Truly Outstanding Beers.

QUOTE (Warren @ Aug 11 2005, 06:41 PM)
They can take the p all they want, I'll be giggling in a stupor. rofl3.gif hehehe

Oh, and that Blithering Idiot was free. tongue.gif However, I am not. cool.gif Er...I guess that depends.... pokey.gif

This entire post requires further explanation.....

... depends upon what, pray tell? wink.gif

common001.gif

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, I don't know if this belongs in the "Outstanding" catagory or not, as I've never tried it, but the name is certainly outstanding:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v428/snowdog2004/15813.jpg

Love that name! "Blackout Stout" laugh.gif Anyone ever had this?

Edited by Snowdog

QUOTE (Snowdog @ Aug 12 2005, 09:58 AM)
OK, I don't know if this belongs in the "Outstanding" catagory or not, as I've never tried it, but the name is certainly outstanding:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v428/snowdog2004/15813.jpg

Love that name! "Blackout Stout" laugh.gif Anyone ever had this?

No... but i'd love to give it a tip trink39.gif

Right now I'm pounding a few Yuengling Light Lagers, but I prefer the real deal. I've been a steady BEER man since i was like 18 or so, never cared for liquor or mixed drinks... just beer. I prefer REAL beers. Not this new microbrewery taste of the day crap either. I live in N.E Pa and Yuengling is from here. Funny thing is, I never tried it until about ten years ago. Since first taste i was hooked. Went through a Michelob phase for quite awhile, but it's been nothing but Yuengling for a decade now. Good stuff. Must grab another. Bye.

QUOTE (Necromancer @ Aug 15 2005, 10:48 PM)
Right now I'm pounding a few Yuengling Light Lagers, but I prefer the real deal.  I've been a steady BEER man since i was like 18 or so, never cared for liquor or mixed drinks... just beer.  I prefer REAL beers.  Not this new microbrewery taste of the day crap either.  I live in N.E Pa and Yuengling is from here.  Funny thing is, I never tried it until about ten years ago.  Since first taste i was hooked.  Went through a Michelob phase for quite awhile, but it's been nothing but Yuengling for a decade now.  Good stuff.  Must grab another.  Bye.

Yeah Yuengling is some good stuff. I tried many many beers from around the world, I think Yuengling is the real deal as far as taste goes. It has a funny name but it sure is some good beer lol. trink38.gif

I'm drinking a "Traditional Lager" from Yuengling right now, been up all night and when I read your post I figured I would drink a couple and hit the sack. I drink 5-6 times a year tops, your post made me crack one open, I had 2 left from the 6er I bought while driving through PA about a month ago. Theres something about Ameber beer that makes me go MMMMM.

Edited by Indica

I am Canadian and I know beer. I have tried probably 60 different beers in my life. Many fellow Canadians will disagree with what I'm about to say as far as the best beer, but like I said I know beer.

Number one beer ever American Budweiser!!!!! (Canadian Bud doesn't even come close)

followed very closely by Coors (plain regular Coors in the gold can).

As well pretty much all other American beer are 062802puke_prv.gif

Sure there are fancy beers, and darks, and ambers, and strongs, and yada yada....... Beer is not supposed to be an aquired taste. It's just good and loved by the masses.

QUOTE (Dread Pirate Robert @ Aug 22 2005, 05:33 PM)
This thread is for beer snobs only.

No "miller lites" or "budweisers" or any other such non-snob crap allowed.

*whacks budweiser fan over head with wooden leg*

Aaarrrrrrr . . . .

rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif

QUOTE (Modest Man From Mandrake @ Aug 18 2005, 10:35 PM)
I am Canadian and I know beer. I have tried probably 60 different beers in my life. Many fellow Canadians will disagree with what I'm about to say as far as the best beer, but like I said I know beer.

Number one beer ever American Budweiser!!!!! (Canadian Bud doesn't even come close)
followed very closely by Coors (plain regular Coors in the gold can).

As well pretty much all other American beer are 062802puke_prv.gif

Sure there are fancy beers, and darks, and ambers, and strongs, and yada yada....... Beer is not supposed to be an aquired taste. It's just good and loved by the masses.

Oh Modest One, I too was once a swiller of the fizzy yellow concoction that many call "beer." That is, until a friend of mine convinced me to try a nice English stout. As I recall, my reaction was, "Now that's a beer!" Haven't been a drinker of the yellow stuff since.

A Double Stout sounds good right about now. Think I'll have one.

(Oh, and don't drink it ice cold. Around 55 degrees +/- is just right wink.gif )

QUOTE (Snowdog @ Aug 22 2005, 08:22 PM)
Oh Modest One, I too was once a swiller of the fizzy yellow concoction that many call "beer."

Me too.

Hell, in college, I used to drink Olympia beer, because it was the cheapest thing available. You could get a 12 pack for about 4 bucks.

QUOTE (Dread Pirate Robert @ Aug 22 2005, 06:33 PM)

THANK YOU. trink39.gif

ranton.gif

Rule of thumb for this thread: With the exception of Sam Adams, any American or Canadian beers that run massive ad campaigns on TV or radio are NOT ALLOWED TO BE DISCUSSED IN HERE. By all means start a seperate thread about those mass-produced, fizzy piss-yellow watered-down cans of crap that have the balls to say "beer" on their labels. If it claims to be "ice brewed, cold-filtered, Beechwood aged, fire brewed, union made, shipped cold," or some other lame description of the beer's so-called brewing process designed to hide the fact that it's made with shitty, cheap ingredients...well, grab a big paper cup talk about it over there...there's a half-keg of Coors Light waiting for you. Go ahead -- load up! It'll take you eight cups of that yellow, watery swill (and five trips to the bathroom) to get you buzzed. And you'd better drink it fast...'cause when that shit warms up, you'll be making that EWWWWWWW face because the cheap adjunct grains they used to <ahem> "craft" that garbage will turn that "Rocky Mountain fresh" beer into sewer-rancid bile. Us beer snobs will be in here, enjoying a tasty stout or a lovely pale ale or a sharp-tasting IPA out of a glass, and we'll be feeling nice after just two pints. We drink the expensive stuff because it TASTES REALLY FRIGGIN' GOOD. And we're PROUD that it costs over $7.99 a six, dammit! If you buy beer simply to get drunk or because it costs $2.99 a six pack, LEAVE NOW.

Again, if you want to start a thread for waxing poetic about Molson Dry Golden Ice or Michelob Low-Carb Ultra, go right ahead...trust us, we'll leave you alone.

rantoff.gif

z7shysterical.gif z7shysterical.gif z7shysterical.gif

You ROCK, 1-0-0-1.

*drinks a sip of her Sierra Nevada from her SN GLASS*

wink.gif

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Aug 22 2005, 09:45 PM)
Rule of thumb for this thread: With the exception of Sam Adams, any American or Canadian beers that run massive ad campaigns on TV or radio are NOT ALLOWED TO BE DISCUSSED IN HERE. By all means start a seperate thread about those mass-produced, fizzy piss-yellow watered-down cans of crap that have the balls to say "beer" on their labels. If it claims to be "ice brewed, cold-filtered, Beechwood aged, fire brewed, union made, shipped cold," or some other lame description of the beer's so-called brewing process designed to hide the fact that it's made with shitty, cheap ingredients...well, grab a big paper cup talk about it over there...there's a half-keg of Coors Light waiting for you. Go ahead -- load up! It'll take you eight cups of that yellow, watery swill (and five trips to the bathroom) to get you buzzed. And you'd better drink it fast...'cause when that shit warms up, you'll be making that EWWWWWWW face because the cheap adjunct grains they used to <ahem> "craft" that garbage will turn that "Rocky Mountain fresh" beer into sewer-rancid bile. Us beer snobs will be in here, enjoying a tasty stout or a lovely pale ale or a sharp-tasting IPA out of a glass, and we'll be feeling nice after just two pints. We drink the expensive stuff because it TASTES REALLY FRIGGIN' GOOD. And we're PROUD that it costs over $7.99 a six, dammit! If you buy beer simply to get drunk or because it costs $2.99 a six pack, LEAVE NOW.

Again, if you want to start a thread for waxing poetic about Molson Dry Golden Ice or Michelob Low-Carb Ultra, go right ahead...trust us, we'll leave you alone.

rantoff.gif

biggrin.gif wink.gif laugh.gif tongue.gif trink39.gif

QUOTE (Dread Pirate Robert @ Aug 9 2005, 03:22 AM)
"Fraoch Heather Ale", which I just tried my first bottle of today, and will definitely try again in the future to follow up on how it seemed in this one bottle, when I get a chance to obtain more of it.

Tried some more Fraoch Heather Ale earlier tonight.

And as I thought the first time, damned friggin good, though the taste proably isn't for everyone. Highly unusual for a beer. But, imo, it rocks. Damned good.

Edited by Dread Pirate Robert

QUOTE (Dread Pirate Robert @ Aug 23 2005, 12:20 AM)
QUOTE (Dread Pirate Robert @ Aug 9 2005, 03:22 AM)
"Fraoch Heather Ale", which I just tried my first bottle of today, and will definitely try again in the future to follow up on how it seemed in this one bottle, when I get a chance to obtain more of it.

Tried some more Fraoch Heather Ale earlier tonight.

And as I thought the first time, damned friggin good, though the taste proably isn't for everyone. Highly unusual for a beer. But, imo, it rocks. Damned good.

Because a few of you have raved about this beer recently, I picked up a bottle tonight. I'll try it this weekend (it's warm right now but it's in the fridge chillin').

QUOTE (Dread Pirate Robert @ Aug 22 2005, 11:08 PM)

rantoff.gif

biggrin.gif wink.gif laugh.gif tongue.gif trink39.gif

rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif You guys are actually starting to believe your own bullshit rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif

This is my new favorite Beer

http://www.mylifeisbeer.com/beer/bottles/autopics/59.jpg

drool1.gif

u can really taste the cherries in it.

It surprized me cuz i was like...cherries in BEER??!?

Its REALLY good yes.gif

Edited by DonnaWanna

QUOTE (Dread Pirate Robert @ Aug 22 2005, 06:33 PM)

THANK YOU. trink39.gif

ranton.gif

rantoff.gif

Absolutely yes.gif

goodpost.gif trink39.gif 1287.gif

new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif