in-2015/4/

The Interweb does not lie.

Ok now I'm getting worried.

I didn't see it but I'm assuming you're sweating a pre-season game?

The San Francisco 49ers underwent a mountain of change this offseason, with a new coaching staff and Patrick Willis, Justin Smith, Chris Borland and Anthony Davis all retiring. The first three of those players are defenders, so seeing how the first-team defense plays was of particular interest on Saturday. It went poorly.

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2015/8/15/9160251/nfl-preseason-scores-results-2015-brian-hoyer-jameis-winston

I'm not expecting great things this season but worrying after an early pre-season game is like worrying today aboot Trump's first 100 days in office.

Ok now I'm getting worried.

I didn't see it but I'm assuming you're sweating a pre-season game?

Nope by a mile. I was referring to the Aldon Smith release. Except for watching unproven/unknown player development the preseason is meaningless.

The team is not going to be as bad as people think. I'm putting it here now, if I am wrong I will eat this thread lol.

http://talkingshrimp.com/ts/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/knife-and-fork-200x300.jpg

Record is 0-0 last I checked so hold unto the silverware until real games have been played.

Record is 0-0 last I checked so hold unto the silverware until real games have been played.

:LOL:

So is Jarred Hayne going to make the cut? Or is it the case that anyone with two legs could perform half-decently in those pre-season games?

He's making a good case for himself right now. Preseason may not be the real thing, but he is standing out nevertheless. If other parts of his game like blocking come along then he will have a good shot.

Ahmad Brooks, Ray McDonald indicted in sexual assault case

Posted by Michael David Smith on August 26, 2015, 7:59 PM EDT

cd0ymzcznguwzdbhnduynddiytjhm2yyzthlmtjjotqwyyznpwvimzqwyjk3mthkmjaznja2nwy4ywuyzdlmzdqxmthl-e1418386059887.jpeg?w=197

San Francisco 49ers linebacker Ahmad Brooks and former 49ers defensive lineman Ray McDonald have been indicted in a sexual assault case.

McDonald faces one count of rape and Brooks faces one count of misdemeanor sexual battery, the San Jose Mercury News reports. McDonald could be sentenced to up to eight years in prison if convicted, while Brooks could face up to six months in jail.

The men were both accused by the same woman in an incident that took place at McDonald’s house in December. She says that McDonald raped her and that Brooks groped her after she fell and hit her head near McDonald’s pool.

McDonald has also been indicted for violating a domestic violence restraining order, in a separate incident.

The 49ers, who had already faced criticism for allowing McDonald to play despite a previous domestic violence accusation, cut McDonald after the rape accusation in December. The Bears signed McDonald this offseason but then cut him amid another domestic violence investigation.

McDonald’s NFL career is almost certainly over, as no team would touch him at this point. It remains to be seen what the 49ers or the NFL will do with Brooks, who has been a starter for the 49ers for four years and started both preseason games this year.

The indictments are another black eye for the NFL and for the 49ers, who have dealt with a string of off-field issues and will now face another.

So is Jarred Hayne going to make the cut? Or is it the case that anyone with two legs could perform half-decently in those pre-season games?

He made the final 53 man roster.

He made the final 53 man roster.

And cue a dramatic increase in NFL interest in this country! I take it that the locals aren't expecting great things from the 49ers this year.

The off season was blood bath of turn over in personal. I've never seen anything like it. Conventional wisdom is the 49ers will be in the toilet. So they probably will surprise everyone winding up in the NFC Championship game.

1. Carlos Hyde out from under Frank Gore's shadow appears a beast.

2. Looks there is still a creditable defense in San Franciso.

3. Kap appears to have learned some traditional QB skills.